Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Don't you just love some of this corporate jibberish?
    Ferinstance not that long ago we had a "Personnel" Department, then we became "Human Resources" which I didn't like but got used to. Now we are becoming "Human Capital", which is (IMO) bloody offensive. Glad I'm retired.

Just remember Shasta at work we were all just a number

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

I liked the dude who's usually on NRL Tonite. "I'm 3 of them and done another 2". Interesting

Got to wonder if Izzy has had a big under the table offer & wants out. Surely he can't be that stupid otherwise. If Qantas bails they'd have to sack him. Then again Rat's Arse isn't known as Forth Fumble for no reSON.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I think that there is/are some very high up legal eagles that shares Izzy's beliefs and are willing to offer their services if his right to free speech is not upheld, regardless of the terms of his deal with RA. A precedent will then be set.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I think that there is/are some very high up legal eagles that shares Izzy's beliefs and are willing to offer their services if his right to free speech is not upheld, regardless of the terms of his deal with RA. A precedent will then be set.
    I doubt free speech applies to employees of a company or organisation.

vCash
    Note point 1.3

vCash
    I look forward to Qantas taking the moral high ground despite their continuing alliance with Qatar Airways and Emirates.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 12-04-19 at 09:26. Reason: Wrong Airline

vCash
    Go fund me page setup incase Folau losea his job. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Although I'm sure some legal eagles will argue, sacking Folau wouldn't impinge on his right to free speech. But your contract can stipulate that you do not do anything contrary to the company's code of conduct (see Spartan's post of the RA CoC).

In fact, by sacking him, RA are saying that he's no longer under contract, so can't be held to their CoC; so it could free up Folau to post anything he cares about. Sacking Folau would give him more freedom of speech!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Contract terminated. I think he wanted out as it’s says in statement he couldn’t be contacted!!

vCash
    Rugby Australia are set to sack Israel Folau following his social media posts on Wednesday night, leaving the Wallabies’ preparations ahead of the World Cup in chaos.
    The governing body failed to make contact with Folau over the past 24 hours leaving Rugby Australia with no choice but to sack their super star fullback.

“Rugby Australia and the New South Wales Rugby Union have made repeated attempts to contact Israel both directly and via his representatives since 6.30pm on Wednesday, and at this point he has failed to communicate directly with either organisation,” the statement read.

“Whilst Israel is entitled to his religious beliefs, the way in which he has expressed these beliefs is inconsistent with the values of the sport. We want to make it clear that he does not speak for the game with his recent social media posts.

“Israel has failed to understand that the expectation of him as a Rugby Australia and NSW Waratahs employee is that he cannot share material on social media that condemns, vilifies or discriminates against people on the basis of their sexuality.

“Rugby is a sport that continuously works to unite people. We want everyone to feel safe and welcome in our game and no vilification based on race, gender, religion or sexuality is acceptable and no language that isolates, divides or insults people based on any of those factors can be tolerated.

“As a code we have made it clear to Israel formally and repeatedly that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action.

“In the absence of compelling mitigating factors, it is our intention to terminate his contract.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...8540362c75e89b

vCash
    Good riddence to bad rubbish!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I look forward to Qantas taking the moral high ground despite their continuing alliance with Qatar Airways and Royal Jordanian Airways.
    Its not a moral issue for Qantas it's a commercial one. Falau fails to meet community standards and Qantas don't want their logo on him in the news

vCash
    Excellent news. Good riddance to that filth. If I was him I would be devasted to not have made it to the World cup in Japan. 4 years of nothingness after being beaten and humiliated by almost every nation for 4 consecutive years. He could probably sense the Wallabies failing in the pool stages and got out now before his reputation is tainted by being in the worst Wallaby team of all time. RA actually do something right for a change...

vCash
    Well that sucks, the back three of the wallabies just got 10 percent faster and 60 percent less likely to die with the ball

C'mon the

vCash
    Now they can give someone a chance on merit not on what the FURA have wasted on them!

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast