Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    The level of delusion is gob-smacking.

Was greed on the list of things that he reckons will get you a gig in hell?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    When this goes south, as it will, Castle will be thrown under the bus, not Clyne
    Castle is already under the bus. She may lose her job over this.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Arrange it how? By paying him his $4million plus costs etc??
    Something like that and keep the monetary value confidential. Folau is pushing the on screen apology.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    The Circus is set to continue. You wouldn't know that the Super Rugby semi's are on this weekend would you

Israel Folau and Rugby Australia failed to reach an agreement in today’s conciliation meeting at the Fair Work Commission in Sydney.

Leaving the building shortly after 1pm alongside his legal team, Folau said he was “very disappointed” in the outcome.

“Look, we’re very, very disappointed about the outcome today,” he said.

“But I’d like to thank all those who supported me in this time and I’ll continue to stand up for the freedom of all Australians.”

“It appears as though, unless things change, then we will be heading for court,” Folau’s lawyer George Haros told reporters.

His dispute with the governing body of rugby will now proceed to a formal hearing.

A stonefaced Folau walked into the building around 9:30 this morning to take the first step in his multimillion dollar legal battle.

The football star arrived in a taxi with his legal team minutes before his conciliation hearing was due to start, dressed in a black suit, buttondown shirt and red tie.

Forced to negotiate a heavy media scrum and with nowhere to park, the Wallabies full-back was forced to pull back as his taxi sped up William Street away from the entrance to the building.

After sitting in the taxi for a few minutes, Folau and his team left the vehicle and began the walk back down the hill. Naturally, they were immediately surrounded by cameras and reporters.

“I’m hoping for an apology. I’d be happy with that,” Folau told journalists on his way to the entrance.

The sacked football star cracked a brief smile when a morning commuter told him he was praying for him.

“God goes with you brother,” the man said, before walking away.

“Thanks mate,” Folau replied, looking back and smiling.

More here: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...03135135780564

Last edited by jargan83; 28-06-19 at 11:29.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Surprise surprise

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    At least one journalist has written the truth about Folau's post......"Folau had paraphrased a Bible passage saying "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters" would go to hell unless they repented."

A key defense spruiked by his supporters has been along the lines of "you can't be sacked for quoting from the bible". It is a simple fact there in black and white in Folau's post. That verse he supposedly "quoted" does not mention hell or homosexuals. It's been said before; but if this was a muslim preacher putting his own murderous slant on what's written in the quran, these same fundamentalist christians and far right shock jocks would be screaming against hate speech - and I'd totally agree . Folau is so stupid he cant even see he's being used big time.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...28-p5225w.html

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    At least one journalist has written the truth about Folau's post......"Folau had paraphrased a Bible passage saying "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters" would go to hell unless they repented."

A key defense spruiked by his supporters has been along the lines of "you can't be sacked for quoting from the bible". It is a simple fact there in black and white in Folau's post. That verse he supposedly "quoted" does not mention hell or homosexuals. It's been said before; but if this was a muslim preacher putting his own murderous slant on what's written in the quran, these same fundamentalist christians and far right shock jocks would be screaming against hate speech - and I'd totally agree . Folau is so stupid he cant even see he's being used big time.

Interesting it is being covered by their Crime Reporter, I assume that is because they are reporting on that criminal organisation know as RA

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Castle is already under the bus. She may lose her job over this.
    Do you have a link to go with that or just wishful thinking?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash

I was chatting to someone at work regarding the Folau issue and said exactly that when they were claiming Folau has a right to free speech.

Imagine the rants from Alan Jones, Peta Credlin, Andrew Bolt, Chris Kenney, Mark Latham, you know most of the ghouls that frequent Sky News after dark if some Muslim quoted from the Quran that Australian's are infidels etc etc.

vCash

Can you point me to the part of the article where they touch of this please because it reads like all the other rubbish.

I dont see anything about the quote itself and how he personally added homosexuals into his facebook meme in the article.

But you are correct, and based on my earlier post which you seem to be almost quoting that Israel personnaly added in homosexuals to that list. I pointed that out a few weeks to a month back and havent seen anything written about it in any of the articles..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckwit
    "...I’ll continue to stand up for the freedom of all Australians....”
    Ermmm....you're not standing up for anyone's "freedom", and certainly not "all Australians" because you've dissed half thevfucking country you fuckwit

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Do you have a link to go with that or just wishful thinking?
    It is pretty clear and patently obvious that the RA will lose regardless. Raelene has been copping the heat left, right and centre. Uncle Cam hasn’t been sighted since the annual report was released in April.

Her position will become untenable like Pulver’s was. She can’t make an executive decision as CEO. Pulver wanted to bin Beale but it was left out of his hands. Pulver was left out of the meeting with Twiggy where the 50 mill was turned down. Sidelined by Uncle Cam in press conferences and relying on second hand information in front of the Senate Inquiry.

Last edited by Bakkies; 28-06-19 at 23:33.

vCash
    Yup, if Folau gets any satisfaction from this, Castle is toast. Any form of apology, any reimbursement, toasted

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Folau is done and is going down in flames. Media finally highlighting his hypocrisy.

I laugh when people honestly think he will win this, he has dug a deep enough hole im surprised he hasnt been seen in China.

Finally media telling it how it is. Good on Sam Clench.

--------------------

Sam Clench: Israel Folau should deliver his own apology, not demand one from others
    JUNE 29, 20199:51am

NEWS1:51
    Religious freedom: What can and can't you say?
    In the wake of Israel Folau's controversial GoFundMe campaign, is it time for a Religious Discrimination Act in Australia?
    Sam Clenchnews.com.au
    COMMENT

“I’m hoping for an apology. I’d be happy with that,” Israel Folau told reporters outside the Fair Work Commission in Sydney yesterday.

What an infuriatingly ironic thing to say.

It is true that one apology could have fixed the mess between Folau and Rugby Australia. But that apology is long overdue — and Folau is still unwilling to deliver it.

He doesn’t even realise he owes one.

Of course, when Folau says he would be happy with an apology from Rugby Australia, that isn’t strictly true. He wants a lot more than that — to be reinstated as an exorbitantly paid footy star, or failing that, to receive a payout of $10 million.

RELATED: Folau and Rugby Australia fail to reach a deal

RELATED: What Australia really thinks about the Folau debate

RELATED: Five words that prove Folau is clueless

All I or anyone else really want from Folau, on the other hand, is an apology. We’d be happy with that. Genuine remorse would be nice, but I daresay we would settle for even the slightest hint of recognition that his words were hurtful.

And that is the fundamental problem here. Folau honestly does not believe he said anything hateful. In fact, he thinks the exact opposite.

“It’s something that I’m trying to share in love, and that’s the way I look at it in terms of sharing the Bible and the passages with my fellow men each day,” Folau said in an interview on Thursday night, referring to his repeated declarations that gay people are destined for hell.

Israel Folau leaving the Fair Work Commission. Picture: Getty/Mark Metcalfe
    Israel Folau leaving the Fair Work Commission. Picture: Getty/Mark MetcalfeSource:Getty Images

Despite all its qualities, and everything positive it contributes to society, religion still has a nasty habit of spreading hate and calling it love.

That’s an awkward problem to talk about. I feel awkward typing this right now, because I know from experience how wonderful and compassionate people of faith can be. But what the heck, this needs to be said.

When you tell someone the god you worship will send them to hell, it is not a loving sentiment. You are implicitly telling that person you believe they deserve to suffer for eternity unless they repent.

It has been put to me frequently over the last week that Folau also condemned drunks, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters.

“The adulterers aren’t offended!” the argument goes. How come there’s one standard for insulting them and another for insulting gay people?

You know what sets everything on that list apart from homosexuality? Every single one is a choice. You can choose not to drink, not to steal, not to have sex before marriage.

Being gay is not a choice.

We are talking about the difference between judging someone for how they behave and judging them for how they were born.

I’m at least three of the things on Folau’s list. If I wanted to avoid hell, I could quite easily repent my constant drunkenness and never touch a drop of booze again.

When you tell someone to repent for being gay, it isn’t that simple. Their sexuality is not something they can control; it’s part of who they are. You’d have as much success asking someone to change the colour of their skin.

That is why Folau’s words were so damaging, regardless of his intention. That is why he was sacked for anti-gay comments, not anti-atheist. It’s a deeper level of prejudice, and Australia’s football codes have done the right thing in trying to stamp it out of their ranks in recent years.

Folau was the face of one of those codes. As the most talented and popular player in Australian rugby, he had a responsibility to the sport and its supporters.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of a young, gay rugby fan. Let’s say 15 years old. You’re already confused about your sexuality and terrified of what your family and friends might think. Then you read a post from your idol, telling you there’s something so fundamentally wrong with you that you deserve to go to hell.

I don’t know about you, but my head was messed up enough as a teenager without adding any of that incalculable stress to the equation.

So is it any wonder young LGBTQ people are five times more likely than their straight peers to attempt suicide?

Yes, I know you’ve heard that statistic before, and no, I’m not going to stop repeating it, because it matters far more than a rugby player’s desire to quote the Bible’s less savoury passages on Instagram.

Israel Folau. Picture: Getty/Mark Metcalfe
    Israel Folau. Picture: Getty/Mark MetcalfeSource:Getty Images

The part that saddens me is that Folau has heard the massive public outcry over his comments without actually listening to any of it. There has been no self-reflection; no sign that he cares enough to understand the damage his words might cause.

He still believes he is the victim here, and that he has nothing to apologise for.

“I can certainly see it from both sides. If I had a child who was a drug addict, I would still love my child without anything attached to that,” Folau said during that interview on Thursday night.

There he goes again. Comparing being gay to being a drug addict, without any idea how offensive that is or the faintest inclination to learn. And he cites it as evidence he can see the issue “from both sides”.

At its best, religion encourages us to show love and empathy for one another. At its worst, it can make us carelessly judgmental, often without even realising it.

Folau doesn’t realise it. Hopefully, one day, he will. Then he might consider offering an apology of his own

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Yup, if Folau gets any satisfaction from this, Castle is toast. Any form of apology, any reimbursement, toasted
    That’s where support from the Chairman needs to be public. Castle was at the hearing, no sign of Uncle Cam in the press photos.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast