Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Edwards joins the campaign for bums on seats

vCash
    I always remember when the Fiji opening game was played last year and it was the hottest ticket in town, there were plenty of folk on social media who said things like "I didn't know we had rugby in Perth! It's great they've brought a game here"

I get the feeling that the mainstream are out of the loop once again due to lack of marketing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 11-04-19 at 15:51.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Just been informed by a pretty good source that ticket sales are appalling. We could be looking at our lowest ever crowd...

I certainly hope my information is wrong.

vCash
    Absolute truck load of tickets available for purchase according to Ticketmaster website.

I'd say one of the upper blocks in the Eastern Stand has 3/4 of seats available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Buddha Handy and Spartan, I will assume you are both part of junior clubs. Maybe putting together a petition showing that if an earlier timeslot is to be used next year it will attract yourselves and other families. This will not only provide GRR evidence for themselves but when the RA who will love to see this fail and not want it to cross the timeslots as their elitist states/teams. That it is they themselves (RA) once again turning their backs on the real grassroots and future of Rugby and continuing to alienate Western Australia.

Just a thought
    Sent you a PM about this

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Absolute truck load of tickets available for purchase according to Ticketmaster website.

I'd say one of the upper blocks in the Eastern Stand has 3/4 of seats available.
    Yep, and ticketmaster doesnt show the tickets reserved for juniors that dont seem to be getting taken up by anyone. If you include those tickets which currently show up as greyed out and if General Admission has as many people in it as last time then we could be looking at a sub 5k crowd, Have we ever had a crowd that low?

vCash
    Game against Qld Reds in our final year of Super Rugby drew 6,500ish I think.

That was the game played in a dumpster fire of a time slot with kick off at 6:20pm on a Thursday night.

Champion
    vCash
    There looks a lot more available now then there was when I bought three tickets at the beginning of the week. 😢

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Game against Qld Reds in our final year of Super Rugby drew 6,500ish I think.

That was the game played in a dumpster fire of a time slot with kick off at 6:20pm on a Thursday night.
    First round or first home game anyway i think. Was still quite warm, the players were constantly cramping up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    First round or first home game anyway i think. Was still quite warm, the players were constantly cramping up
    Pretty sure it was the first home game as well.

vCash
    Come on, WA rugby fans! Bloody hell.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    I know come on!! The time is not great but having no team at all next year is worse so please please support this year!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    WA's most senior rugby executive has challenged fans to embrace the resurrected Western Force and Global Rapid Rugby or risk losing their side for a second time.
    RugbyWA chairman John Edwards said fans need to lift their support to prevent history repeating itself.
    "My questions to the rugby community are: 'Do you want a professional team and are you passionate enough to ensure its future?'" Edwards said ahead of Friday night's Force clash with the Singapore-based Asia Pacific Dragons at HBF Park.
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881163728z
    Attempts at emotional blackmail and pre-assignment of guilt annoy me.

For the record, I haven't attended the first two GRR matches and I won't be attending tomorrow night's match, because I usually work at mine sites during the week, I'm a scum contractor which means that I normally can't get on the site plane and so I return from site to Perth on Friday evenings on commercial flights. The last flights from Newman, Paraburdoo etc usually land in Perth about an hour after the scheduled kick-off at HBF Park.

As an act of support for GRR, I purchased 4 Diamond memberships in 2019, even though I knew it was unlikely that I would be able to get to any of the matches. I have offered the tickets to family, friends and employees; the Trouble and Strife is turned off by the pre-start and half-time frippery and by the idea of going by herself, the Tin Lids lost interest in Rugby after the Force's excruciating losses in 2016 and haven't returned, most of our friends (and employees) have young kids for whom a 19h30 start doesn't work and I have been known to lean on employees to take up my generous offer, but without success.

So I am unlikely to attend any games in 2019, but I have handed over $1,600+ to Western Force for the privilege.

I know that you can't please all of the people all of the time ...

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    By your quoting Spatman Ali I can see he's on about the same old crap and claiming large numbers of people agree. Bullshit.

I think along the same line as AndyS. Lack of certainty re the "real" GRR and its make up for next year plus lower profile marketing budget will have an effect. Just accept it. I doubt Minderoo will not make allowances for those.
    Having said that; the attendance's so far have been 1100-odd and 8,000-odd; right? A few SR franchises would not be disappointed with those. Pretty sure the Rabble had 5000-odd, maybe less for the Sunwolves. Their attendance was listed as TBA - again.

The sky is not falling.
    come on, the crowd for the 2nd GRR game was terrible.
    we should expect more for, what seems like, a hastily put together series of games with unknown opposition at inappropriate kick-off times.
    when we were in the SR, at least we got decent crowds.........................hang on

Force v Reds Attendance 2 March, 2017 7,008 (Force 26-19 Reds)
    Force vs Kings Attendance 9 April, 2017 8,474 (Force 46-41 Kings)
    Force vs Emirates Lions 2017 Attendance 29 April 7,351 (Force 15-24 Lions)

not so bad in GRR eh?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cider my arse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    come on, the crowd for the 2nd GRR game was terrible.
    we should expect more for, what seems like, a hastily put together series of games with unknown opposition at inappropriate kick-off times.
    when we were in the SR, at least we got decent crowds.........................hang on

Force v Reds Attendance 2 March, 2017 7,008 (Force 26-19 Reds)
    Force vs Kings Attendance 9 April, 2017 8,474 (Force 46-41 Kings)
    Force vs Emirates Lions 2017 Attendance 29 April 7,351 (Force 15-24 Lions)

not so bad in GRR eh?
    So we should accept mediocrity moving forward? Lots of issues with the way GRR are promoting themselves. I think there are also alot of possitives, but if they dont iron out the negatives then the competition is in trouble..

vCash
    I thought the improved 8500 attendance was a pretty OK result all things considered. I reckon that will be much improved when Fiji and Samoa visit.

The membership pack was OK too. The the reusable coffee cup is getting a run right now. Better than another cap for the collection.

I could go on a rant about the lack of a handle if I wanted to nit-pick, but I won't.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast