Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 112

Thread: Season 2019

  1. #16
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,664
    vCash
    5112000
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    RugbyWA are also hosting the little known NSW Women on the Sunday.
    Yes, true; but I was posting in the Western Australian Metro Rugby forum, so didn't feel the need to mention it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #17
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,454
    vCash
    5134000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    lots of red cordial, the sun will prbly be shining, AND.... it’s ST PATRICKS DAY! WOOO HOOO! UP the Force!
    Well if it was pineapple cordial you could turn the Sea of Blue into a Sea of Green.....to be sure, to be sure

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  3. #18
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,605
    vCash
    5062000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Pre season trials mean nothing, as the old phrase goes. Coaches tinkering with personnel and positions, as well as playing style etc.

    That said, methinks the new kids on the block might struggle, hence my original question.

    This weekend we appear to have:
    Cott hosting Baysie
    UWA hosting Joondalup
    Neddies hosting Soaks and Wests
    S Lions & Kala
    Wanneroo & Paly
    ARKS internal
    Baysie hosting Irish & Geraldton
    Swan Suburbs hosting Kwinana
    Any news from the trials.
    I heard that last week a few teams like PB and Kala were down on numbers, only rumours of course, and that a couple of sides were surprised when they turned up to find players they expected to be signing for them in their opposition.
    Also heard one of the golden triangle has gone deep into the sponsors pockets to recruit after panic about not having much in Premier Grade, but nothing new there I guess.
    Colts numbers also way down across the board. Only six teams - is that right?
    I did hear there was a big name move from Wests to Paly, not necessarily a player, and Wests are having a problem with their council and their ground.
    Fulvio, how are Paly going in their fight to keep their clubrooms against the council wave park plans.
    All news/gossip/rumours gratefully received.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #19
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,664
    vCash
    5112000
    Baysie's scrum got owned by Cott's. Cott accounted for Baysie comfortably.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #20
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,605
    vCash
    5062000
    Heard PB got owned by Roo Dogs last week too

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Como
    Posts
    60
    vCash
    5004000
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Any news from the trials.
    I heard that last week a few teams like PB and Kala were down on numbers, only rumours of course, and that a couple of sides were surprised when they turned up to find players they expected to be signing for them in their opposition.
    Also heard one of the golden triangle has gone deep into the sponsors pockets to recruit after panic about not having much in Premier Grade, but nothing new there I guess.
    Colts numbers also way down across the board. Only six teams - is that right?
    I did hear there was a big name move from Wests to Paly, not necessarily a player, and Wests are having a problem with their council and their ground.
    Fulvio, how are Paly going in their fight to keep their clubrooms against the council wave park plans.
    All news/gossip/rumours gratefully received.
    Wholetruth let me put you right re West’s. The person who now drinks on a Thursday night at Paly is our immediate Past President as he lives less than 600 metres away from their Clubrooms and having served on CRAIC knows a number of their older members, however he still supports West’s and was at Neddies today for our trial match with them. Re the Clubrooms and grounds, there are no issues, Stirling Council is currently working with an architect and the 3 Clubs who use the facilities to design new Clubrooms and work should start before next season, so where you are getting your info from, I’d find someone who can give you actual facts and not hearsay.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #22
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,605
    vCash
    5062000
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    Wholetruth let me put you right re West’s. The person who now drinks on a Thursday night at Paly is our immediate Past President as he lives less than 600 metres away from their Clubrooms and having served on CRAIC knows a number of their older members, however he still supports West’s and was at Neddies today for our trial match with them. Re the Clubrooms and grounds, there are no issues, Stirling Council is currently working with an architect and the 3 Clubs who use the facilities to design new Clubrooms and work should start before next season, so where you are getting your info from, I’d find someone who can give you actual facts and not hearsay.
    As I said. There is, as usual, a lot of pre-season gossip and rumour going around so good to get some facts. Tks for your input.
    How did the trials go?
    It would be good if others could give us some solid updates like yours.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #23
    Champion valzc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Shenton Park
    Posts
    2,349
    vCash
    5180000
    tahs Womens team are staying at Crowne in East Perth-been training on the Esplanade foreshore-nice spot! Have just had a chat with Ash Newsome (Walleroo retired) , great gal! Says they were all devo’d re the Force axing. Promised her the Force fans will be turning out in good numbers tomorrow for the game -so guys , don’t make a fool outta me! And no biting.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #24
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,605
    vCash
    5062000
    Ash Newsome (Walleroo retired) , great gal! Says they were all devo’d re the Force axing.

    Mssrs Clyne, Pulver, North and the rest of the XXXX's said they were devastated by axing Force axing too.
    Sorry I bit!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #25
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,664
    vCash
    5112000


    ffs

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #26
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    5018000
    WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT MAY OFFEND Word on the Street from an Insider is that Seven Mile, Darkness and Ken M have been covertly recorded holding high level clandestine meetings and that once feared mobster hitman Rumour Monger has also been linked to these talks but at the time of this press release that is yet to be confirmed, stay tuned as W Man conducts an inquiry and releases his findings.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  12. #27
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,295
    vCash
    5042000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    I know nothing about how Palmyra are progressing, and have had very little to do with the club for many months, for various reasons, none having anything to do with the club itself or its membership. I wish them well, and may even catch a game or two later in the season.

    I am however overwhelmingly disappointed at the way rugby is run in WA, and see no future for the sport.

    I no longer have any heart or passion for it, and it is better that I fade away.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #28
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    5018000
    Someone tries to start a thread about club rugby and you come in with a shit post like that, give yourself an uppercut Fulvio.


    I went down to Wests community junior club day today and all I saw was volunteer parents doing the best that they could do to get kids playing rugby.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  14. #29
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,591
    vCash
    5178000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I know nothing about how Palmyra are progressing, and have had very little to do with the club for many months, for various reasons, none having anything to do with the club itself or its membership. I wish them well, and may even catch a game or two later in the season.

    I am however overwhelmingly disappointed at the way rugby is run in WA, and see no future for the sport.

    I no longer have any heart or passion for it, and it is better that I fade away.
    Would love to hear your views on how rugby could be run better. Come to the AGM and let us know.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  15. #30
    Senior Player antiussentiment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Noranda
    Posts
    523
    vCash
    5016000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Would love to hear your views on how rugby could be run better. Come to the AGM and let us know.
    It would be nice if the RugbyWA site had some current content?
    Like fixtures for this year. Or last years fixtures/results re-labled as "2018 results" on the link, so you don't click on them and get confused looking to see when this season kicks off. maybe some news about how pre-season trials are going. the last thing on the "news" page is about a program that started in Feb 11th. That's weeks ago. surely there should be at least one new news item each week. Just to show the site has a heart beat, if nothing else?

    I know many local clubs post stuff on their own sites and all. I enjoy my UWA Rugby Ruckus read when it comes. But what if I want an overall view of what's happening in WA Rugby.. .. tumble weeds and crickets.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Six Nations: Everything you need to know
    By The InnFORCEr in forum International Rugby
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-19, 11:00
  2. Rebels add Waratahs duo for 2019
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Melbourne Rebels
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 25-09-18, 22:14
  3. Bledisloe Cup 2019
    By Greydemon in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 28-07-18, 18:40
  4. Venues announced for RWC 2019
    By beige in forum Rugby World Cup
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-15, 09:17
  5. RWC 2015 and 2019 bid shenanigans.
    By travelling_gerry in forum Rugby World Cup
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-07-09, 22:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •