Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: GRR - Game 2 Force vs SCT HBF Park

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Only 7686....0
    Plus one tosser (yet to be confirmed)

Thre is no brass band in the corner, no Wolfmother etc...too much piped claptrap. I think we'll have Hodgo a visit and set them straight
    That isn’t a good attendance at all. Has marketing dropped off?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    How can it drop off from game 1s level?

C'mon the

vCash
    Marketing seems to be poor, but I'm not really wired into mainstream TV , newspaper and radio anymore. Too much garbage from one bloke with a mike and noise grabs, last year they got the message and had the live band in the corner who were awesome when they found their mojo. The pregames are a spectacle, but they should have booked Birds of Tokyo, Wolfmother etc to kick it off like last year.

They need to do a marketing/package reassessment. They seem to have taken a wrong turn

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    A lot of this appears to be a part of a shake up. Twiggy wouldn’t drop the momentum from last year that quickly. Look at World Series Cricket no one watched World Series Super Test Cricket and the establishment matches were poor from an Aus point of view. The big problem with WSC and the establishment compromise was that the players weren’t better off so if you were on the outer or on the fringe you had to consider money from Rebel tours. You spent all those years forgoing a normal career to pursue sport and it is the same now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    There's been very little promotion to the average punter this yea. Most people are shocked when I tell them I'm going to a force game. They have no idea its on. Last year the promotion was so good. Maybe the cash dried up. I must say the crowd was really dissapointing. They have to step up the advertising.
    As for the game experience, prematch was good but I really think I have had enough of the 2 announcers. I dont think they add anything at all and infact have , I'm sorry to say, become incredibly annoying to the point where they constantly distract from the game itself.
    I'm not so sure that the intra game banter and music is attracting people to attend. I have attended nearly every game since 2006 and I'm left feeling unenthused about the next game.
    Recommend step up the marketing. Keep the announcers to the prematch and half time. It must be terrible for the players to hear that.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I doubt advertising is going to get the mum and dads back with their kids and i very much doubt the advertising will attract all the young Juiors considering the time these games are played and considering its on a Friday.

GRR has really missed an opportunity after last years success. It seems since the guy the hired from the wildcats parted ways and whoever took over the organisation duties has totally failed the new GRR comp. This new GRR branded competition seriously risks falling into obscurity.

Cheerleaders who work in the CBD will always promote Friday rugby because of their selfish greed and completely inconsiderate mentality. Lots of people posted here about the terrible fixture list that was announced but lots just wanted to keep their head in the sand and pretend it would all be ok when it clearly isnt.

So Global rapid Rugby has shot itself in the foot. It promoted juniors and families under the World Series Rugby banner to come and watch the sport and then did exactly what the East coast does and fold to the demands of the TV companies and tried to appeal to the beer drinking Friday night larikans and completly shunned all the fans it had built up from last year by putting the games exclusively on fridays. its a shame the organisers of GRR couldn't forsee what was clearly obvious that half the crowd from last year wouldn't turn up. By the time GRR finishes we will be the laughing stock of Australian Rugby and we will have even the Rebels fans laughing in our faces.

What really annoyed me is the amount of kids half asleep on their chairs or parents laps, it was a huge shame, these kids had come all this way to watch their team and couldn't even stay up to see the end of the game. Lots of people complaining.

Anyone who still thinks every game should be exclusively on Fridays is a Trojan Horse imposter, an east coast shill working for RugbyAustralia to help eradicate the Force once and for all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Marketing seems to be poor, but I'm not really wired into mainstream TV , newspaper and radio anymore. Too much garbage from one bloke with a mike and noise grabs, last year they got the message and had the live band in the corner who were awesome when they found their mojo. The pregames are a spectacle, but they should have booked Birds of Tokyo, Wolfmother etc to kick it off like last year.

They need to do a marketing/package reassessment. They seem to have taken a wrong turn
    Give it up mate, 17k turned up last year on a Sunday with absolutely no Birds of tokyo/ Wolfmother etc. Because it was at family friendly times on a family friendly weekend day. Most of last years saturday games clearly out rated the Friday attendances.

Last years Fiji game was an anomaly because it had a ridiculous amount of marketing and promotion to try and kick start the new WSR brand that was never going to be able to be continued. The advertising we are getting now is more than any Force game back in the SuperRugby games. Every morning all you hear on half the radio stations is adverts promoting the GRR games and it still didnt work because their core fanbase has been lost by a ridiculous fixture list created by a beer drinking hooligan.

A very good example is the fact we couldn't convince pretty much any juniors from the local club to come along on the Friday at 8pm to watch a rugby match. Half these kids will be playing rugby between 8am and 9am soon on Saturday mornings which makes late night Friday games even less attractive.

This is becoming really embarrassing. I am calling it now, you are actually TWAS under a different Alias because no knowledgable Force fan would continue to beat the Friday night drum despite all the evidence.. i think after tonight you concede defeat or else risk becoming TWFs resident parody.

Last edited by SPaRTAN; 29-03-19 at 22:54.

vCash
    Lots of squeaks from the peanut gallery! Silence is golden!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Are there any ads around town like last year? It's certainly missing the Nick Marvin touch. I wonder if Kim Welch may not necessarily be a natural sports admin guy but more of a business guy, so they might need to look at getting Nick to take a time-out from trying to run the whole GRR shebang and refocus on these Force games. Hopefully Nick is doing the same type of stuff for the GRR games outside of Perth as they did for last year's Fiji game- otherwise this series is going to fail as a "showcase."

I'm thinking the banter between the at-ground announcers could be a little less obnoxious-sounding, but otherwise I have no real qualm with them nor the various cam-gimmicks around the ground. Matter of fact, had a kid sitting next to me who was trying to get on camera every time it occurred, so I take it as fair enough that they're trying something different.

I wonder if, if they're that keen on trying to get these Friday night crowds, it might be worth teaming this up with a number of eateries in town? Dinner before the game, or late-night Chinatown feed afterwards as part of an all-in-one package?

It's a bit of a shame they're on such an off-mainstream channel like SBSVL, but free-to-air is still better than the other option. If they are not exclusively with Kayo, then are they still using Twitter? If they can use Twitter, then I think a Facebook and YouTube live-stream shouldn't be out of the question.

On the positive side, three of those Force tries (Dakuwaqa, Deegan, McGregor) were beautiful old-fashioned rugby movements, that's something that can be put in the highlights package and put in ads; it's getting a little rarer to see those types of tries in rugby union these days. The broadcast camera angle was a bit too close in, wouldn't mind being able to see more of the play. They should show a sweeping, wide-angle, one-camera replay of good tries after they've been scored; can really highlight the beauty of an ensemble play in rugby; especially during a time of "line-break, one-pass" or "phase-after-phase, crash-over-the-line" tries like we tend to see nowadays.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 30-03-19 at 18:01.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I have to say, that break down the right wing that ended up in the dakuwaqa try is the prettiest piece of rugby I've seen from any Australian side in 10 years.

That needs to form the centre of any promotions package

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Lots of squeaks from the peanut gallery! Silence is golden!
    The Force got as many fans last night, for an exhibition game against an unknown side, as does a Wallaby laden Rebel side vs another Wallaby laden Australian side in Super rugby.
    There were lots of kids loving the night and our carpark BBQ had lots of oldies that I have never seen before.

Back to GRR rugby rules, I warming to the no direct kicks into touch from inside your 22 rule. It means you have to run the ball out of your 22 or kick deep down the middle of the field and make the Opposition run back at your rapidly advancing defense line. But the ball is in play for longer.
    Andrew Deegan looked pretty good last night in both kicking and running. He is a fierce tackler as well.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Are there any ads around town like last year? ....
    There is a giant picture outside the Perth Train Station (behind the Red/Yellow CAT stop) with all the fixtures on it.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I don't buy the Friday night being the problem rubbish from the likes of Spartan who is clearly trying to 'I told you so' the situation based on his own incorrect prejudices. (How many pissed up CBD workers were at the game bud?)

The problem is we are playing against unknown teams in exhibition matches after the local religion 'AFL' is at its absolute peak after a premiership win.

Compound this with many long time supporters seemingly not being bothered to rock up to the games shoots us in the foot. Plenty of night games in the Subi days, but the crowds were huge. That's what we should be trying to replicate.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    There is also a giant ad at North Freo train station, facing up Stirling Hwy

Deegan showed all the traits required of a 10...running, passing, kicking, tackling

They need to get the live brass band back in the corner, and reduce canned music and microphone screaming. And think outside the box like above, cross pollination with local bars and restaurants etc. They also could kick off the season with another Wolfmother/Birds of Tokyo etc that appeals to a wider audience and can hook them in if the product is good.

Now is not the time to be thrifty, it's their sole opportunity to get this off the ground and they are mismanaging it

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I don't buy the Friday night being the problem rubbish from the likes of Spartan who is clearly trying to 'I told you so' the situation based on his own incorrect prejudices. (How many pissed up CBD workers were at the game bud?)

The problem is we are playing against unknown teams in exhibition matches after the local religion 'AFL' is at its absolute peak after a premiership win.

Compound this with many long time supporters seemingly not being bothered to rock up to the games shoots us in the foot. Plenty of night games in the Subi days, but the crowds were huge. That's what we should be trying to replicate.
    Thats exactly the problem, they have tried to appeal to the Friday night CBD crowd and they aren't even turning up these days so by alienating all the Mums and Dads and Juniors they have almost killed off the showcase series completely. If they have a Saturday night game around 6pm or a sunday afternoon game this year then mark my words, it will be the highest attended Force game this year, and I stand by those words, advertising or not. Heaps of mums and dads want to bring their kids or junior players to these games, that is the most clearly evident part of all this, but a significantly large amount of them are staying home because of the completely inconsiderate times they have these games on. This is the same complaint many made for years and years about Super Rugby and GRR is doing exactly the same thing that turned many fans off all these years ago. You will never repeat the Subi days with these fixture times. Last year all the Friday games were at 6:30pm too this year they are at almost 8pm.

Its pretty obvious what's happening and we can all put our heads in the sand together and slowly watch the competition die.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast