Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hearing set down for International Western Force Appreciation Day...results within 48 to 72

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Jimmydubs or Folau’s?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    ..pic of religious fundamentalist holding balls of man with play hard t-shirt covering chest..
    Oh wow.. I actually went and googled that. The Star Observer is a gay mag that's been supporting and reporting to the LGB (+many other letters) community since the late 1970s.
    ..and yes, this pic is not an internet photoshop edit.

Mr Fall-oww must have known this at the time. I'm really starting to wonder if all this tweet-magic is him covering up is closeted sexuality?

Cumon Izzzy. You may not be as cute as A-coops? But I recon you'd do ok waving a banner down Flinders st?

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    Oh wow.. I actually went and googled that. The Star Observer is a gay mag that's been supporting and reporting to the LGB (+many other letters) community since the late 1970s.
    ..and yes, this pic is not an internet photoshop edit.

Mr Fall-oww must have known this at the time. I'm really starting to wonder if all this tweet-magic is him covering up is closeted sexuality?

Cumon Izzzy. You may not be as cute as A-coops? But I recon you'd do ok waving a banner down Flinders st?
    Yep and most people here seem to have missed that. So Folau starred on the cover of a gay mag, I suspose the things people will do for $$

Hypocrite anyone?

vCash
    I'm not sure money was involved here?
    I think he was just promoting the Bingham Cup (a gay rugby tournament).
    Congratulations to current holders who travelled to Holland last year and won it.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/rugby-star-claims-all-pacific-island-players-might-as-well-be-sacked-in-response-to-israel-folau-saga/news-story/5d3d727bd52e7f4b782c02bf51b7a935

Rugby Australia is facing a potential Polynesian player mutiny after one of the Wallabies’ most exciting prospects claimed all Pacific Islanders “might as well just be sacked” because of their religious beliefs.

In an explosive development days out from Israel Folau’s attempt to save his multimillion-dollar career at an RA code of conduct hearing, Queensland Reds and Wallabies hooker Taniela Tupou took to Facebook to express his support for the under-fire superstar.

“Seriously ?????????? Might as well sack me and all the other Pacific Islands rugby players around the world because we have the same Christian beliefs ??????,” Tupou posted late on Tuesday night.

“I will never apologise for my faith and what i believe in, religion had nothing to do with rugby anyways ???????? #TYJ.”

Tupou, also known as “Tongan Thor”, attached a link to an earlier post from fellow Wallabies teammate and Reds captain Samu Kerevi, who responded after taking to Instagram at Easter thanking “Jesus for dying on the cross for me. I love you Jesus#”.

“I appreciate the kind words from everyone,” Kerevi posted. “But to be clear I’m not apologising for my faith in Jesus Christ my saviour.

“God will always come first in my life and many other professional rugby players.

“Today, I felt things were taken out of context in regards to certain articles. I do not feel obliged to apologise to people because of the situation happening right now with a brother of mine.”

Tupou’s sensational “sack me or back Folau” ultimatum is sure to turn the heat up on Rugby Australia, who issued Folau with a breach of contract notice following his latest round of controversial posts.

The three-times John Eales Medallist had been previously warned by RA about his social media conduct and the governing body subsequently announced its intention to terminate his contract.

Folau has since been stood down by the NSW Waratahs after posting a Bible passage claiming hell awaits “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolators” unless they repent and turn to Jesus Christ.

Folau will front a three-person tribunal — comprising chair John West, RA’s representative Kate Eastman SC and the RUPA-appointed John Boultbee SC — on Saturday.

In a potentially huge concern for Wallabies coach Michael Cheika ahead of this year’s World Cup, a third of Australia’s last Test line-up of 2018 is Polynesian.

vCash
    But there's a pretty big difference between saying I'm a grateful believer in xyz gods.. ..and damning to hell everyone who does not think the same way as you.. My spirituality is pretty important to me, but i think like sex, it's a personal thing that should be talked about with the same care, respect and PRIVACY.

I live in a place that has so many churches you have to shuffle sideways between them to get to the bus stop in the morning. And as such i'm regularly badgered at my front door by people telling me I'm basically evil for not being a christian (disclaimer; though plenty are polite when i tell them I'm an atheist). But having someone come and call you a sinner who needs to be saved is really pretty rude.

"Hi, I don't know you but I do know you're bad"..

I really don't think most christians realise what a bullying culture there is in their faith. Let's face it, all those islands had their own spirituality and faith structure. What happened to that? Bullied out of it by christian missionaries who'd not share the advantages of the west with them unless they got on board with the christian god. I don't recall any of them sending Europe a memo saying "Our faith sux, come over and give us a go at yours"..

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    But there's a pretty big difference between saying I'm a grateful believer in xyz gods.. ..and damning to hell everyone who does not think the same way as you.. My spirituality is pretty important to me, but i think like sex, it's a personal thing that should be talked about with the same care, respect and PRIVACY.

I live in a place that has so many churches you have to shuffle sideways between them to get to the bus stop in the morning. And as such i'm regularly badgered at my front door by people telling me I'm basically evil for not being a christian (disclaimer; though plenty are polite when i tell them I'm an atheist). But having someone come and call you a sinner who needs to be saved is really pretty rude.

"Hi, I don't know you but I do know you're bad"..

I really don't think most christians realise what a bullying culture there is in their faith. Let's face it, all those islands had their own spirituality and faith structure. What happened to that? Bullied out of it by christian missionaries who'd not share the advantages of the west with them unless they got on board with the christian god. I don't recall any of them sending Europe a memo saying "Our faith sux, come over and give us a go at yours"..
    Religion should just stay out of rugby pure and simple. Bending to PI religious beliefs when fixturing GRR games is just one such example of religion dictating as usual.

vCash
    Religion should just stay out of rugby pure and simple. Bending to PI religious beliefs when fixturing GRR games is just one such example of religion dictating as usual.
    Religion should stay out of a lot of things but it doesn't.

I agree with you regarding fixturing. Fair enough if it's a game against a PI side, but to say that you can't fixture for example the Force vs Hong Kong on a Sunday afternoon is stupid.

vCash
    But half the Force and Honkers, and crowd, might be PI

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yep and most people here seem to have missed that. So Folau starred on the cover of a gay mag, I suspose the things people will do for $$

Hypocrite anyone?

You might find all players have to do promotional work for RA.
    Imagine if Gunns Timber or Adaini Coal became a sponsor? Would David Pocock tape over a jersey logo? Or indeed a Qantas/Emirates logo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    But half the Force and Honkers, and crowd, might be PI
    That would be for the players to weigh up before moving to those franchises

vCash
    Players dont want to play with Izzy anymore.

Claims some Wallabies will boycott tests if Israel Folau is cleared to play

MAY 02, 2019
    Wallabies players will considering boycotting tests if divisive superstar Israel Folau is allowed to play on, a report has claimed .

Folau goes before a three-person tribunal on Saturday, in an attempt to keep his A$4 million contract after dragging himself into another social media firestorm last month.

The Australian newspaper warns the outcome could be disastrous for the Wallabies if Folau wins.

Israel Folau could find himself an outcast among some of his Wallabies team mates, an Australian report claims.
    Israel Folau could find himself an outcast among some of his Wallabies team mates, an Australian report claims.
    Veteran Wallabies reporter Wayne Smith claims a number of Wallabies players are considering making themselves unavailable for selection if it means playing alongside Folau.

READ MORE:
    * 'Might as well sack me' - 'Tongan Thor' comes out in support of Israel Folau
    * Simmering tensions over Israel Folau
    * Israel Folau: How Wallabies star's anti-gay posts left his career hanging by a thread

"It has nothing to do with freedom of speech, freedom of religion or the rights of an employer to make demands of an employee in exchange for the money they pay him, which in Folau's case is $4 million over four years," the well-connected Smith wrote.

Veteran Wallabies halfback Will Genia has already questioned whether some players can play alongside Israel Folau any more.
    Veteran Wallabies halfback Will Genia has already questioned whether some players can play alongside Israel Folau any more.
    "Yet even they would recognise that he has broken the prime directive: he had placed himself before the team."

Wallabies captain Michael Hooper and stalwarts Bernard Foley and Will Genia, have all spoken out against Folau's controversial comments and views.

"There are blokes at the Wallabies and the Waratahs that have certain beliefs that very much conflict with what he has said and done," Genia said recently.

"I certainly think it makes it a bit uncomfortable for people within those team environments to relate to him and, moving forward, even to play with him."

The boycott claims hint at a divided dressing room for Wallabies coach Michael Cheika, a disaster in a World Cup year. Australia, finalists in 2015, have slipped to No 6 in the world and don't need distraction like this as they look for a quick-fix.

Cheika has already said he would find it hard to select Folau.

But the polarising nature of this situation has been further exposed in recent days.

Explosive prop Taniela Tupou showed his support for Folau, saying in a Facebook post: "Seriously ?????????? Might as well sack me and all the other Pacific Islands rugby players around the world because we have the same Christian beliefs ??????," Tupou posted late on Tuesday night.

"I will never apologise for my faith and what i believe in, religion had nothing to do with rugby anyways ???????? #TYJ"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    You might find all players have to do promotional work for RA.
    Imagine if Gunns Timber or Adaini Coal became a sponsor? Would David Pocock tape over a jersey logo? Or indeed a Qantas/Emirates logo?
    Is that the worst Photoshop job ever released on the Internet?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Is that the worst Photoshop job ever released on the Internet?
    Sadly it isnt photoshopped.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast