Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Israel Folau has officially been given a code of conduct breach notice by Rugby Australia.
    Source: AAP
    Rugby Australia has officially issued Israel Folau a “high level” breach notice and the Wallabies star faces termination of his contract over his social media activity on April 10.
    The notice comes less than five days after the 30-year-old veteran of 73 Tests shared a meme that informed the masses that hell awaits “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters”.

Folau now has 48 hours to accept the sanction or have the matter referred to a Code of Conduct hearing.

“At its core, this is an issue of the responsibilities an employee owes to their employer and the commitments they make to their employer to abide by their employer’s policies and procedures and adhere to their employer’s values,” Rugby Australia said in a statement.

“Following the events of last year, Israel was warned formally and repeatedly about the expectations of him as player for the Wallabies and NSW Waratahs with regards to social media use and he has failed to meet those obligations. It was made clear to him that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action.

“All professional Rugby players in Australia are bound by the Code of Conduct and there is a process in place for any disciplinary matter. We appreciate that this particular matter will attract significant interest, but due process must be followed.”

More here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...9a4385ea53fbe3

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Appears they have retreated a little from their reported position where it was said they intended to dismiss him. The careful wording of..........

"he had been warned, formally and repeatedly".

"Folau had committed a ‘‘high level’’ breach of the players’ code of conduct warranting termination of his contract."

"due process must be followed"

Warnings and unfair dismissals. - Fair Work Ombudsman.

It's best practice to give employees warnings in writing before ending their employment. An employer doesn't have to give an employee 3 warnings, or even 1 warning but an employer should give the employee a chance to fix any performance issues.

I thought he might get another chance if he made a sincere public apology. Since then he seems to have upped the anti and is completely unapologetic.

In any event, since when has the decent thing, let alone the Christian way, been to intentionally hurt people with hate speech? No matter what you think of their lifestyle. Good riddance.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Appears they have retreated a little from their reported position where it was said they intended to dismiss him. The careful wording of..........

"he had been warned, formally and repeatedly".

"Folau had committed a ‘‘high level’’ breach of the players’ code of conduct warranting termination of his contract."

"due process must be followed"

Warnings and unfair dismissals. - Fair Work Ombudsman.

It's best practice to give employees warnings in writing before ending their employment. An employer doesn't have to give an employee 3 warnings, or even 1 warning but an employer should give the employee a chance to fix any performance issues.

I thought he might get another chance if he made a sincere public apology. Since then he seems to have upped the anti and is completely unapologetic.

In any event, since when has the decent thing, let alone the Christian way, been to intentionally hurt people with hate speech? No matter what you think of their lifestyle. Good riddance.
    let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....................

i tried to use this at a public stoning when travelling the middle east with my family many years ago.
    didn't work, all of a sudden thump, a huge stone flew past me.
    i said " mother, sometimes i just fucking give up"

cider my arse

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....................

i tried to use this at a public stoning when travelling the middle east with my family many years ago.
    didn't work, all of a sudden thump, a huge stone flew past me.
    i said " mother, sometimes i just fucking give up"
    you've been watching far too much Monty Python

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post

When I get to that stage I turn off the TV - and listen to "Another Monty Python Record". It's a very nice record. In fact it's a very, very nice record. That's why I like it, because it's very, very nice.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    When I get to that stage I turn off the TV - and listen to "Another Monty Python Record". It's a very nice record. In fact it's a very, very nice record. That's why I like it, because it's very, very nice.
    Shasta, I am thoroughly sick and bored of this story. This is a rugby site, not a religious or philosophical site . Lets move on and talk about rugby or at least rugby politics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Shasta, I am thoroughly sick and bored of this story. This is a rugby site, not a religious or philosophical site . Lets move on and talk about rugby or at least rugby politics.
    Israel Folau is was a Wallaby. Its all over the news. This thread is titled referring to the story. If you are bored don't read it. In any event don't post in a thread your not interested in and tell me what to say or think or you might get told to go join all the drunks, fornicators etc. HTH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    arf, forgot that sketch.
    but here it is, just insert RA identities into the sketch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe9msExUK8

TBH nothings changed much over the last 2000 years

cider my arse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    You don't have to come into this thread.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You are just a naughty boy Shasta!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    You are just a naughty boy Shasta!
    Jeebers, I didn't expect the Spanish inq......ah forget it!

Not making any religion comments anymore.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Damn Shasta - I can't believe that you made Israel Folau make all those comments then make all those news services write about it.

Exactly how influential are you??

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Not very. Gerry reckons I'm just a naughty boy.

vCash
    Rugby Australia bungled its contract negotiations with Israel Folau by failing to insert social media restraints, according to a report.

The Daily Telegraph says Folau, who inked a $4 million four-year deal last year, refused to have the additional clauses retrospectively inserted into the contract.

If this is so, it will place added pressure on RA CEO Raelene Castle, whose tenure has turned into a giant headache because of Folau’s inflammatory social media posts.

Today looms as D-Day for the much-maligned Wallabies star - he has until this afternoon to lodge notice that he will fight the termination of his RA contract.

RA believe they are still on safe ground, because they will argue the Wallaby star breached the standard player code of conduct by vilifying others because of their sexuality.

The Telegraph labelled the contract situation as a “bungle” which could leave RA facing action under workplace anti-discrimination requirements.

Folau’s latest social media outburst quoted Bible scripture saying hell awaited people such as gays and atheists.

Folau’s defence will be based around him being punished for expressing his religion’s beliefs. The report says the lack of social media clauses are central to his defence.

But he would appear to still be facing a major battle.

The NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (Section 49ZT) states: “It is unlawful for a person, by a public act, to incite hatred towards, serious contempt for, or severe ridicule of, a person or group of persons on the ground of the homosexuality of the person or members of the group”.

A spokeswoman for The Workplace Employment Lawyers said RA can argue that Folau breached his contract by going against legally correct direction RA gave him.

“‘Free speech’ in the workplace is qualified by employee’s obligations under their contract. In this case, it appears that Folau was told about RA’s policies and its expectations in relation to his conduct,” she said.

“Given the history, and as Folau is a public figure, RA is likely to have grounds for taking disciplinary action which may include termination of his contract.”

She added: “The NSW Anti-Discrimination Act protects against a ‘public act’ which amounts to vilification.

“We are not aware of any case law considering vilification in the context of argued religious expression in the workplace.

“However, recent cases show that vilification via social media is being considered by the courts.”

More here: https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...2183bac4bc7db1

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast