Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I wouldn't call climate change the latest social judtice issue. I'd call it common f$%#ing sense. It's also not a new issue. Whether you think it's true or not is irrelevant. Fossil fuels are a finite resource. Why cling on to something that will run out in place of embracing something more sustainable.
    Common sense for those making money out of it like Alex Turnbull. As for fossil fuels there is another 100 plus years worth of fuel being dug up right now.

Agreed Shasta, the RA now have a PR firm dealing with Folau. Going badly so far.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Dickhead is at it again...

Israel Folau targets gays, transgender children in church sermon

JUNE 16, 2019
    Embattled former rugby star Israel Folau intensified his attack on homosexuals and criticised youths undergoing gender treatment during a sermon at his Sydney church on Sunday.

Folau claimed homosexuality and gender fluidity is what the “devil is trying to instil in the world”.

It comes just a few weeks after Rugby Australia ripped up his $5 million contract over a social media post in which he referenced the Bible to tell homosexuals that “hell awaits”.

Israel Folau delivering his sermon on Sunday.

Speaking at The Truth of Jesus Christ Church in Kenthurst, in northwest Sydney, the 30-year-old spoke about an event he recently attended in Melbourne, where a person in parliament spoke about the gender fluidity legislation, among other issues, that was being debated.

“He spoke about nine points, one of the points … he is talking about the work of the sin, homosexuality, is in disguise to try and take over within this world,” he said.

“You see in today’s youths and everything, they are allowing young kids in primary school to be able to have the permission to change their gender if they want by taking away the permission of their parents. Now they are trying to take control as a government to make those decisions for young kids who are basically 16 years old or younger, they don’t even know what they are doing.

“This is what the devil is trying to do, to instil into the government, into this world, into society, and it is slowly happening. The sad thing is why a lot of people out there that are non-Christians say bad things about the church, is because a lot of the churches allow those things to happen.

“They say that a man and a man should be able to be married and there is nothing wrong with it. This buys into the theme of pleasing man rather than pleasing God and standing up for the truth.”

Israel Folau delivering his sermon on Sunday.

Appearing before the congregation at his father’s church, Folau also levelled criticism at the structure of modern-day Westernised churches. He told worshippers that officials of such churches were in the job for the wrong reasons.

“You see the modern day, the westernised church today, a lot of the pastors and the leaders within that church they do things to please whoever is the head pastor,” the former Wallaby said.

“They do things to climb the ladder. That’s what they do, because they are scared of what he thinks, or what the congregation thinks or what anyone thinks, rather than what is pleasing to God.”

Folau was presented with a book from the Australian Christian Lobby last week containing the names of 46,000 people who had signed a #IStandWithIzzy petition after his unceremonious sacking by Rugby Australia. During his 20-minute address Folau spoke about how his faith had created awkward moments with ex-colleagues.

“True believers in Christ, are we going to follow through and profess him wherever we go,” he said.

“Whether … through our actions or by our mouth.

Israel Folau as a Wallaby. Picture: AAP Image/Dave Hunt

Are we too scared because we might be cast out by our workplace or cast out of somewhere because we’re not liked or loved by those around us and don’t believe the same thing we do?

“You might be the only born-again Christian in that workplace, you might feel a bit awkward with your co-workers because they are in the world and you’re not.

We should feel blessed … because God has called us.”

Since being stood down Folau’s former Waratahs teammates have said his controversial social media posts derailed their season.

“It’s something that’s distracted us from our goal,” halfback Nick Phipps said.

Israel Folau with his wife Maria Folau. Picture: Hollie Adams/The Australian

Folau has lodged a legal challenge over his sacking from rugby, citing the Fair Work Act, which says it is “unlawful to terminate employment on the basis of religion”. He is seeking millions in damages, and he and Rugby Australia have been ordered by the Fair Work Commission to sit down to try and resolve their dispute.

Fair Work Commission vice-president Adam Hatcher ruled the case be set down for conciliation on June 28. Both parties will now have to come together to resolve the matter or it will proceed to a hearing.

Martyn Iles of the Australian Christian lobby presented Israel Folau with petition holding 46k names that signed the #IStandWithIzzy petition. Picture: Instagram

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You wont be offended if you ignore it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    You wont be offended if you ignore it.
    In this day and age people go out of their way to get offended.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    This has got squat to do with rugby ..... I’d put jack squat but some might be offended.

vCash
    You dont have to be offended to think he is a dickhead!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-...fight/11233698

"Israel Folau launches $3 million crowdfunding campaign to pay for legal fight over contract

The Israel Folau saga has taken another twist, with the former Wallaby star launching a crowdfunding campaign to raise $3 million to fight Rugby Australia (RA) over the termination of his contract.

Key points:

Israel Folau's rugby career was ended after he posted on social media that homosexuals, among others, would go to hell unless they repented Folau is seeking "substantial remedies from his former employers" after having his contract ripped up. Folau warned potential donors on a crowdfunding page that there was "every chance" his case could take years and end up in the High Court

Folau's contract was ripped up by an independent panel last month for a high-level breach of the Professional Players' Code of Conduct over his controversial social media posts. Folau, a staunch Christian, posted on Instagram in April that homosexuals, among others, would go to hell unless they repented. Earlier this month he announced he had launched legal proceedings with the Fair Work Commission against RA and NSW Rugby for breach of contract.

The 30-year-old recently appointed a legal team comprised of high-profile employment lawyers, including barrister George Haros and barrister Stuart Wood AM QC. A statement from his lawyers said Folau was seeking "substantial remedies from his former employers should they be found to have breached the Fair Work Act in terminating his employment".

A GoFundMe page for the 73-times-capped Wallaby player was created this week and as of 8:00am AEST on Friday it had raised $40,000 of a target of $3 million.

His statement on the page said that he would be "forever grateful" for having the honour and privilege of playing for Australia."

etc.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    $40,000? How dumb can people get?!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Izzy’s sense of entitlement knows no bounds.

vCash
    Bahahhahah giving a millionaire homophobe money so he can fight the consequences of his homophobe actions is downright hillarious.

I hope he loses and everyone who donated loses their hard earned money.

I bet a bunch of religious zealots donated

vCash
    I bet Alan Jones has given him some the $40k raised thus far.

vCash
    israel Folau has given his first interview since being sacked by Rugby Australia — on the same day he launched a public plea for $3 million to fight his upcoming employment termination case in the Supreme Court.

Folau’s decision to launch a GoFundMe campaign to help pay for his legal fees on Friday morning coincided with his appearance on Alan Jones’ 2GB Morning Show where he made a series of dramatic declarations about his termination.

The former Wallabies star was sacked for a homophobic social media post earlier this year

and had his $5 million contract torn up after being found guilty of a code of conduct breach.

Folau’s biggest claim in the interview is that his legal pursuit of Rugby Australia is not being motivated by money in any way — and he is being driven purely by the principles of his Christian faith.

“It’s been a tough few months for myself and my wife Maria and my family,” he said.

“A lot of this stuff doesn’t make any sense, you know. It’s been a little bit inconsistent. It’s been tough.

“My principles and my faith is what’s been driving me from the get go.

“The goal for me is to stand up and to stand up for the word of god. That’s what’s most important to me.”

He maintains that Rugby Australia never excluded him from expressing his faith on social media — as long as he did it in a respectful way.

He says quoting the passage of the bible that he did was still respectful to the people targeted, which included “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters”.

“When I share things from the bible it comes from a place of love and wanting people to understand that I’m not speaking to them personally,” Folau said on Friday.

“There’s things that the bible might go against, things that people are doing, but from my perspective, I’m all about doing that from a place of love and believing in the bible that if people have an opportunity to hear that so that if they do choose to repent and turn away from that then they have an opportunity to be in heaven one day, which is what I long for people to do.”

The former NRL and AFL star said earlier he has already spent more than $100,000 of his own money in fees which are expected to rise to millions of dollars.

Having taken his termination case to the Fair Work Commission, Folau will meet with Rugby Australia officials next week to further discuss a possible resolution that would stop the matter heading to court.

The 30-year-old also said he was “shocked” after hearing two particular public comments from star teammates Bernard Foley and Nick Phipps.

Phipps two weeks ago said there were a lot of players in the Waratahs’ dressing room “extremely disappointed” with Folau. He claimed Folau’s saga “distracted” the team and threw them of the rails this Super Rugby season.

Foley said in April, Folau had “hurt the team” by putting his interests ahead of the entire playing group.

Folau finally got his chance to respond to the backlash on Friday, suggesting his teammates may have simply said what they were told to by rugby officials.

“It’s quite a shock, whether or not that was really what they meant, I don’t take any of those things personal,” Folau told 2GB.

“To me, I have no harsh feelings towards them.

“When I first heard it was a bit of a shock, but I have no harsh words towards them.”

“I believe the termination of my contract is unlawful, which is why I have started legal proceedings against Rugby Australia and Rugby NSW,” Folau, who also posted a video on his own website, said on the GoFundMe website.

“In response, Rugby Australia have already said that they will ‘divert significant resources’ to fight me in court.

“Even if I win, Rugby Australia can appeal. There is every chance that a prominent test case like this could take years and eventually end up in the High Court of Australia.

“My wife Maria and I have already spent over $100,000 of our own money and that was just to try and deal with Rugby Australia’s internal tribunal processes. The money I am asking for is solely to fund the rest of my action in court.

“I know I am putting myself on the line — this action will be very costly in terms of time, money and reputation — but I do not intend to stop now.

“I would be very grateful for your support.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...c66cd2720fe016

vCash
    The go fund me for Israel Folau is now $218,947

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    ‘Outrageous’: Qantas boss Alan Joyce responds to explosive Folau allegation

FOX SPORTS
    June 20, 2019 7:01PM

Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce says claims he was responsible for ordering Israel Folau’s sacking are “outrageous” while comparing the saga to cricket’s ball tampering brouhaha.

Speaking at a media conference on Thursday, Joyce reiterated that the airline was supportive of Rugby Australia’s decision to tear up Folau’s contract.

But he shot down the accusation from former Wallabies coach Alan Jones — and others — that the team’s major sponsor was actively involved in the employment dispute and subsequent contract termination.

“We sponsor organisations and sports teams to get a positive benefit out of it,” Joyce told reporters.

“When it becomes controversial, we, of course, want the sporting code to fix those issues.

“Israel’s comments were terrible for a large element of the community, a vulnerable element of the community.

“We felt that was causing controversy for our sponsorship and as a consequence, we asked Rugby Australia ‘what are you doing to make sure we’re not involved in controversy?’”

“It is their issue to resolve, they have put a solution in place, they’re working through that and we’re very supportive of what they’re doing.

“The same was true of Cricket Australia with the ball tampering, we said ‘that was not good.’ “Some sponsors pulled out, we didn’t.

“We gave them time to fix it, and they fixed it.

“We’re still a sponsor and continue to be a sponsor because they did the right thing.”

Joyce also joked that Jones was welcome to continue flying with Qantas.

“We don’t discriminate against anybody — other people may, but we don’t,” he laughed.

“Even Alan Jones is welcome to get Lifetime Platinum Status if he gets there.”

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...f0faf871ca06b3

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Multimillionaire contact sport player Israel Folau has today unveiled plans to raise a $3 million target to help cover his $150,000 to fight Rugby Australia over the termination of his contract.

After playing both NRL and AFL professional, Folau’s rugby union contract was discontinued in April over his controversial social media posts in which he posted that homosexuals, among others, would go to hell unless they repented.

Folau, a staunch Pentecostal Christian who converted from the Mormon church around about the time where most young men would have to sacrifice a year to go on missionary service, has today taken part in the age old Christian tradition of crowd-funding his own salary.

While usually a collection plate is used in this scenario, Izzy’s chosen denomination, the Assemblies Of God, now use a portable eft-pos machine to raise the money to pay their church figures to talk shit.

However, considering all of Folau’s money will eventually go back to the church, he’s decided to use an online crowd-funding platform to ask the greater population to chip in.

Earlier this month he announced he had launched legal proceedings with the Fair Work Commission against RA and NSW Rugby for breach of contract.

Folau, who was well-known for not acting like a Christian in Fortitude Valley during his time at the Brisbane Broncos has appointed a legal team comprised of high-profile employment lawyers, including barrister George Haros and barrister Stuart Wood AM QC.

In response to this most recent the Greater Western Sydney Giants fans have announced plans to crowd-fund the 4.2 million dollars he stole from their club to allegedly play AFL for three years.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/brea...is-own-salary/

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast