Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    The deeply religious 30-year-old can appeal the decision to Rugby Australia within the next 72 hours but will reportedly bypass that step and take his landmark case straight to the Supreme Court.
    Do it Izzy.

You probably won't win but keep RA focused on anything that's not their actual job

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Now I'm going to call you out on this one.

You could not possibly have heard from Elvis.
    He is on a moon orbiting a planet of silicon based life forms in another galaxy which is in a parallel universe, and can only be contacted via an inter-galactic worm-hole which opens approximately once every Jupiter year and then for only a few microseconds.
    Well I'm going to call you out on THAT. Its a well known fact that Elvis Presley has been seen walking out of a 7-eleven right here on Mother Earth.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I spoke with him the other week on the big white telephone!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Do it Izzy. You probably won't win but keep RA focused on anything that's not their actual job
    RA don't need a court case for that. A ball of wool on the floor is enough

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I noticed that RA managed to set the appeal time limit at ... You won't believe this ... 72 hours!!!

I take back every nasty comment about RA, somebody there has a great sense of humour

Will Izzy appeal in August?

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    There’s been a few media reports suggesting he will bypass Rugby Australia’s appeal process and go to them Supreme Court which would negate the 72 hour timeframe.

I also saw that the ATO is watching his church for donations for funding his potential appeal.

vCash
    There’s been a few media reports suggesting he will bypass Rugby Australia’s appeal process and go to them Supreme Court which would negate the 72 hour timeframe.

I also saw that the ATO is watching his church for donations for funding his potential appeal.
    I wonder if the ATO looked into the salary payments made to him and Pocock by private parties through the Australian Rugby Foundation, which also has charity status....

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Israel Folau eyes industrial relations expert for court move

Zac Rayson
    FOX SPORTS
    May 22, 2019 6:32AM

Israel Folau has reportedly turned to high-profile workplace relations lawyer, Stuart Wood QC, as he considers taking his stoush with Rugby Australia to the courts.

According to a Fairfax report, Folau is keen to engage the Melbourne-based silk who has built a reputation for representing individuals in unlawful termination cases where free speech is a central issue.

A Folau spokesman confirmed to Fairfax that Folau and Wood were in talks, but that the barrister had not yet been “engaged” by the embattled superstar.

The Folau camp are still considering their next steps in the legal battle. Folau could challenge Rugby Australia in the Supreme Court over his high-level breach of contract.

His other avenue of appeal could be to take up the case with the Fair Work Commission, lodging a complaint for unlawful dismissal on religious grounds. The 30-year-old rugby star has until June 10 to begin that process.

If the two parties cannot agree a settlement — something RA will certainly seek to avoid the saga further damaging the code’s reputation — the Federal Court looms as a potential battleground.

Folau has stated an appeal through Rugby Australia’s internal channels was not a viable option, stating he held fears over unfair treatment through his appea process.

“My decision not to commence Rugby Australia’s appeal process is in no way an acceptance of the judicial panel’s findings,” Folau said in a Monday statement.

“I simply do not have confidence in Rugby Australia’s ability to treat me fairly or lawfully throughout this process.”

The Rugby Union Players’ Association (RUPA) has meanwhile promised a review into players expressing their beliefs, seeking clear guidelines for players to avoid a similar situation in the future.

“RUPA notes that Rugby AU has not yet provided any clear or specific parameters to the professional playing group specifying how it expects individual professional players to express their faith and beliefs in a manner acceptable to Rugby AU,” a RUPA statement read.

“To address this, RUPA will immediately establish and undertake an expression of faith and beliefs review alongside its players, incorporating advice from those with and without strong religious beliefs, with an aim to hold a first meeting of the review committee following the conclusion of the Super Rugby and World Rugby Sevens Series seasons.”

RA boss Raelene Castle offered her support to the review, stating: “We look forward to working with RUPA to fully understand their plans for the review and how Rugby Australia can support it.”

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...ed782d504037c0

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Do it Izzy.

Force these fuckers to piss more money up a wall on legal costs.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Do it Izzy.

Force these fuckers to piss more money up a wall on legal costs.
    I'm curious Jargs.

If Folau does as you suggest and RugbyAustralia is forced, in fact,to go bankrupt/administration/receivership, what do see happening next for the Rugby governing body?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I presume the Australian Sports Commission would finally lift a finger at that point.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I'm curious Jargs.

If Folau does as you suggest and RugbyAustralia is forced, in fact,to go bankrupt/administration/receivership, what do see happening next for the Rugby governing body?
    Possibly a governing body which isn't beholden to just two states, which would be nice.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Well you have a couple of good answers there X; though I thought they were pretty obvious. A negative would be if the IRB bailed them out and not much changed at Moore Park. I don't know if that is likely. Has there been any precedents?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I'm curious Jargs.

Alison and Sheikh hit the nail on the head.

Hoping for a process similar to what happened to soccer in Australia bout 15 years ago (Google Crawford report if you really want details) where they should set up a board and process that is equitable to the rest of Australia, not just 2 states.

Absolute bonus would be the Wallabies being reduced to Minnow status but that might be a reach.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast