Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: GRR - Game 2 Force vs SCT HBF Park

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Thats exactly the problem, they have tried to appeal to the Friday night CBD crowd and they aren't even turning up these days so by alienating all the Mums and Dads and Juniors they have almost killed off the showcase series completely. If they have a Saturday night game around 6pm or a sunday afternoon game this year then mark my words, it will be the highest attended Force game this year, and I stand by those words, advertising or not. Heaps of mums and dads want to bring their kids or junior players to these games, that is the most clearly evident part of all this, but a significantly large amount of them are staying home because of the completely inconsiderate times they have these games on. This is the same complaint many made for years and years about Super Rugby and GRR is doing exactly the same thing that turned many fans off all these years ago. You will never repeat the Subi days with these fixture times. Last year all the Friday games were at 6:30pm too this year they are at almost 8pm.

Its pretty obvious what's happening and we can all put our heads in the sand together and slowly watch the competition die.
    Stop speaking rubbish. You've formed an opinion and believe there is some massive groundswell behind you. Show me all these thousands of people not going because of a 7 40 start. Show me all this steering towards CBD workers? You can't just say things are true with no evidence whatsoever.

There is no alternative time so you are basically saying a scenario is better that cannot and will not be tested this year. Saying that a game being an hour later is keeping people away is such a damn cop out. Hell, if they started at 6:30 on a Friday would you even be able to get to the games after work?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Stop speaking rubbish. You've formed an opinion and believe there is some massive groundswell behind you. Show me all these thousands of people not going because of a 7 40 start. Show me all this steering towards CBD workers? You can't just say things are true with no evidence whatsoever.

There is no alternative time so you are basically saying a scenario is better that cannot and will not be tested this year. Saying that a game being an hour later is keeping people away is such a damn cop out. Hell, if they started at 6:30 on a Friday would you even be able to get to the games after work?
    Yes ofcourse I could get there for 6:30pm. But Friday games are fucking stupid.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

How can I prove anything unless they changed one the fixtures around to accommodate an early Saturday night or Sunday afternoon game. I used an example of last year where the only fixture on a Sunday got 17,000 fans to an afternoon game without the anomaly of ridiculous advertising and a ridiculously popular band in Wolfmother. It was at a family friendly time. Why do you think the NRC was so populsr in Perth compared to everywhere else? It was on at Family friendly times and days.

I dont need to provide evidence that 740pm appeals to a certain demographic, just use some logic...

CBD workers finish up on Fridays- CHECK

CBD workers finish up around 6pm- CHECK

Gives enough time for CBD workers to get a drink and some food before the clash-CHECK

And lets see at how families fit in...

Most kids have been at school all day, parents working, everyone tired from another frantic day- CHECK

Most families with kids 5 years and under are in bed by 8pm-CHECK

These same kids would be half falling asleep every night by 8pm so even if they came out some of them wouldnt be enjoying it-CHECK

Most registered juniors play rugby betwen 8-9am on Saturdays so wont want to be out late on a Friday when they are up at 6am - CHECK

do you really want me to go on and on and use logic and commonsense to out do your fact finding expedition?

vCash
    Have you sent your logic through to Minderoo?

If it was any earlier it would have clashed with the Tahs v Sunwolves yesterday and if you know anything about knock off drinks in the CBD they are unlikely to do anything but go home after drinks.

Sorry it is inconvenient for you but your assumptions are ridiculous.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    6.30 would just be like the Eagles games, when everyone’s rushing to the game in the middle of peak hour. As far as the compering through the game, I think they just need to get the timing better- and it seemed a bit better this week, just distracting during lineouts & scrums. My only real gripe is Berry stuffing up the Force chant. It always started to lift the team at a pressure moment, not an entertainment song! And they get the timing all out of sync so it ends up being naff! Just leave it alone!

Player
    vCash
    The Tigers just weren't as a compelling draw as last week. It's really just that simple. That could change next year if GRR are able to sign some big names to each squad.

vCash
    Have you sent your logic through to Minderoo?

If it was any earlier it would have clashed with the Tahs v Sunwolves yesterday and if you know anything about knock off drinks in the CBD they are unlikely to do anything but go home after drinks.

Sorry it is inconvenient for you but your assumptions are ridiculous.
    Are we trying to appease the East Coast now? Last year it was all about what was right for WA with games on at times that were convenient for WA, now you are worried about a Tahs clash for goodness sake. Make up your mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Are we trying to appease the East Coast now? Last year it was all about what was right for WA with games on at times that were convenient for WA, now you are worried about a Tahs clash for goodness sake. Make up your mind.
    Bro, it's convenient for rugby supporters all over the region not to have clashing games. It's not all about your personal GameDay experience. What about the Japanese who heard they could be involved in this comp. Would you prefer then to miss a famous Sunwolves victory? 7 40pm is FAR more convenient for me, so to use your example, also convenient for WA. Go to the areas around the stadium and see the Force colours in the restaurants having dinner before the game. I would suggest this is FAR more convenient then rushing after work to the game and not having a proper bite to around 9 to 930. Far too late to be feeding the children's!

Last edited by BLR; 30-03-19 at 14:05.

vCash
    Bro, it's convenient for rugby supporters all over the region not to have clashing games. It's not all about your personal GameDay experience. What about the Japanese who heard they could be involved in this comp. Would you prefer then to miss a famous Sunwolves victory? 7 40pm is FAR more convenient for me, so to use your example, also convenient for WA. Go to the areas around the stadium and see the Force colours in the restaurants having dinner before the game. I would suggest this is FAR more convenient then rushing after work to the game and not having a proper bite to around 9 to 930. Far too late to be feeding the children's!
    Your wasting your time try to talk sense to Spartan! He’s been beating this drum since day one and it doesn’t matter what you come up with you will be wrong. He just hasn’t realised yet that it was all set up just to pi55 him off!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    It's not a conspiracy if they really are out to get him.

vCash
    It's not a conspiracy if they really are out to get him.
    Could somebody arrange for them to be out to get him?

C'mon the

vCash
    1)i didn't expect many more than 7.6k last night, not forgetting it beat 2 of our 2017 home games in SR.
    we'll never know if more(or less) would have attended on an alternate day.
    i suspect the crowd would have been about he same on any day.
    2) maybe the perceived view of hordes of CBD people is mostly fans who, instead of enduring the trip home and have a quick S & S then returning to near where they work, are just the normal force fans.
    friday night games in any sport are always sprinkled with CDB workers who would rather have a quick drink and a nosebag after work.
    3) the time of the game works well for me, i found it very difficult to get to a 6:30pm KO.
    i spent 40 minutes trapped in a traffic jam last time.
    4) the pre-match entertainment was ok, just wish they would turn it down during the game.
    it kills what little atmosphere that is created at RU games.
    after the announcer stopped, you could hear a pin drop.
    5) game was ok, new rules seem to work.
    6) and as the the great fly-half elton flatley said, when he wasn't irish dancing, “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

cider my arse

Champion
    vCash
    Western Force smash South China in GRR opener
    Nick Taylor The West Australian
    Saturday, 30 March 2019 12:27PM

Western Force christened a new era in rugby with a 45-22 Global Rapid Rugby win over the South China Tigers at HBF Park last night.
    The first ever GRR game played for points in the new era brought the Force two bonus points and put them on top of the Asia conference.
    After blowing away the cobwebs against an invitation World XV last week the Force served up a different display.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881152738z

vCash
    As I take my 5 year old son to each game we try and get there a little early to enjoy the pre-game entertainment & kids activities and I must say he loved it all. From the bouncy castle to the Juniors playing on the field. Me I enjoyed to the reptile holding and the early beers to kick off a great night. Yes it was disappointing to see the empty seats, yes I don't think marketing has been as good this year as I have friends who weren't aware of the games but I do hear the adverts on radio and see the odd advert on socia media.
    The fireworks/dancers/pre-game entertainment is great and really lets you know its time to get to your seats for kick-off. As for the interruptions during the game, I cant stand Lachie continually revving up the crowd for the FOORRCCEE chant..give it up buddy. There are a few things missing from last year though. I felt the Blue crew (blue lycra/sperm suit wearing ppl) were good last year and they interacted with the crowd, mainly the kids, so they would be a welcomed addition. The Bongo/kiss cam etc is great to lighten up the atmosphere and remind people its the whole experience, but I also agree the timing of these can ruin the game.
    I know a lot has been said about the kick-off time so I wont talk anymore about it but I would like to see the stats from the gates to see if there has been a drop-off of family tickets or even child tickets sold this year compared to last year and earlier (or even Saturday) games.

#FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasmute View Post
    As I take my 5 year old son to each game.....................
    I know a lot has been said about the kick-off time .
    Not really. Mainly just the same old repetitive whining by the usual boring-as-shit suspect. Just keep enjoying the games with your young bloke.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast