Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Edwards joins the campaign for bums on seats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Dude, again, you have your opinion and have stated it.

Im not religious nor will pretend to actually know. But I dont think the Sunday games is an effect on the fans attending but on those players who are paid. Its their faith. so be it. World rugby gave approval on the fact GRR is trying to include those areas ignored so "if they wanna dictate their terms then dont have them in the competition" is burying your head in the sand.

This was a series of exhibition games thrown together quickly. Hence GRR delayed to next year. without going completely over the top get in contact with GRR raise it, ask them to put into consideration next year, not all teams will be against Sundays.

Take this year as it is, put together the best they could with what they had available.

I get kids need their sleep but shit when I was growing up and there was an Eagles game to watch late at night before I played the next day, we were there. Back in standing only areas, amongst the riff raff and loved every second of it. Its not the kids that need to harden up but their parents it seems.

N.B. Spoken by a father of 2
    Thats pretty out of touch considering you are a father yourself. Having a kid lying half a sleep on your lap or shoulder is not a good look, remmebering these kids have been at school all day, some will have to be at before hours care due to work committments from their parents, that is a huge day. Not to mention all the young ones at day care as early as 6:30am alot of the mornings. I think the organisers are out of touch about what these families can actually achieve in their busy lives. To blame them for not being hard enough for having to take their childrens consideration in first before being able to attend a GRR fixture that is definitely making no attempt to cater for them is a huge issue worth discussing, not ignoring.

And dont have a laugh with me about religion, we live in Australia where we have seperation of Church and State, if a bunch of PI players dont wanna play so they can pray instead then go for it, but this shouldnt dictate when the game is played. And it obviously doesnt affect the Tongan PI population in Perth as they turned out in droves last year to watch the game on the sunday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Thats pretty out of touch considering you are a father yourself. Having a kid lying half a sleep on your lap or shoulder is not a good look, remmebering these kids have been at school all day, some will have to be at before hours care due to work committments from their parents, that is a huge day. Not to mention all the young ones at day care as early as 6:30am alot of the mornings. I think the organisers are out of touch about what these families can actually achieve in their busy lives. To blame them for not being hard enough for having to take their childrens consideration in first before being able to attend a GRR fixture that is definitely making no attempt to cater for them is a huge issue worth discussing, not ignoring.

And dont have a laugh with me about religion, we live in Australia where we have seperation of Church and State, if a bunch of PI players dont wanna play so they can pray instead then go for it, but this shouldnt dictate when the game is played. And it obviously doesnt affect the Tongan PI population in Perth as they turned out in droves last year to watch the game on the sunday.
    As I said, its the players affected not the fans/population, Sunday is a day of rest, watching rugby is not going against that. Earning an income in some cultures/religions is taboo on sundays. (in other religions it Fridays, sure there are others too)

My point is this year is fixed, contact GRR to have input for next year. it wasnt that the organisers are/were/will be out of touch. It was a huge ask with a short time frame. Im sure there will be a "lessons learnt" from this season, I implore you to let it be known to them your feedback.

there is the Sunday issues and some not all teams not wanting to play.
    there is Saturday issues with club rugby, which stops senior players/families (yes people have older kids or kids themselves) from attending
    there is Friday with it which comes, too early games effects out-of-towners, late workers, and if it is too late it effects families - fair point

with the above there is nothing the organisers can do with out upsetting someone, hopefully next year with valuable feedback from members and fans there is an even spread of games/times. Hopefully Fans/families/senior players can and will enjoy RUGBY

Spartan - sometimes i enjoy your input, others i dont agree with but hey this is a forum and its how we see the otherside but when you constantly go on and on and on and on, you lose credit and people stop listening. you actually drown out the importance of what your trying to convey. Dont quit fighting, id admire your passion but make sure when your talking people will listen otherwise your wasting your breath

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Wow this is such a lot of hooha!! We have had two games for goodness sake. I would hope twiggy would know it’s going to take more than two games for this competition (which hasn’t even started yet) to get a foothold. I’m sure they will take note and learn from this year but can’t make all of the people happy all of the time! Anyway I’ll be there Friday and bringing my two young girls.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Reading Spartans post in your comment it sounds like he's saying "pay attention to my opinions because I'm a parent, not every parent agrees with me, but ignore the opinions of the religious because they don't count"

Hypocrisy like that is the reason I ignore

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Reading Spartans post in your comment it sounds like he's saying "pay attention to my opinions because I'm a parent, not every parent agrees with me, but ignore the opinions of the religious because they don't count"

im trying not to ignore, as i said sometimes he actually comes out with some good insight (usually about games themselves) but soon i may be left with no choice, which as i said will have people stop listening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I did it because it's the same opinions over and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, .................. the "This message is hidden because...." banner ads annoyed to begin with but now I hardly notice them.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    As I said, its the players affected not the fans/population, Sunday is a day of rest, watching rugby is not going against that. Earning an income in some cultures/religions is taboo on sundays. (in other religions it Fridays, sure there are others too)

My point is this year is fixed, contact GRR to have input for next year. it wasnt that the organisers are/were/will be out of touch. It was a huge ask with a short time frame. Im sure there will be a "lessons learnt" from this season, I implore you to let it be known to them your feedback.

there is the Sunday issues and some not all teams not wanting to play.
    there is Saturday issues with club rugby, which stops senior players/families (yes people have older kids or kids themselves) from attending
    there is Friday with it which comes, too early games effects out-of-towners, late workers, and if it is too late it effects families - fair point

with the above there is nothing the organisers can do with out upsetting someone, hopefully next year with valuable feedback from members and fans there is an even spread of games/times. Hopefully Fans/families/senior players can and will enjoy RUGBY

Spartan - sometimes i enjoy your input, others i dont agree with but hey this is a forum and its how we see the otherside but when you constantly go on and on and on and on, you lose credit and people stop listening. you actually drown out the importance of what your trying to convey. Dont quit fighting, id admire your passion but make sure when your talking people will listen otherwise your wasting your breath
    Yes really good points. I actually didnt have any intention rehashing this it is just the thread topic did afford the opportunity to do so. Point is taken though. Dont get me wrong either, I really enjoy what GRR is doing and have been a huge supporter of the concept. I get there early so the kids can enjoy the pre game stuff down at the northern gate and make sure I watch all the prematch shows which I reckon have been really awesome spectacles. The Queen performance was superb, and the chinese dancing fireworks show was just as entertaining so I have been really impressed with the way Global Rapid Rugby is taking the sport in a new direction. I will be there this Friday, and every other Friday including bledisloe weekend even though I am going to the bledisloe the next day. I really do hope we pack out the stadium this week, and I really hope the fans can get onboard and support these new sides and the Force. Its exciting to see new franchises enter the sport and I think alot of people forget that the AP dragons were a potential super rugby franchise who only just narrowly lost out to the sunwolves. One of the reasons the sunwolves play in Singapore is to appease them after their failed bid. The AP Dragons were once coached by Tana Umaga and had players like Rico Gear play for them. I personally am intrigued and cannot wait for Fridays game and think alot of fans should be too when they realise this isnt just a make shift side but a failed franchise bid with history.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I agree this is one team and match ive been hangin for. Unfortunately due to work I cant make it but have passed on my ticket for someone else to enjoy

vCash
    Will be watchin on kayo though

vCash
    I agree this is one team and match ive been hangin for. Unfortunately due to work I cant make it but have passed on my ticket for someone else to enjoy
    There is a real possibility the AP dragons can push the Force all the way. There is also a very real possibility the Force get rolled in the away fixture. This team will be tougher than Hong Kong aka The South China Tigers if the AP Dragons play their strongest side and they start to gell with some good combinations. The problem is they lack game time together, but by the time the away leg comes around this shouldnt be a problem. It will be very interesting to judge the intensity of the sides because if the AP dragons can push the Force all the way and maybe even sneak a win then its game on for the showcase series.

Senior Player
    vCash
    At the end of the day the game time is driving away families that is the fact. I have 3 kids aged 7, 5 and 3 and if the kickoff time was 6.30 there would be 7 of us there including my parents. Getting home at 10.30 at night after a day at school is just not gonna work for a 3 or 5 year old.

As much as they advertise it as family friend it is not.

I have heard that they were forced into this timeslot by RugbyAU so it can follow superrugby, not sure if that is true but if it is they should have put their foot down and said no.

As much as people on here will deny it I have spoken to a lot of families with kids similar ages who are of the same opinion.

vCash
    I'm sure the late kick off times are a contributing factor to the low crowds in the first 2 games but they wouldn't be the only factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'm sure the late kick off times are a contributing factor to the low crowds in the first 2 games but they wouldn't be the only factor.
    They are a significant factor though.

vCash
    Buddha Handy and Spartan, I will assume you are both part of junior clubs. Maybe putting together a petition showing that if an earlier timeslot is to be used next year it will attract yourselves and other families. This will not only provide GRR evidence for themselves but when the RA who will love to see this fail and not want it to cross the timeslots as their elitist states/teams. That it is they themselves (RA) once again turning their backs on the real grassroots and future of Rugby and continuing to alienate Western Australia.

Just a thought

vCash
    Heard Twiggy on Nova this morning - great plug! No kidding, I reckon in 2 minutes he did more of a job on advertising than all the marketing the past 3 weeks! 2 people at work asked me about the rugby! That's all it took to garner more interest!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast