Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    That’s where support from the Chairman needs to be public. Castle was at the hearing, no sign of Uncle Cam in the press photos.
    Maybe he needs to be flushed out from his hole? Don’t see any media querying where he is. I’m sure he’s not wanting to risk losing his free ride to the World Cup.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ask and ye shall receive, a reading from the Book of Clyne:

Rugby Australia chairman Cameron Clyne has unloaded on Israel Folau while defending his organisation’s decision to terminate the ex-Wallaby’s contract.

In an interview with Nine newspapers after the two parties failed to reach an agreement over the former Wallaby’s sacking in Sydney on Friday, Clyne said the game had no other option.

“(The alternative] would be that we’d have no sponsors at all because no sponsor has indicated they would be willing to be associated with social media posts of that sort and that includes government, because we’ve also heard from them,” he said.

“We would also potentially be in litigation with employees who are gay and who would say we’re not providing a workplace that is safe or respectful.”

RELATED: Folau’s day in Sydney

Clyne also rubbished suggestions RA had been dictated to by sponsor Qantas. “That’s simply wrong. Sponsors have a right to associate themselves with a game they feel best represents their values, but it is absolute nonsense to suggest it was done at the behest of a sponsor,” he said.

“Having said that I haven’t had any sponsor come forward and say they were happy with the post or happy to be associated with it. But it’s offensive to suggest we get our moral compass from someone else.”

More: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/rugby-australia-chairman-cameron-clyne-slams-israel-folau/news-story/7166dd22ec79856921b2e3d5d004ea30

Champion
    vCash
    Right back into his hole now I’m sure! 🙄

vCash
    Interesting that Clyne says it is about sponsors not wanting to be associated with RA, and fear of litigation. I thought it was about our sport being inclusive and welcoming of everyone.

And Clyne talking about a moral compass? That’s laughable.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I wonder how GRob managed to get the scoop interview with Clyne.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Good to hear Clyne is so concerned for his employees. I imagine that will presage a complete ban on all alcohol then, as they could also potentially be in litigation with employees who are Muslim and who could say they’re not providing a workplace that is safe or respectful. Not to mention recovering (or even developing) alcoholics...

vCash
    JOC is a recovering alcoholic, 9 months on the wagon. Turned his life around. Knows the man he wants to be after miditation. 20mins after signing for the Reds he'll be shitfaced and cruising Fortitude Valley looking for hookers and blow. Welcome back to the RA family JOC

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Good to hear Clyne is so concerned for his employees. I imagine that will presage a complete ban on all alcohol then, as they could also potentially be in litigation with employees who are Muslim and who could say they’re not providing a workplace that is safe or respectful. Not to mention recovering (or even developing) alcoholics...
    Alcoholics are by choice. Being a homosexual isnt. People are still failing to grasp this..

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Name:  Screenshot_20190629-153130_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  197.0 KB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20190629-153130_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  197.0 KB
    He is totally screwed. The biggest question is how much the chistian lobby is prepared to throw away on their crusade to show the world what bigots and homophobes they really are, meanwhile we all know what their leaders like George Pell etc and some of the other high profile cardinals have been convicted of, and what they have tried to cover up.. what a bunch of scumbag hypocrites these christians really are.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I was referring more to the likes of the RA types who are in breach of the code of conduct. Mitchell, Kearns etc

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Alcoholics are by choice. Being a homosexual isnt. People are still failing to grasp this..
    Totally irrelevant with respect to Clyne's concern. Being a Muslim is no less a protected status in Australian law. And the threat and disrespect to them of people drinking alcohol would be far more immediate than merely being concerned about what one individual might be thinking of another.

Even more so the alcoholics. They would be being placed specifically in harms way by their working environment.

Last edited by AndyS; 29-06-19 at 17:40.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I was referring more to the likes of the RA types who are in breach of the code of conduct. Mitchell, Kearns etc
    Yep and the code of conduct is broken on a weekly basis across the country.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Being pedantic and having spoken to a psychologist, alcoholics aren't alcoholics by choice, but by their personality.
    Drunks are drunks by choice, however, and it was they who Folau said were going to hell.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Being pedantic and having spoken to a psychologist, alcoholics aren't alcoholics by choice, but by their personality.
    Drunks are drunks by choice, however, and it was they who Folau said were going to hell.
    Ok Alan Jones.

Enjoy your interpretation of it all. But half the reason this country isnt moving forward is because of attitudes like yours. After the gay mariage vote it looks immenent that we as a nation are taking 3 steps backwards.

Alcoholics are entirely by choice. Whether you have a genetic predisposition to never put the bottle down is another story and highly debatable even in science as many people with that susposed gene drink and never become alcoholics in their entire lifes. Dont get me started how taking that first drink is a choice whether you become an alcoholic or not is irrelevent, the pathway people take to get there is entirely by choice.

But thanks for proving your age and how out of touch you are. I suspose you agreed with Folau's tremendously stupid suggestion that homosexuals be compared to drug addicts.. truely unbeleivable.

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast