Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    It doesn't matter what you think of Folau's views, this will end up messy as all hell!

A good chance Rugby Australia will lose money no matter which way they play it!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Folau files Fair Work Commission dispute against Rugby Australia and Waratahs

Today at 1:31 PM International
    by Beth Newman

Israel Folau has launched legal action against Rugby Australia and the Waratahs after he had his four-year contract ended last month.
    Folau has filed a Fair Work Commission dispute against his former employers as he begins the fight against the termination of his multi-million dollar contract.

Under the Fair Work Act, Folau had 21 days to file an unfair dismissal claim, a time limit that was set to expire on Friday.
    Folau will sue Rugby Australia and the Waratahs under section 772 of that Fair Work Act, which says: "An employer must not terminate an employee's employment for one or more of the following reasons, or for reasons including one or more of the following reasons: "Race, colour, sex, sexual preference, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family or carer's responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin."

In a statement from his legal team, Folau said that he had received support from a number of Australians who "feel their fundamental rights are being steadily eroded."

"I will forever be grateful and proud to have played the sport I love for our nation," he said.

"Ours is an amazing country build on important principles, including freedom of religion. A nation made up of so many different faiths and cultural backgrounds will never be truly rich unless this freedom applies to all of us.

"The messages of support we have received over these difficult few weeks have made me realise there are many Australians who feel their fundamental rights are being steadily eroded.

"No Australian of any faith should be fired for practicing their religion."

The process is expected to progress into a Fair Work hearing, which would likely be a public hearing.

The news comes after Waratahs coach Daryl Gibson revealed on Thursday that younger brother John had been granted an immediate release from the Waratahs.

Folau's contract was terminated in May after a code of conduct panel deemed he was guilty of a high-level breach for a post suggesting homosexuals were destined for hell.

The star fullback opted against appealing that verdict, saying that he didn't believe he would have a fair hearing under the code of conduct process.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/0...ission-dispute

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Israel Folau will seek up to $10 million in damages from Rugby Australia in a lawsuit that looks to prove the termination of his Rugby Australia contract was “unlawful”.

In documents filed to the Fair Work Commission Folau seeks to have the May 20 sacking deemed unlawful as he pursues the $5 million value of his contract as well as other damages for lost opportunities.

Israel #Folau files Fair Work Commission dispute against Rugby Australia and the NSW Waratahs saying his employment was unlawfully terminated because of his religion.

It is understood that if Folau is successful those other damages could see all damages total approximately $10 millions — and that figure has in the past been reported as potentially being able to bankrupt Rugby Australia.

“The termination has cost Mr Folau the best years of his rugby career, participation at the Rugby World Cup, the chance to become the greatest Wallaby try-scorer (a decades-old record he was likely to break), and the associated exposure and opportunities,” Folau’s application stated.

“As well as around $5 million in lost salary, Mr Folau will claim in respect of the loss of these opportunities (renewal of contract, sponsorships, etc).

“The damages will be particularised in due course, but will be substantial. In addition, Mr Folau will seek civil penalties.”

In a statement, Folau said he felt his treatment by RA and the Waratahs had left him no choice but to stand up for his beliefs.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...dc5cd05b2e44c7

vCash
    Can Rugby Australia afford a $10 million payout if he wins? I assume the answer is a big NO.

Bleed them dry Izzy, bleed them dry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Can Rugby Australia afford a $10 million payout if he wins? I assume the answer is a big NO.

Bleed them dry Izzy, bleed them dry.
    He wont get 10mil. You get abput 1/3rd of your claim if you win, he is going for 10mil so he can hopefully pocket about 3mill in damages.

He wont get a dime anyways. Openly discriminating against people born a certain way and then using religion to hide behind wont be looked at favourably by the courts.

If he had eveeyone else in that list except homosexuals he would stand a chance as each of the things he listed are by choice, eg. Adulterers, liars, fornicators etc. However he targetted Homosexuals, he may as well have targetted a race whilst he was at it..

vCash
    Normally I'd agree with you but the Liberal Party have stacked the Fair Work Commission with their picks.

I still expect RA to win or settle out of court. Anything that hastens their impending financial doom is fine by me.

vCash
    Normally I'd agree with you but the Liberal Party have stacked the Fair Work Commission with their picks.

I still expect RA to win or settle out of court. Anything that hastens their impending financial doom is fine by me.
    The case isn’t that clear cut. The RA have already admitted that Qantas instructed them to sack Folau.

Folau didn’t target homosexuals, he was inclusive of everyone. No one can tell me that they haven’t committed one or more sins that are on Folau’s list that he is providing you with the opportunity to repent.

Hell pardon the pun I have committed at least four sins on his list.

If Folau wanted to be more inclusive accurate to describe the RA he should have put stupidity up on his list.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Folau set to seek $10 million in damages from Rugby Australia.

Israel Folau will seek up to $10 million in damages if his sacking is deemed unlawful in the Federal Court, the Herald has been told.

In documents filed with the Fair Work Commission on Thursday and obtained by the Herald, Folau will seek to have his May 20 sacking deemed unlawful. He will pursue damages including the value of his $5 million contract as well as the monetary value of other lost opportunities.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...06-p51v53.html

Send them broke Izzy!...

vCash
    I have been involved on the periphery of 3 or 4 unfair dismissal claims over the years under the old system and this one. The stacking Jargs refers to has made it harder than ever for employees to win not the opposite. On the few occasions the employee wins it is rare he/she is reinstated. Employers claim the relationship with the individual is irretrievably broken down and a money award is made. Usually with confidentiality clauses.
    My guess is that IF RA can prove he was warned and accepted that, whether in the contract or not Folau is toast.
    The talk has been that his QC's advice was to go direct to the high court. Maybe they are not that confident and are looking for a settlement.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I have been involved on the periphery of 3 or 4 unfair dismissal claims over the years under the old system and this one. The stacking Jargs refers to has made it harder than ever for employees to win not the opposite. On the few occasions the employee wins it is rare he/she is reinstated. Employers claim the relationship with the individual is irretrievably broken down and a money award is made. Usually with confidentiality clauses.
    My guess is that IF RA can prove he was warned and accepted that, whether in the contract or not Folau is toast.
    The talk has been that his QC's advice was to go direct to the high court. Maybe they are not that confident and are looking for a settlement.
    You're right but given they've been appointed by the Liberal Party I assume they're right wing and conservative leaning and not just pro-business.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Personally I have no issue with religious freedom in our country, as long as it doesn't interfere with our other freedoms of race, cultural beliefs or sexual orientation.
    This is where Folau crossed the line.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You're right but given they've been appointed by the Liberal Party I assume they're right wing and conservative leaning and not just pro-business.
    Folau has a better chance under a stacked Liberal Party WRC than a Get Up/ALP/Green Commission full of people who get offended at anything. That isn’t the ALP I grew up with. The Liberal Party isn’t the same as it used to be.

As the election result proved particularly given the hammering they received in Qld the ALP/Green alliance alienated workers in electorates that were close to coal mines and future ones like the Carmichael mine near Blackwater an area that has been hit hard by unemployment. The Get Up/ALP/Green alliance have delayed the mine approval and their Qld Government have played their part (they will get destroyed in the next State Election).

Didn’t even gain a seat in WA another area they ignored.

They were more heavily focussed on booting Abbott and Dutton out of their jobs than concentrating on protecting and creating jobs for average Australians.

Folau has a lot of political support including former ALP Federal Opposition Leader Mark Latham, A certain Tasmanian Senator who has already written to the WRC and former deputy PM Barnaby Joyce. This is go with the financial backing he has for his case.

vCash
    Jaysus Jargs. If that was a fishing expedition you landed a whopper.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The case isn’t that clear cut. The RA have already admitted that Qantas instructed them to sack Folau.

Folau didn’t target homosexuals, he was inclusive of everyone. No one can tell me that they haven’t committed one or more sins that are on Folau’s list that he is providing you with the opportunity to repent.

Hell pardon the pun I have committed at least four sins on his list.

If Folau wanted to be more inclusive accurate to describe the RA he should have put stupidity up on his list.
    But he wasnt inclusive of everyone, if he truely was then you could argue that by taking homosexuals off of the list then that list still "includes" everyone.

What he did is singled out homosexuals who were born that way, the same way people are born Black, white , brown, olive or whatever complexion they themselves like to identify with.

By being an adolterer, or a fornicator, a liar etc, they are strictly by choice or free will. You are not born with those 'sins' and I use that term loosely as its a crock of shit. But he has singled out homosexuals as being sinners for simply being born that way and for that he is demonising them in the media using his profile to launch what is pretty much considered hate speech. And now he is trying to hide behind Christianity which is very sad, especially when you hear that his own dad threatened him with hell when he tried to save his $5 million dollar contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    But he wasnt inclusive of everyone, if he truely was then you could argue that by taking homosexuals off of the list then that list still "includes" everyone.

What he did is singled out homosexuals who were born that way, the same way people are born Black, white , brown, olive or whatever complexion they themselves like to identify with.

By being an adolterer, or a fornicator, a liar etc, they are strictly by choice or free will. You are not born with those 'sins' and I use that term loosely as its a crock of shit. But he has singled out homosexuals as being sinners for simply being born that way and for that he is demonising them in the media using his profile to launch what is pretty much considered hate speech. And now he is trying to hide behind Christianity which is very sad, especially when you hear that his own dad threatened him with hell when he tried to save his $5 million dollar contract.
    Being inclusive he included ‘homosexuals’ and ‘homosexuals’ do fornicate. We are sexual beings so we do fornicate in some manner whether it is to your own sex or to the opposite sex. Fornication isn’t a choice.

As for ‘lies’ I am sure your parents told you about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy. It then gets passed on to your kids. It is part of our culture. That is a cultural thing not a choice.

In regards to idolators we did a fair bit of it as sports fans whether it was Lillee, waiting out the back of stands for autographs, Cash for Cans (Pat Cash), stretches with Merv the Swerve and telling people how good the Rugby is before the boys club ruined it.

He said hell awaits you if you don’t take the opportunity to repent. It wasn’t a threat more an opportunity to go to God to repent from your sins.

Last edited by Bakkies; 06-06-19 at 20:41.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast