Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    No meeting room available at Moore Park?? What about the boardroom? Surely to goodness no other meeting is more important to RA right now than this? Unbelievable!!
    Its just an excuse for another one of their frequent junkets.

I wonder where they had lunch and dinner?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Unbelievable!!
    Not really, Ali. More like SNAFU.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    No meeting room available at Moore Park?? What about the boardroom? Surely to goodness no other meeting is more important to RA right now than this? Unbelievable!!
    Probably to stop idolatry. You could the see the Beale meetings through the glass windows in the old St Leonard’s building while a press conference was going on.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    SNAFU?

SNZAAFU... FUBARU

Last edited by sittingbison; 09-05-19 at 11:23.
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Not unusual for an independent panel to meet at a neutral location; meeting at Moore Park could lead to claims that the panel aren't independent and unbiased.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Not unusual for an independent panel to meet at a neutral location; meeting at Moore Park could lead to claims that the panel aren't independent and unbiased.
    But the first two days were at RA headquarters weren't they?

Last edited by jargan83; 09-05-19 at 09:15.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    But the first two days were at RA headquarters weren't they?
    Yep, but none of the 150 or so admin staff at HQ were there. They obviously don't seem to trust their own with regard to potential leaks etc thus the new location.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Peter FitzSimons fires up..

Six of the worst fallacies surrounding the Israel Folau scandal

Peter FitzSimons
    16:26, May 09 2019
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Whats App
    Reddit
    Email
    SharePlay Video
    BREAKFAST
    Gay footy great Ian Roberts says Israel Folau needs to understand the consequences of his words and actions.
    OPINION: The Israel Folau thing? The first part of it is fairly simple.

This time a year ago he made a post on social media vilifying gays which engulfed his employers at Rugby Australia, his Wallaby and Waratah teammates, and the entire game over three weeks of misery.

Despite that, Rugby Australia in its wisdom – or perhaps, lack thereof – decided to contract him again for four years on a salary of A$1 million a year. It boiled down to: "We want you to take bombs, tackle, score tries and ... one more thing. We want you to promise not to put another post up like the last one, engulfing us all in precisely the same agony as last time."

Israel Folau is at the centre of a major scandal in Australian rugby.
    ANDREW CORNAGA/PHOTOSPORT
    Israel Folau is at the centre of a major scandal in Australian rugby.
    Despite that, a month ago, Folau put up a post on social media which put Australian rugby through precisely the same agony.

READ MORE:
    * Israel Folau's legal bill for fighting Rugby Australia likely to be mounting by the day
    * Israel Folau says he's 'at peace' as former Wallabies coach Alan Jones slams star's critics
    * Israel Folau urged to take employment case to High Court for the good of Australia
    * Whatever happens now, Israel Folau will never play rugby in Australia again

The inquiry of the past few days, presided over by three heavyweight legal-beagles – and addressed by the legal hawks of both Folau and Rugby Australia – has been just the first of perhaps two or three rounds of legal testing as to whether Folau did legally commit to avoid damaging posts; whether he breached that legal commitment; and whether it warrants Rugby Australia tearing up his contract.

The fact that Rugby Australia clearly won the first round is encouraging. It gives a strong indication of how the next legal rounds might go, but it is not definitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertise with Stuff
    Israel Folau's code of conduct hearing ran over several days.
    GETTY IMAGES
    Israel Folau's code of conduct hearing ran over several days.
    That is the situation as it stands and, of course, against that there have been many claims made by those who support Folau despite it all. Let's have a quick look at the basic claims.

This was a victory for media bullies like yours truly, who all got together and said "Let's get Israel." Uh, no. As I said on Twitter to one who made this very charge, it was actually rugby and wider communities saying, "No more bullying of gays, we're over it. And if you insist on doing it, you can't do it while wearing our jersey and being paid a million bucks a year."

For each time Folau posted, the ones who led the charge were the public, who exploded on talkback, on social media and thundering letters to the editor well before any of us in the media wrote a word.

This is the end of Western civilisation as we know it. Uh, no. This is Western civilisation evolving, and saying that while publicly marginalising a group used to be acceptable, and even a part of the law of the land, it is no longer acceptable.

SharePlay Video
    Player Information
    About Brightcove
    BREAKFAST
    One Nation's Mark Latham criticises the treatment of the Wallabies fullback Israel Folau in NSW Parliament.
    Critics are howling this is a problem specific to rugby. Uh, no again. How many of you, reading this, are free in your own workplaces to put up social media posts like Folau and still be employed? Across our brown and pleasant land, millions of employees get it, comport themselves accordingly, and we're a stronger and more inclusive country because of it.

This is all about freedom of speech. Umm, no again. No-one is dragging Folau off to the Gulag, for starters, and as I have stated many times, while he has broad freedom of speech, he has no freedom from consequences. Secondly, those who are howling loudest about freedom of speech for Israel Folau – Alan Jones et al – are precisely those who howled loudest against the likes of Yassmin Abdel-Magied - who tweeted that on Anzac Day 2017 we should also reflect on Manus Island detainees- and called for her to be banished.

Ditto, when SBS presenter Scott McIntyre tweeted his own views about the Anzacs and those who commemorated Anzac Day, there was not a single peep out of them about his rights to freedom of speech. They wanted him sacked from SBS, and he was.

This is an attack on the freedom of religion in general, and Christianity in particular. This line of attack is again led by Jones and you'll think I am making this up, but I'm not.

Folau came face to face with Rugby Australia Chief Executive Raelene Castle when his hearing began last weekend. He was found to have committed a high level breach.
    MATT KING/GETTY IMAGES
    Folau came face to face with Rugby Australia Chief Executive Raelene Castle when his hearing began last weekend. He was found to have committed a high level breach.
    "He's in trouble for uttering four of the most immortal words in civilisation's history," Jones said on Sky on Tuesday, "I am a Christian."

Complete and utter bollocks. For starters, heaps of wonderful Christian leaders such as Father Rod Bower have come forward entirely disassociating themselves and their religion from Folau. Within rugby ranks, Wallaby flanker David Pocock, who led the charge against homophobia the code, is a devout Christian. Willie Ofahengaue, the first Tongan to play for the Wallabies, is a devout Christian, and both of our Wallaby World Cup winning captains in Nick Farr-Jones and John Eales answer the same description.

There are dozens and dozens more. The idea that Rugby Australia was out to get Christians, right after signing Folau up again is so absurd there are no words.

The Diggers would be turning over in their graves. I am not making this up, I tell you. Alan Jones, AGAIN is actually pushing this line.

"The Australia that our Anzacs fought for seems to be disappearing before our very eyes," he told the Daily Telegraph. "This is not the Australia our veterans fought for."

Yes, Alan, because right before they went over the top at Gallipoli, Fromelles, Pozieres, The Nek and Villers-Bretonneux, the Sergeant said, as I have documented, "Let's do this, so Australia can be made safe for homophobic gibberish! We are going to give our lives, so that in the future it will still be safe for one group of Australians to be told that by being born gay, they are so wicked, they will reside for eternity in hell."

Alan? This is so ludicrous and so disrespectful to their memory, it is barely worth dignifying with a response, but again, you leave me with no choice.

This is much bigger than Folau, and will go long. This is the only contention with merit. Some legal experts posit that if a homophobic slur is a religiously based homophobic slur then higher courts will protect it under freedom of religion legislation. It would amaze me if that proves to the case. Across the land, it would suddenly be open season on gays again. But I suspect Folau will now be financed by conservative organisations to test that contention.

In short, rugby has seen a few cluster-rucks in its time, but this is a rolled-gold cluster-ruck any way you want to cut it

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    He's on the money

vCash
    Just read that he may come to GRR! That will mean the FURA will now probably offer him the captaincy just to stick one on Twiggy!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Well said Peter Fitz!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    https://thewest.com.au/politics/fede...ng-b881192121z

"Federal election 2019: Final leaders debate dominated by Israel Folau and franking credits"

" Asked about Wallabies star Israel Folau being found guilty of a breach of the Rugby Australia rules for social media posts where he said gay people would go to hell, Mr Morrison spoke in favour of freedom of speech. But he admitted public figures had a higher responsibility to abide by employment contracts.

Mr Shorten said it was a complex issue.

“I don’t think it’s clear-cut when the edges bump up against each other,” he said.

“I don’t think if you’re gay you’re going to go to hell. I don’t know if hell exists actually. But I don’t think if it does, that being gay is what sends you there. So I am uneasy.” "

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    and via KiwiLand:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...hands-of-folau

"Israel Folau: Waratahs not washing their hands of star fullback, says Kiwi coach

Kiwi coach Daryl Gibson admits "there's still a lot of love and care" for Israel Folau within the NSW Waratahs ranks as the Wallabies superstar fights desperately to save his career.

While declining to directly discuss the possibility of welcoming him back into the fold if an independent panel opted against tearing up his contract, Gibson's softening stance at least offered the suspended fullback a glimmer of hope.

Speaking from Johannesburg before the Waratahs' crunch Saturday night Super Rugby clash with the Lions, Gibson was asked if he was resigned to losing Folau for good."

etc

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Israel Folau is not desperately fighting to save his career. He has been offered numerous chances to save his career, by removing the post. Yet he has refused.

Let's be clear. He is desperately fighting to defend his right to express his religious views. He has said many times his religion comes first and foremost.

Let's also be clear. The notions of freedom of expression, freedom of religion are from persecution by the Government, the Authority (King, Pope etc). Nobody has EVER been free to express themselves without expecting backlash from people or employers. That is total bullshit. Go to a gay bar and yell out "repent you sinners, or you'll go to hell" and see what happens to you. Likewise go to a bikies bar and yell out "bikies are faggots", or a mosque yelling "Muslims are pigfucjwrs" etc etc etc. It's total bullshit.

I have NEVER worked for an employer that wouldn't sack me on the spot if I brought them into disrepute, which Izy did by breaching the Code of Conduct and nargianising a number of rugby supporters.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Israel Folau is not desperately fighting to save his career. He has been offered numerous chances to save his career, by removing the post. Yet he has refused.

Let's be clear. He is desperately fighting to defend his right to express his religious views. He has said many times his religion comes first and foremost.

Let's also be clear. The notions of freedom of expression, freedom of religion are from persecution by the Government, the Authority (King, Pope etc). Nobody has EVER been free to express themselves without expecting backlash from people or employers. That is total bullshit. Go to a gay bar and yell out "repent you sinners, or you'll go to hell" and see what happens to you. Likewise go to a bikies bar and yell out "bikies are faggots", or a mosque yelling "Muslims are pigfucjwrs" etc etc etc. It's total bullshit.

I have NEVER worked for an employer that wouldn't sack me on the spot if I brought them into disrepute, which Izy did by breaching the Code of Conduct and nargianising a number of rugby supporters.
    Couldnt have said it better.

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast