Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    You had one job on Saturday and that was to get me premium parking, you failed so you are on my ignore list
    Sorry mate, but I was to busy watching the gulls destroy some boars

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    you are not Irish,per chance?

Champion
    vCash
    Can someone tell Dragonflea he is on my ignore list and has anyone heard from Ken M

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Can someone tell Dragonflea he is on my ignore list and has anyone heard from Ken M
    Well I’m clearly not on your ignore list because you’ve responded.

vCash
    I have been informed that the person who goes by the handle “SirRichie” on here is not Kim Short. I apologise for the assumption and to Kim for besmirching his name.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Once you've established what handle (or handles) Shorty uses in here you'll see those "SirRichie" posts aren't in his style/league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Once you've established what handle (or handles) Shorty uses in here you'll see those "SirRichie" posts aren't in his style/league
    Haven't seen him on here in ages.

Get me inside a boardroom and I'll get any decision I want

Champion
    vCash
    Not too much by the sound of things, got done 80 odd yesterday by Wanneroo yesterday who finished in 10th spot last season, reserve grade were uncontested scrums and Curtin have to play 5 of the clubs that made top 6 in a row to start the season, I'm predicting that by the time they face Neddies in round 5 who aren't exactly acclaimed for their kind compassion the white flag will be run up.

This will be very messy ,not much thought has gone into this.
    At the end of round 4 Curtin Uni across 3 grades have conceded 972 points and scored 38 points for an average game score of 81-3 each game, can anyone tell me how has this helped club rugby.
    At a time when there is a recession in town and players have left to either work interstate or head North and numbers are down even more than last year the grand plan to give everyone a participation medal has failed miserably.
    Established clubs are bleeding and I've heard a few of them have held crisis meetings recently and are sailing very close to the wind and yet RWA seem content to quite happily continue down this path.
    I get that Curtin are celebrating a milestone this year and are full of like minded rugby people who love the game but it can't be too enjoyable for them either getting absolutely pumped every week with worse to come.
    Curtin's lack of depth will be exposed even more as the season wears on and I bloody well hope they realise that when they have to push a social player up that came down just for a few beers and jog around with his mates that it's only going to take one decent big hit from a genuine premier player on that guy to do some serious serious damage.
    I hope that some common sense prevails before that happens.
    Again I will say not much thought has gone into this and has very real potential to cause damage that could so easily have been avoided.
    I hope someone has crossed their T's and dotted their I's.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    At the end of round 4 Curtin Uni across 3 grades have conceded 972 points and scored 38 points for an average game score of 81-3 each game, can anyone tell me how has this helped club rugby.
    At a time when there is a recession in town and players have left to either work interstate or head North and numbers are down even more than last year the grand plan to give everyone a participation medal has failed miserably.
    Established clubs are bleeding and I've heard a few of them have held crisis meetings recently and are sailing very close to the wind and yet RWA seem content to quite happily continue down this path.
    I get that Curtin are celebrating a milestone this year and are full of like minded rugby people who love the game but it can't be too enjoyable for them either getting absolutely pumped every week with worse to come.
    Curtin's lack of depth will be exposed even more as the season wears on and I bloody well hope they realise that when they have to push a social player up that came down just for a few beers and jog around with his mates that it's only going to take one decent big hit from a genuine premier player on that guy to do some serious serious damage.
    I hope that some common sense prevails before that happens.
    Again I will say not much thought has gone into this and has very real potential to cause damage that could so easily have been avoided.
    I hope someone has crossed their T's and dotted their I's.
    Agree westie. It can’t be good for them and it definitely is not good for the competition. I am at Kala and we struggled for numbers early on. Last year we fielded 4 teams of seniors this year 3.

To say the least finances are tight. But then when have they not been for us, we make do and get on with it.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Agree westie. It can’t be good for them and it definitely is not good for the competition. I am at Kala and we struggled for numbers early on. Last year we fielded 4 teams of seniors this year 3.

To say the least finances are tight. But then when have they not been for us, we make do and get on with it.
    the hurt will continue this weekend with neddies 2s and3s underfeated and the 1s pulled apart arks in the first 40.The competition needs to shrink to keep longevity and quality.The standard of 2nd grade rugby has dropped considerably.Bight the bullet and send Curtain down to 2s before it destroys there club and if they get to a point to be competitive again at prems level.All clubs need to start working together on how we can improve the comp because there are a lot of average teams.

vCash
    Devil's Advocate:
    Scenario 1
    Paly can't put together a 3rds, but put a 4ths out each week.
    Curtin is struggling at their new grades Prem - 3rds.
    Paly & Curtin amalgamate/combine.

Scenario 2
    Curtin & Perth Irish combine & see what that can develop.

If nothing else, the post game at home would be worth hanging around for.

<stands back and watches the discussion>

Rookie
    vCash
    How are Paly allowed to do that ?

Prem clubs must field
    Prem, Res, thirds ?

Paly to community cup?

QUOTE=Ecky;466917]Devil's Advocate:
    Scenario 1
    Paly can't put together a 3rds, but put a 4ths out each week.
    Curtin is struggling at their new grades Prem - 3rds.
    Paly & Curtin amalgamate/combine.

Scenario 2
    Curtin & Perth Irish combine & see what that can develop.

If nothing else, the post game at home would be worth hanging around for.

<stands back and watches the discussion>[/QUOTE]

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    the hurt will continue this weekend with neddies 2s and3s underfeated and the 1s pulled apart arks in the first 40.The competition needs to shrink to keep longevity and quality.The standard of 2nd grade rugby has dropped considerably.Bight the bullet and send Curtain down to 2s before it destroys there club and if they get to a point to be competitive again at prems level.All clubs need to start working together on how we can improve the comp because there are a lot of average teams.
    well well well lads (Bally, Sandgroperrugby and westies man) as positive as you all are about the state of rugby in the premier grade and in WA in general (over many years), it seems we do not agree.

Please educate me why Curtin is bad for the comp? do we lower the standards too much? is it for our pride? is it for our safety? I remember back to when we had this same conversation couple of years ago about Joondalup.

To address Westie - I can't wait for my participation medal (can you present it?) and can you elaborate further on "Established clubs are bleeding and I've heard a few of them have held crisis meetings recently and are sailing very close to the wind and yet RWA seem content to quite happily continue down this path" - this seems like someone doesn't have deep enough pockets (for what ever it is you need all this money for) - i.e. champagne dreams, lemonade money

To address Sandgroper - Why aren't we good for the comp and why would a bye be so much better?

and finally Bally - Neddies had a very good first 40 against Arks (they really did), but what happened in the second half? I don't get your point about working together to improve the comp, is this a "with less teams there will be more money to buy guys in" thing? (because there is very little WA talent - in our code)

I personally, am having a blast this year (genuine). The scores have not been flattering, but to me scorelines do not matter as much as the manner they are created. I'm ready for a long and arduous season, i'm pumped, and the more you guys whinge about us bringing "your" comp down, the more I want to smash you all - Jokes - maybe

Drunken rant over - btw, any of you guys (not just those listed in this post) are welcome to find me after a game (you know who I am) and talk rugby or literally anything.

*Edit - I woke up this morning and was going to delete this post, but I am genuinely intrigued regarding some of the answers that I may get. I know nothing about how to run/build rugby in any place let alone a remote place such as Perth, but making the comp smaller just doesn't make any sense to me. Can you also tell me if you supported axing the force/cheetahs/kings from super rugby and the future axing of the Sunwolves - do you think this has/will help?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BillyGOAT; 29-04-19 at 07:10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGOAT View Post
    btw, any of you guys (not just those listed in this post) are welcome to find me after a game (you know who I am) and talk rugby or literally anything.
    Thanks mate - nice to have chatted last Saturday; rugby, parenthood v babysitting... - see you next time

vCash
    At one stage Premier grade clubs were required to be able to field a colts side weren't they?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast