Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Continue the circus.

I reckon those 3 days would have cost him an arm and a leg. I doubt he can afford to appeal and lose.
    All about principle for Folau.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Even though RA spent $2 million less on that in 2018 than in 2017, it was still $15 million for the year. That was almost 4 times as much as the amount that was allocated to the state and territory unions last year (that allocation was $4 million in total for 2018; up $1 million on 2017, with NSW getting almost half of that extra $1million.)
    A lot of the Force salaries would have been off last year’s books.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    More like all about being an idiot. After last year who would sign a contract and put themselves in this position.

vCash
    If he wins and bankrupts the RA the game in this country can start again. No more nominations committee, Rebels deals gone, Uncle Cam gone, payouts and lawyers also gone.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Gonski!
    Education slush fund?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Education slush fund?
    OK then......gone-ski.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    If he wins and bankrupts the RA the game in this country can start again. No more nominations committee, Rebels deals gone, Uncle Cam gone, payouts and lawyers also gone.
    I dont think that will happen, honestly, they wont be insolvent, someone will bail them out if they tinkered on the edge. They are still anticipating an $8millon dollar loss this year with or without the extra 4 million it costs to sack Folau and lose, if they can cop 8mill of the chin another 4 wont do too much, they will just call on advance payments and spend it at the detriment of the future, they have that track record already so it will just continue untill someone steps in and forcefully shuts them down, and we all know ASIC wont even do that so I doubt anyone else will..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I dont think that will happen, honestly, they wont be insolvent, someone will bail them out if they tinkered on the edge. They are still anticipating an $8millon dollar loss this year with or without the extra 4 million it costs to sack Folau and lose, if they can cop 8mill of the chin another 4 wont do too much, they will just call on advance payments and spend it at the detriment of the future, they have that track record already so it will just continue untill someone steps in and forcefully shuts them down, and we all know ASIC wont even do that so I doubt anyone else will..
    They can’t cop $8 million on the chin look at the creative accounting and lost revenue in last year’s books. The RA are also planning their future expenditure on money they will receive from the World League which hasn’t been approved. There’s a reason why they asked for the $5 million for the Perth Bledisloe from the WA Government two years in advance.

No one will bail them out as they won’t be able to ruin the show on their terms, appoint their Sydney Uni mates and hang on to their dwindling power.

vCash
    Is it?

What happens if one of his kids turns out to be gay. Does he stick to his principles and tell his son he's going to hell or turn his back on his principles for the love of his son. What would you do? I sure as shit wouldn't be putting religion before one of my kids....

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Is it?
    He might think so. But righteous principles have to include sticking to your word, once given, so double standards at least. One thing I have not seen anywhere in this sorry business is how this fundamentalist view sits with the Tongan practice of raising male children as Fakaleiti - which is also acceptable throughout Polynesia.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Breaking it down excluding job titles.

- A long period for consultations given the gap between the incident and the first hearing
    - 15 hours over the weekend don’t know if there are weekend penalty rates for lawyers
    - The RA has to hire a room in a law firm at ANZ Tower yesterday as there are no meeting rooms available at the Taj Mahal. Seven hour hearing than you have the deliberation period. Doubt they came free
    - Still no hearing deliberations and punishment issued
    - The RA deny a pay out offer
    - No signed agreement in regards to social media usage by Folau

Me thinks with no news today in regards to submissions from both sides in regards to the verdict, by now the RA will be shitting bricks.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bombshell within 48 - 72 hours.

vCash
    I wonder how many Go Fund Me pages have been set up for Folau?

vCash
    I wonder how many Go Fund Me pages have been set up for Folau?
    Hopefully none. He doesnt deserve a cent. As much as I would love to throw as many stones and feel nothing but scorn upon Rugby Australia I believe his exclusion from the Australian team and the fact he doesnt get a cent out of this for his antics it rightly justified.

Using religion in sport or to preach your views in sport is pretty pathetic, especially from a role model like he was, on the largest contract or thereabouts, and after last year he right fully got whats coming to him.

Rugby is not a platform to express your hatred and honophobic views, keep them to yourself or with your church but whilst you represent Australia under the code of conduct you are obligated not to spread hate. I mean quoting texts from an ancient fairy tale is as dimwitted as it gets to try and get your point across.

Hopefully this episode drags on and brings Rugby Australia down, but doing so I hope Izzy homophobe Folau doesnt get a cent, and by christ I hope his son is gay!! Izzy deserves it!

vCash
    Breaking it down excluding job titles.

- A long period for consultations given the gap between the incident and the first hearing
    - 15 hours over the weekend don’t know if there are weekend penalty rates for lawyers
    - The RA has to hire a room in a law firm at ANZ Tower yesterday as there are no meeting rooms available at the Taj Mahal. Seven hour hearing than you have the deliberation period. Doubt they came free
    - Still no hearing deliberations and punishment issued
    - The RA deny a pay out offer
    - No signed agreement in regards to social media usage by Folau

Me thinks with no news today in regards to submissions from both sides in regards to the verdict, by now the RA will be shitting bricks.
    No meeting room available at Moore Park?? What about the boardroom? Surely to goodness no other meeting is more important to RA right now than this? Unbelievable!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast