Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 156

Thread: Season 2019

  1. #106
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    5002000
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    You had one job on Saturday and that was to get me premium parking, you failed so you are on my ignore list
    Sorry mate, but I was to busy watching the gulls destroy some boars

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #107
    Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wembley
    Posts
    7,427
    vCash
    5340000
    141 Club Award TWF Contributor!
    you are not Irish,per chance?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #108
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    5030000
    Can someone tell Dragonflea he is on my ignore list and has anyone heard from Ken M

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  4. #109
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    5002000
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Can someone tell Dragonflea he is on my ignore list and has anyone heard from Ken M
    Well Iím clearly not on your ignore list because youíve responded.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #110
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,712
    vCash
    5414000
    TWF Contributor!
    I have been informed that the person who goes by the handle “SirRichie” on here is not Kim Short. I apologise for the assumption and to Kim for besmirching his name.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  6. #111
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,692
    vCash
    5294000
    Once you've established what handle (or handles) Shorty uses in here you'll see those "SirRichie" posts aren't in his style/league

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #112
    Apprentice sack & crac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Cottesloe
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Once you've established what handle (or handles) Shorty uses in here you'll see those "SirRichie" posts aren't in his style/league
    Haven't seen him on here in ages.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Get me inside a boardroom and I'll get any decision I want

  8. #113
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    5030000
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Not too much by the sound of things, got done 80 odd yesterday by Wanneroo yesterday who finished in 10th spot last season, reserve grade were uncontested scrums and Curtin have to play 5 of the clubs that made top 6 in a row to start the season, I'm predicting that by the time they face Neddies in round 5 who aren't exactly acclaimed for their kind compassion the white flag will be run up.

    This will be very messy ,not much thought has gone into this.
    At the end of round 4 Curtin Uni across 3 grades have conceded 972 points and scored 38 points for an average game score of 81-3 each game, can anyone tell me how has this helped club rugby.
    At a time when there is a recession in town and players have left to either work interstate or head North and numbers are down even more than last year the grand plan to give everyone a participation medal has failed miserably.
    Established clubs are bleeding and I've heard a few of them have held crisis meetings recently and are sailing very close to the wind and yet RWA seem content to quite happily continue down this path.
    I get that Curtin are celebrating a milestone this year and are full of like minded rugby people who love the game but it can't be too enjoyable for them either getting absolutely pumped every week with worse to come.
    Curtin's lack of depth will be exposed even more as the season wears on and I bloody well hope they realise that when they have to push a social player up that came down just for a few beers and jog around with his mates that it's only going to take one decent big hit from a genuine premier player on that guy to do some serious serious damage.
    I hope that some common sense prevails before that happens.
    Again I will say not much thought has gone into this and has very real potential to cause damage that could so easily have been avoided.
    I hope someone has crossed their T's and dotted their I's.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  9. #114
    Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wattle Grove
    Posts
    1,931
    vCash
    5372000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    At the end of round 4 Curtin Uni across 3 grades have conceded 972 points and scored 38 points for an average game score of 81-3 each game, can anyone tell me how has this helped club rugby.
    At a time when there is a recession in town and players have left to either work interstate or head North and numbers are down even more than last year the grand plan to give everyone a participation medal has failed miserably.
    Established clubs are bleeding and I've heard a few of them have held crisis meetings recently and are sailing very close to the wind and yet RWA seem content to quite happily continue down this path.
    I get that Curtin are celebrating a milestone this year and are full of like minded rugby people who love the game but it can't be too enjoyable for them either getting absolutely pumped every week with worse to come.
    Curtin's lack of depth will be exposed even more as the season wears on and I bloody well hope they realise that when they have to push a social player up that came down just for a few beers and jog around with his mates that it's only going to take one decent big hit from a genuine premier player on that guy to do some serious serious damage.
    I hope that some common sense prevails before that happens.
    Again I will say not much thought has gone into this and has very real potential to cause damage that could so easily have been avoided.
    I hope someone has crossed their T's and dotted their I's.
    Agree westie. It canít be good for them and it definitely is not good for the competition. I am at Kala and we struggled for numbers early on. Last year we fielded 4 teams of seniors this year 3.

    To say the least finances are tight. But then when have they not been for us, we make do and get on with it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you arenít learning much if your lips are moving!!!

  10. #115
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Padbury
    Posts
    136
    vCash
    5100000
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Agree westie. It canít be good for them and it definitely is not good for the competition. I am at Kala and we struggled for numbers early on. Last year we fielded 4 teams of seniors this year 3.

    To say the least finances are tight. But then when have they not been for us, we make do and get on with it.
    the hurt will continue this weekend with neddies 2s and3s underfeated and the 1s pulled apart arks in the first 40.The competition needs to shrink to keep longevity and quality.The standard of 2nd grade rugby has dropped considerably.Bight the bullet and send Curtain down to 2s before it destroys there club and if they get to a point to be competitive again at prems level.All clubs need to start working together on how we can improve the comp because there are a lot of average teams.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #116
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,692
    vCash
    5294000
    Devil's Advocate:
    Scenario 1
    Paly can't put together a 3rds, but put a 4ths out each week.
    Curtin is struggling at their new grades Prem - 3rds.
    Paly & Curtin amalgamate/combine.

    Scenario 2
    Curtin & Perth Irish combine & see what that can develop.

    If nothing else, the post game at home would be worth hanging around for.

    <stands back and watches the discussion>

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #117
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    45
    vCash
    5330000
    How are Paly allowed to do that ?

    Prem clubs must field
    Prem, Res, thirds ?

    Paly to community cup?

    QUOTE=Ecky;466917]Devil's Advocate:
    Scenario 1
    Paly can't put together a 3rds, but put a 4ths out each week.
    Curtin is struggling at their new grades Prem - 3rds.
    Paly & Curtin amalgamate/combine.

    Scenario 2
    Curtin & Perth Irish combine & see what that can develop.

    If nothing else, the post game at home would be worth hanging around for.

    <stands back and watches the discussion>[/QUOTE]

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #118
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    81
    vCash
    5100000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    the hurt will continue this weekend with neddies 2s and3s underfeated and the 1s pulled apart arks in the first 40.The competition needs to shrink to keep longevity and quality.The standard of 2nd grade rugby has dropped considerably.Bight the bullet and send Curtain down to 2s before it destroys there club and if they get to a point to be competitive again at prems level.All clubs need to start working together on how we can improve the comp because there are a lot of average teams.
    well well well lads (Bally, Sandgroperrugby and westies man) as positive as you all are about the state of rugby in the premier grade and in WA in general (over many years), it seems we do not agree.

    Please educate me why Curtin is bad for the comp? do we lower the standards too much? is it for our pride? is it for our safety? I remember back to when we had this same conversation couple of years ago about Joondalup.

    To address Westie - I can't wait for my participation medal (can you present it?) and can you elaborate further on "Established clubs are bleeding and I've heard a few of them have held crisis meetings recently and are sailing very close to the wind and yet RWA seem content to quite happily continue down this path" - this seems like someone doesn't have deep enough pockets (for what ever it is you need all this money for) - i.e. champagne dreams, lemonade money

    To address Sandgroper - Why aren't we good for the comp and why would a bye be so much better?

    and finally Bally - Neddies had a very good first 40 against Arks (they really did), but what happened in the second half? I don't get your point about working together to improve the comp, is this a "with less teams there will be more money to buy guys in" thing? (because there is very little WA talent - in our code)

    I personally, am having a blast this year (genuine). The scores have not been flattering, but to me scorelines do not matter as much as the manner they are created. I'm ready for a long and arduous season, i'm pumped, and the more you guys whinge about us bringing "your" comp down, the more I want to smash you all - Jokes - maybe

    Drunken rant over - btw, any of you guys (not just those listed in this post) are welcome to find me after a game (you know who I am) and talk rugby or literally anything.

    *Edit - I woke up this morning and was going to delete this post, but I am genuinely intrigued regarding some of the answers that I may get. I know nothing about how to run/build rugby in any place let alone a remote place such as Perth, but making the comp smaller just doesn't make any sense to me. Can you also tell me if you supported axing the force/cheetahs/kings from super rugby and the future axing of the Sunwolves - do you think this has/will help?

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BillyGOAT; 29-04-19 at 07:10.

  14. #119
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,692
    vCash
    5294000
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGOAT View Post
    btw, any of you guys (not just those listed in this post) are welcome to find me after a game (you know who I am) and talk rugby or literally anything.
    Thanks mate - nice to have chatted last Saturday; rugby, parenthood v babysitting... - see you next time

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #120
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,761
    vCash
    5358000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    At one stage Premier grade clubs were required to be able to field a colts side weren't they?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bledisloe Cup 2019
    By Greydemon in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-06-19, 09:10
  2. 2019 Six Nations: Everything you need to know
    By The InnFORCEr in forum International Rugby
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-19, 11:00
  3. Rebels add Waratahs duo for 2019
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Melbourne Rebels
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 25-09-18, 22:14
  4. Venues announced for RWC 2019
    By beige in forum Rugby World Cup
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-15, 09:17
  5. RWC 2015 and 2019 bid shenanigans.
    By travelling_gerry in forum Rugby World Cup
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-07-09, 22:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •