Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 447

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

  1. #286
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,529
    vCash
    5228000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Alison and Sheikh hit the nail on the head.

    Hoping for a process similar to what happened to soccer in Australia bout 15 years ago (Google Crawford report if you really want details) where they should set up a board and process that is equitable to the rest of Australia, not just 2 states.

    Absolute bonus would be the Wallabies being reduced to Minnow status but that might be a reach.
    Thanks Jargs, not being a soccer man I had forgotten all about this, but probably had little time for it when it did happen anyway.

    I just had a read of this link (wiki is always right isn't it?) and it reads exactly like the current situation Rugby is in and also has the recovery options required. Replace a few names, some dates and tournaments and the resemblance is uncanny.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_R...view_Committee

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  2. #287
    Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Yallingup WA
    Posts
    187
    vCash
    5216000
    We can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #288
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,584
    vCash
    5322000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Alison and Sheikh hit the nail on the head.

    Hoping for a process similar to what happened to soccer in Australia bout 15 years ago (Google Crawford report if you really want details) where they should set up a board and process that is equitable to the rest of Australia, not just 2 states.

    Absolute bonus would be the Wallabies being reduced to Minnow status but that might be a reach.
    Well I gave you a quick there Jargs. But I took it back just as quick when I read the last line.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  4. #289
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,695
    vCash
    5268000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well I gave you a quick there Jargs. But I took it back just as quick when I read the last line.
    Give it back you wanker

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #290
    Rookie wasmute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    75
    vCash
    5092000
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Thanks Jargs, not being a soccer man I had forgotten all about this, but probably had little time for it when it did happen anyway.

    I just had a read of this link (wiki is always right isn't it?) and it reads exactly like the current situation Rugby is in and also has the recovery options required. Replace a few names, some dates and tournaments and the resemblance is uncanny.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_R...view_Committee

    Does anybody know how to create a Wikipedia page? I was thinking perhaps copy and paste the 2003_Report_of_the_Independent_Soccer_Review_Commi ttee, change the title to 2019 & rugby, and change some of the details inside. Would be good to stir the pot and have a laugh at the same time...

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    #FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

  6. #291
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,584
    vCash
    5322000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Give it back you wanker
    Nup.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  7. #292
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,231
    vCash
    5310000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    I definitely wasn't aware of the failure of Aus Soccer.

    My vision of Jargs wish. was a shut down of Rugby Australia which then forced the shut down of the State and lower administrative bodies.

    Technically from a purely Rugby management structural point of view. The closure of RugbyAustralia would force the shutdown of Rugby competitions across Australia. No matches of Rugby would be allowed to be played in Australia at the Test Match level, Super Rugby, to the Under 5s at Kalamunda.

    It would also include Global Rapid Rugby Matches in Australia but not that whole competition. Because of it being based in Hong Kong.

    Jargs I get what you are saying - I kind of hope that you saying it tongue in cheek.

    Be careful what you wish for.

    I have just started my first season as Coach this year. I would hate to have to stop.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!

  8. #293
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,584
    vCash
    5322000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I definitely wasn't aware of the failure of Aus Soccer.

    My vision of Jargs wish. was a shut down of Rugby Australia which then forced the shut down of the State and lower administrative bodies.

    Technically from a purely Rugby management structural point of view. The closure of RugbyAustralia would force the shutdown of Rugby competitions across Australia. No matches of Rugby would be allowed to be played in Australia at the Test Match level, Super Rugby, to the Under 5s at Kalamunda.

    It would also include Global Rapid Rugby Matches in Australia but not that whole competition. Because of it being based in Hong Kong.

    Jargs I get what you are saying - I kind of hope that you saying it tongue in cheek.

    Be careful what you wish for.

    I have just started my first season as Coach this year. I would hate to have to stop.
    What are you basing that scenario on X? Football didn't stop all over the country 15 years ago, though I'm not sure the circumstances were exactly the same.

    Junior coaching or jumping straight into 1st grade?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #294
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,231
    vCash
    5310000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    What are you basing that scenario on X? Football didn't stop all over the country 15 years ago, though I'm not sure the circumstances were exactly the same.


    Its all theoretical opinion of mine, and mine alone.

    Any official Rugby match is played under the Authority of World Rugby and its member unions. The structure of World Rugby is hierarchical.

    For example, Nedlands Rugby Union Football Club is a member of RugbyWA who is a member of Rugby Australia who is a full voting rights member of World Rugby.

    Take one of these organisations out of the chain and authority for a particular game to be played is no longer there. The loss of the Member Union - in this case, Rugby Australia I believe that technically Rugby Teams and even Referees are no longer registered or Insured.

    This is, of course, an extreme circumstance - I would imagine should Jargs dream scenario occur. An Administrator or an Administrative Council would be appointed. Thus allowing for matches and tournaments to continue.


    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Junior coaching or jumping straight into 1st grade?
    I'm Coaching Third Grade.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!

  10. #295
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,150
    vCash
    5290000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    X, in your scenario if Rugby Australia were to be removed from the chain, then there would be no national body to say you *couldn't* play rugby , although you would have to get the refs on your side, as they are also controlled via RA.

    I'd imagine that if the national body did go bust and have to shutdown, the state bodies would move to pick up the slack (and possibly start lobbying for an even more uneven replacement, but hey, I'm often told I'm too cynical!)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  11. #296
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,231
    vCash
    5310000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    X, in your scenario if Rugby Australia were to be removed from the chain, then there would be no national body to say you *couldn't* play rugby , although you would have to get the refs on your side, as they are also controlled via RA.

    I'd imagine that if the national body did go bust and have to shutdown, the state bodies would move to pick up the slack (and possibly start lobbying for an even more uneven replacement, but hey, I'm often told I'm too cynical!)
    This is all theoretical and I am willing to concede that I am wrong.

    The State Unions would have to form a new national body. and that body would have to be acknowledged by World Rugby.


    This is the same reason why Andrew Forrest had Pinochet, Michael Lynagh and others to ensure that GRR wasn't a "Rebel" competition and why they joined up with Hong Kong Rugby when they found Rugby Australia too slow to get their shit together.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!

  12. #297
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,695
    vCash
    5268000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Jargs I get what you are saying - I kind of hope that you saying it tongue in cheek.
    Which bit?

    The soccer style investigation and restructure? That would be great for the game as RA is not going to change without being forced to. Fairly certain that grass roots soccer continued being run by state associations while the national body sorted itself out.

    The Wallabies becoming a minnow? That would be amazing.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #298
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,231
    vCash
    5310000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Which bit?

    The Wallabies becoming a minnow? That would be amazing.
    That would break my heart.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!

  14. #299
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,284
    vCash
    5312000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Which bit?

    The soccer style investigation and restructure? That would be great for the game as RA is not going to change without being forced to. Fairly certain that grass roots soccer continued being run by state associations while the national body sorted itself out.

    The Wallabies becoming a minnow? That would be inevitable.
    fixed

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  15. #300
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,695
    vCash
    5268000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    That would break my heart.
    Why?

    Rugby Australia shat all over Rugby here in the west.

    The Wallabies = "The side for all Australians (so long as you live on the East Coast of the country)"

    Every story I see about Rugby Australia struggling brings me so much joy I expect Marie Kondo to jump out from behind a wall.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 27-11-17, 06:38
  2. Nick "Off the bone" Cummins - Italy post match interview!
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Nick Cummins
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-13, 18:32
  3. The Israel Folau interview ...soon
    By The Man in forum NSW Waratahs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-02-13, 10:11
  4. What the hell is a "Google Search Cloud" ?
    By Darren in forum Site News, Suggestions and Troubles
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-08-08, 20:04
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-06-06, 22:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •