Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    To make make RA piss more money up the wall on lawyers etc.
    I'm not a fan of RA, but this is shit for everyone and RA losing mega $$ would be super shit.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I'm not a fan of RA, but this is shit for everyone and RA losing mega $$ would be super shit.
    I think RA going broke will be great, it will force the board to change or possibly a government intervention similar to soccer in 2004. It will probably be shit short term but it may secure the code in the long term.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Fox just reported Izzy intends going to High Court for religious persecution if sacked as suspected ... whenever the 48-72 hours is up. They state RA have ALREADY spent $350k on legal fees, and it will be multiple millions if the case lasts 18 months as expected

He now says the $1m severance offer was "made by Satan"

Honestly, this guy has now lost all sympathy and credibility, a religious nut job blind to his hypocrisy and lies. How the incompetent RA and Castle in 0artic7lar ever re-signed him after the previous episode is beyond me.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I think RA going broke will be great, it will force the board to change or possibly a government intervention similar to soccer in 2004. It will probably be shit short term but it may secure the code in the long term.
    Yeah true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Fox just reported Izzy intends going to High Court for religious persecution if sacked as suspected ... whenever the 48-72 hours is up. They state RA have ALREADY spent $350k on legal fees, and it will be multiple millions if the case lasts 18 months as expected

He now says the $1m severance offer was "made by Satan"

Honestly, this guy has now lost all sympathy and credibility, a religious nut job blind to his hypocrisy and lies. How the incompetent RA and Castle in 0artic7lar ever re-signed him after the previous episode is beyond me.
    And here we are in Global Rapid Rugby bending to the demands from the religious PI community when determining fixture days and times for Western Force games in WA.

I think its clear, religion and rugby do not mix.

vCash
    Raelene Castle to make an announcement at 3pm today, 1pm Perth time.

vCash
    Let's see just how badly they screw this one up.

"Izzy is not the Messiah, he's just a naughty boy. RA have decided not to stone him, rather rehabilitate him by selecting him in the Wallabies where Cheika will council him on gracious behaviour in public.. We feel it's in his best interests to score tries at the RWC safe in the bosom of his closet gay team mates"

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Terminated - source watching Raelene Castle on Fox Sports News

vCash
    Izzy won't win.
    His religious freedoms don't trump discrimination.
    This has been proved in Aus courts time and again.
    There is no provision for freedom of speech in Aus law (it's not in our Constitution and it allows the government to censor things like hate speech)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Izzy won't win.
    His religious freedoms don't trump discrimination.
    This has been proved in Aus courts time and again.
    There is no provision for freedom of speech in Aus law (it's not in our Constitution and it allows the government to censor things like hate speech)
    HE won't have to win.

If he's been clever with his money he'll be able to bankrupt RA by keeping the fight going until they're belly up.

If they're smart they'll offer him another payout so he doesn't bury them in legal fees!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think he will win...not on freedom of speech, but on the fact that Raelene and Cheika said he would be sacked/not selected before even the referral to the so called Integrity Unit and Code of Conduct hearing...due process denied...thank you your honour...$4m please.

vCash
    I reckon he has a debilitating injury not covered by insurance, that is creeping up towards ending his career so tried to top up his Super with the $4m contract ... Elvis told me.

"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

vCash
    Outspoken radio host and former Wallabies coach Alan Jones went for the jugular on Friday, insisting Rugby Australia will “fall on its sword” in the fallout to the Folau case.

The 78-year-old tore into the organisation live on 2GB this afternoon, saying it wasn’t a surprise the decision to sack Folau was made.

“There’s no surprise here...you’re dealing with incompetent people ... and incompetent people always behave incompetently,” he said.

“They’ve destroyed his employment and internationally destroyed his name for quoting a passage from the bible for God’s sake.

“He hasn’t slaughtered anyone, he hasn’t insulted anyone and he hasn’t even tried to push this stuff down anyone’s throat.”

Jones has been a regular participant in the Folau storm, defending the 30-year-old’s right to express his views on social media without fear of being sacked.

“The issues of freedom of speech and to express one’s religious views must win out and Rugby Australia must show leadership and common sense to celebrate these cornerstones of Australian society,” Jones wrote in a column for The Australian ahead of Castle’s announcement. “While Rugby Australia operates in denial of these freedoms, the situation gets more costly and damaging to individuals and the game.

“If, as a nation, we want freedom of speech, then the corollary is that people will be offended.”
    https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...88486de223ffee

vCash
    And he is gone..

Israel Folau sacked over controversial Instagram post

MAY 17, 2019

Israel Folau’s contract has been torn up by Rugby Australia following a drawn-out code of conduct hearing that reached a dramatic conclusion this afternoon.

Rugby Australia (RA) chief executive Raelene Castle confirmed the verdict at RA headquarters in St Leonards, Sydney, saying an independent three-person panel ruled Folau’s four-year contract, reportedly worth $4 million, should be terminated.

The panel of John West QC, Kate Eastman SC and John Boultbee SC determined that Folau’s controversial Instagram post last month constituted a high-level breach of the RA code of conduct.

Castle said Folau’s actions left the game with no other option but to terminate his contract.

“We want to stress that this outcome is a painful situation for the game,” Castle said.

“Rugby Australia did not choose to be in this situation, but Rugby Australia’s position remains that Israel, through his actions, left us with no choice but to pursue this course of action.

“This has been an extremely challenging period for rugby and this situation has created an unwanted distraction in an important year for the sport and for the Wallabies.

“Our clear message to all rugby fans today is that we need to stand by our values.”

Rugby Australia released a statement during Castle’s press conference, in which the CEO declared the panel’s decision “will change the landscape for sport in Australia and possibly across the world”.

Folau’s contract terminated

“While NSWRU is disappointed to lose a player of Israel’s calibre, rugby has a Code of Conduct and values that we must adhere to ensure that our game remains a game for all, no matter people’s background or beliefs.”

Here’s the statement in full: pic.twitter.com/fQnHlG8zDE

— Ruth Wynn-Williams (@RuthWW) May 17, 2019
    The Rugby Union Players Association also released a statement to announce it will not be making any public comment until after Folau announces if he intends to appeal the verdict or not.

Castle confirmed she had not spoken to Folau directly to deliver the news that leaves the superstar’s career on the brink.

The Waratahs fullback has 72 hours to appeal the ruling with a different three-member RA panel, however, the 30-year-old is reportedly determined to take the dispute directly to the Supreme Court, such is his conviction that he is being wrongly persecuted for expressing his religious beliefs.

Further legal action would reportedly be a disastrous result for RA with the same report claiming the code has already spent more than $350,000 in legal fees — and it could just be the start.

A report from The Daily Telegraph claimed “rugby will burn” while Folau pursues his legal options through the courts.

It was reported earlier this week that the panel had come to a unanimous decision that Folau’s high-level breach warranted the termination of his deal.

The decision leaves Folau a free agent available to play for any code and league of his choice. Widespread reports, however, claim the former NRL and AFL star is likely to be forced overseas if he wants to continue playing rugby. With wife Maria Folau already moving to Adelaide to continue her professional netballing career, Israel Folau is reportedly a strong chance to end his career on the spot, rather than play internationally.

The Wallabies star was stood down by Rugby Australia in April after he posted an image on Instagram, saying “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists idolaters” were going to hell.

Those that are living in Sin will end up in Hell unless you repent. Jesus Christ loves you and is giving you time to turn away from your sin and come to him. _______________ Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these , adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19*-‬21 KJV _______________ Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38 KJV _______________ And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Acts 17:30 KJV _______________

A post shared by Israel Folau (@izzyfolau) on Apr 10, 2019 at 1:18am PDT

The contract termination verdict means Rugby Australia will not have to a pay a further cent of his rich deal.

The governing body earlier this month reportedly offered Folau a settlement payment of $1 million – but that figure has been denied by RA.

Folau on Sunday revealed how he resisted the “temptation” of a peace offering from Rugby Australia that would have allowed him to resurrect his playing career.

The Wallabies star described his fallout with the governing body as “challenging” and spoke of being tempted by the “opportunity” to rekindle his career with the NSW Waratahs and Wallabies during a Sydney church address.

“Potentially I could get terminated, which means that there’s no more playing contract and therefore no more finances or money coming in,” Folau said from the lectern.

“It would be the first time it has happened to me in my life.

“All the materialistic things I have been able to have over the last number of years are slowly being taken away from me.

“It’s been really challenging but also it’s been encouraging to myself to see what my God is actually doing.”

He said the rich peace offering from RA was “Satan’s work”.

“The way Satan works is he offers you stuff that could look good to the eye and makes you feel comfortable, and if you follow that path all the worries and troubles will go away,” he said

“(But) it is always the will of God that comes first.” The panel deciding Folau’s fate is considering written submissions from both the player’s legal team and Rugby Australia before handing down their verdict. Both parties then have a right of appeal, meaning the most divisive matter in Australia could drag on for weeks and months yet.

With AAP

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    ... Elvis told me.
    Now I'm going to call you out on this one.

You could not possibly have heard from Elvis.
    He is on a moon orbiting a planet of silicon based life forms in another galaxy which is in a parallel universe, and can only be contacted via an inter-galactic worm-hole which opens approximately once every Jupiter year and then for only a few microseconds.

Besides which, I have it on good authority that these days Elvis only speaks an ancient dialect of Swahili.

I have also heard that there is no truth to the rumour that Elvis (or his ghost) has been approached about taking up a board position with the Hawaii Rugby Union.

Last edited by FingerTips; 17-05-19 at 15:15.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast