Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shrinking to Greatness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    That status has changed. The MRRU were brought out by the VRU who to announce their financial position.

Wasn't that all part of the crooked deal that was later shown up by the reporting in The West as I remember.
    Yep.

The RA Rabble are only succeeding due to leaving half their squad space open for the Force players. They have also recruited star players from other squads.

The Brumbies, Tahs and Reds are paying the price for being loyal to the majority of their players.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    And the Force coaching team ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    And the Force coaching team ....
    The RA made 5.8 million last year enough money to sack Cheika and keep the Force.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The RA made 5.8 million last year enough money to sack Cheika and keep the Force.
    How much did they allocate to each Super rugby side?

vCash
    They are also claiming that boning the Force enabled them to cut their team costs by more than half by $6.36 million. You could have a tough time deciphering fact from fantasy when you go over this years bodgie-up, Alison. Seems to be rumblings in the heartlands over SR restructure too. Will they have the balls to call Clyne's bluff? Or are they just pissed that only the Rabble an HQ are getting to partake the magic pudding?

Revealed: How NSW led push to overturn Super Rugby revamp

Australian rugby's state powerbrokers were considering a sensational vote against proposed changes to Super Rugby at Rugby Australia's annual general meeting on Monday.

As RA prepared to announce a net surplus of $5.2 million the year after it axed the Western Force, the Herald can reveal NSW Rugby was leading a late-week push for the four state unions with Super Rugby teams to lodge their disapproval of further proposed reforms by voting them down at the AGM in Sydney.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...07-p51brm.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    They have proven time and time again that not a ONE of them has the nuts to do anyrhing proactive. Apart from rattling the ones between their ears on the odd occasion. Nothing will happen as per the norm. I don’t comprehend why noone is arking up about the non disclosure of Rebels finances? There should be a bigger public push on finding out.

Player
    vCash
    It looks like smoke and mirrors again .... Nice to see Andrew Hore whinging about Clyne etc ironic too. He should’ve pulled his head out of his butt a long time ago . Action.... a different story.
    He should be on the phone to AF and Minderoo talking about a West Sydney GRR side and securing NSWRU finances in the future......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    They are also claiming that boning the Force enabled them to cut their team costs by more than half by $6.36 million. You could have a tough time deciphering fact from fantasy when you go over this years bodgie-up, Alison. Seems to be rumblings in the heartlands over SR restructure too. Will they have the balls to call Clyne's bluff? Or are they just pissed that only the Rabble an HQ are getting to partake the magic pudding?

Revealed: How NSW led push to overturn Super Rugby revamp

Australian rugby's state powerbrokers were considering a sensational vote against proposed changes to Super Rugby at Rugby Australia's annual general meeting on Monday.

As RA prepared to announce a net surplus of $5.2 million the year after it axed the Western Force, the Herald can reveal NSW Rugby was leading a late-week push for the four state unions with Super Rugby teams to lodge their disapproval of further proposed reforms by voting them down at the AGM in Sydney.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...07-p51brm.html
    Without a fifth professional team on its books the organisation was able to halve its team costs from $12.16 million to $5.8m.
    I wasnt aware that teams got 12mil, i thought they all were susposed to get $6million each per annum?

Is the 12mil reported what they are currently spending on the Rebels?

vCash
    As soon as the accounts are filed with ASIC I shall be going over them and will post my conclusions here.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    It will be interesting to see how much of the surplus is attributable to pre-payments for the Bled Tests this year.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    It will be interesting to see how much of the surplus is attributable to pre-payments for the Bled Tests this year.
    Good point. WA gov stumped up $5mill in advance from memory.

And then a 80,000 sell-out in a few days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Sure is a good point. That was my first thought on reading that article. My money is on them using all of it to post a surplus trying justify the treachery.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Sure is a good point. That was my first thought on reading that article. My money is on them using all of it to post a surplus trying justify the treachery.
    You can almost feel the lies pouring out of Georgina and Clynes eye balls when they wrote that down...

And this little gem...
    Pulver also collected a bonus in his final year in charge, taking home $500,000 extra on top of his $775,000 salary. He donated half of the bonus to the Australian Rugby Foundation.
    .... so great, he still pockets $250k for being a shit c%$t who managed to f%$k the sport? Daylight robery, dont try and paint yourself as Robin Hood you greedy little f$#ker! Or lets put it another way he still made over $1 million in his salary that year when you include half the bonus- get F%$ked!!

They now get paid consistently as much as our star top players.... given how pathetic Clyne and Raelenes performance has been this is unfathomable... no wonder RA and Australian Rugby is a sinking ship, its just a cash grab for directors and executives, Disgraceful.

vCash
    So Pullers bonus was "we'll give you 250K if you donate 250K so we can pay an overpaid player more" nice fixing of the books

So Raelene is being paid as much as our star top players or our "star" "top" players are being over paid so our "star" "top" CEO will be paid accordingly.

Could also imagine that they had to dangle a pretty big carrot to walk into that shit storm

Player
    vCash
    Not having read the document myself, I'm wondering if there is any indication of how the Rebels are being funded given their salary cap concessions and lack of a major sponsor?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast