Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    RugbyWA are also hosting the little known NSW Women on the Sunday.
    Yes, true; but I was posting in the Western Australian Metro Rugby forum, so didn't feel the need to mention it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    lots of red cordial, the sun will prbly be shining, AND.... it’s ST PATRICKS DAY! WOOO HOOO! UP the Force!
    Well if it was pineapple cordial you could turn the Sea of Blue into a Sea of Green.....to be sure, to be sure

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Pre season trials mean nothing, as the old phrase goes. Coaches tinkering with personnel and positions, as well as playing style etc.

That said, methinks the new kids on the block might struggle, hence my original question.

This weekend we appear to have:
    Cott hosting Baysie
    UWA hosting Joondalup
    Neddies hosting Soaks and Wests
    S Lions & Kala
    Wanneroo & Paly
    ARKS internal
    Baysie hosting Irish & Geraldton
    Swan Suburbs hosting Kwinana
    Any news from the trials.
    I heard that last week a few teams like PB and Kala were down on numbers, only rumours of course, and that a couple of sides were surprised when they turned up to find players they expected to be signing for them in their opposition.
    Also heard one of the golden triangle has gone deep into the sponsors pockets to recruit after panic about not having much in Premier Grade, but nothing new there I guess.
    Colts numbers also way down across the board. Only six teams - is that right?
    I did hear there was a big name move from Wests to Paly, not necessarily a player, and Wests are having a problem with their council and their ground.
    Fulvio, how are Paly going in their fight to keep their clubrooms against the council wave park plans.
    All news/gossip/rumours gratefully received.

vCash
    Baysie's scrum got owned by Cott's. Cott accounted for Baysie comfortably.

Champion
    vCash
    Heard PB got owned by Roo Dogs last week too

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Any news from the trials.
    I heard that last week a few teams like PB and Kala were down on numbers, only rumours of course, and that a couple of sides were surprised when they turned up to find players they expected to be signing for them in their opposition.
    Also heard one of the golden triangle has gone deep into the sponsors pockets to recruit after panic about not having much in Premier Grade, but nothing new there I guess.
    Colts numbers also way down across the board. Only six teams - is that right?
    I did hear there was a big name move from Wests to Paly, not necessarily a player, and Wests are having a problem with their council and their ground.
    Fulvio, how are Paly going in their fight to keep their clubrooms against the council wave park plans.
    All news/gossip/rumours gratefully received.
    Wholetruth let me put you right re West’s. The person who now drinks on a Thursday night at Paly is our immediate Past President as he lives less than 600 metres away from their Clubrooms and having served on CRAIC knows a number of their older members, however he still supports West’s and was at Neddies today for our trial match with them. Re the Clubrooms and grounds, there are no issues, Stirling Council is currently working with an architect and the 3 Clubs who use the facilities to design new Clubrooms and work should start before next season, so where you are getting your info from, I’d find someone who can give you actual facts and not hearsay.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    Wholetruth let me put you right re West’s. The person who now drinks on a Thursday night at Paly is our immediate Past President as he lives less than 600 metres away from their Clubrooms and having served on CRAIC knows a number of their older members, however he still supports West’s and was at Neddies today for our trial match with them. Re the Clubrooms and grounds, there are no issues, Stirling Council is currently working with an architect and the 3 Clubs who use the facilities to design new Clubrooms and work should start before next season, so where you are getting your info from, I’d find someone who can give you actual facts and not hearsay.
    As I said. There is, as usual, a lot of pre-season gossip and rumour going around so good to get some facts. Tks for your input.
    How did the trials go?
    It would be good if others could give us some solid updates like yours.

vCash
    tahs Womens team are staying at Crowne in East Perth-been training on the Esplanade foreshore-nice spot! Have just had a chat with Ash Newsome (Walleroo retired) , great gal! Says they were all devo’d re the Force axing. Promised her the Force fans will be turning out in good numbers tomorrow for the game -so guys , don’t make a fool outta me! And no biting.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Ash Newsome (Walleroo retired) , great gal! Says they were all devo’d re the Force axing.

Mssrs Clyne, Pulver, North and the rest of the XXXX's said they were devastated by axing Force axing too.
    Sorry I bit!

vCash

ffs

Champion
    vCash
    WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT MAY OFFEND Word on the Street from an Insider is that Seven Mile, Darkness and Ken M have been covertly recorded holding high level clandestine meetings and that once feared mobster hitman Rumour Monger has also been linked to these talks but at the time of this press release that is yet to be confirmed, stay tuned as W Man conducts an inquiry and releases his findings.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I know nothing about how Palmyra are progressing, and have had very little to do with the club for many months, for various reasons, none having anything to do with the club itself or its membership. I wish them well, and may even catch a game or two later in the season.

I am however overwhelmingly disappointed at the way rugby is run in WA, and see no future for the sport.

I no longer have any heart or passion for it, and it is better that I fade away.

Champion
    vCash
    Someone tries to start a thread about club rugby and you come in with a shit post like that, give yourself an uppercut Fulvio.

I went down to Wests community junior club day today and all I saw was volunteer parents doing the best that they could do to get kids playing rugby.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I know nothing about how Palmyra are progressing, and have had very little to do with the club for many months, for various reasons, none having anything to do with the club itself or its membership. I wish them well, and may even catch a game or two later in the season.

I am however overwhelmingly disappointed at the way rugby is run in WA, and see no future for the sport.

I no longer have any heart or passion for it, and it is better that I fade away.
    Would love to hear your views on how rugby could be run better. Come to the AGM and let us know.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Would love to hear your views on how rugby could be run better. Come to the AGM and let us know.
    It would be nice if the RugbyWA site had some current content?
    Like fixtures for this year. Or last years fixtures/results re-labled as "2018 results" on the link, so you don't click on them and get confused looking to see when this season kicks off. maybe some news about how pre-season trials are going. the last thing on the "news" page is about a program that started in Feb 11th. That's weeks ago. surely there should be at least one new news item each week. Just to show the site has a heart beat, if nothing else?

I know many local clubs post stuff on their own sites and all. I enjoy my UWA Rugby Ruckus read when it comes. But what if I want an overall view of what's happening in WA Rugby.. .. tumble weeds and crickets.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast