Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Australian rugby outstripped by rival sports as Super Rugby struggles for visibility

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    The Telstra deal is part of the current TV deal between the FFA and Foxtel (Telstra owns 35% of Foxtel). So the $ are out there for everyone to see in the current deal.
    Yeah, those are some bland statements, man.

So the 'tel' in Foxtel comes from Telstra, eh. When did that happen, 1995?

The "don't know dollar one" comment means you have no data ... no numbers for how many viewers are watching these games on the app.

If you genuinely manage to dig some out, though, then I'll happily give you dollar one. How about that!

Be even better if this sort of data was regularly published for the amateur analysts among us. Maybe that will eventually occur - who knows.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I don’t know if they do separate ratings like they do in the UK for time delay channels which Sky have with their multiple +1 channels and I believe they do separate ratings for those who watch broadcasts on players such as the BBC iPlayer.

The tv ratings in Australia do have a flaw as it is based upon the largest five capital cities so it excludes other capitals and major population centres like Townsville, Newcastle, Gold Coast, Albury-Wodonga, etc.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN
    ...I'm struggling to follow you...
    Never a truer words spoken

In fact I am astounded at the clarity and self awareness on display from a poster renowned for being a numbskull knitwit

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I think you're getting into the realms of fantasy now Corporal Jones.
    Looks like AFLX outrated Super Rugby (granted it's a low bar to pass clear)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Looks like AFLX outrated Super Rugby (granted it's a low bar to pass clear)
    That's pretty surprising even considering all that's happened. Had a yak to X yesterday and he reckoned I've been missing out on some excellent SR matches. I'd lasted about 5 minutes giving AFLX a go when I made that comment. Didn't think much of it and the crowd seemed pretty quiet too. Was reading that the NRL is more than a little worried that the Allstars match ratings were down 23%. With the off-season scandals they've had - again - there's a hint that fans are dropping off. They were the only code to lift ratings last season and pipped the AFL - according to Roy masters.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    That's pretty surprising even considering all that's happened. Had a yak to X yesterday and he reckoned I've been missing out on some excellent SR matches. I'd lasted about 5 minutes giving AFLX a go when I made that comment. Didn't think much of it and the crowd seemed pretty quiet too. Was reading that the NRL is more than a little worried that the Allstars match ratings were down 23%. With the off-season scandals they've had - again - there's a hint that fans are dropping off. They were the only code to lift ratings last season and pipped the AFL - according to Roy masters.
    Looking at the Fox Sports feed, there have been some crackers!

Brums apparently flogged the Chiefs, that will be worth watching
    Sunwolves nearly took the win away from the Tahs, that would be funny to see
    Stormers apparently had a massive comeback this weekend

Shame nobody's watching, I've been having a bit of a look at 6 nations, but not seriously, just waiting for Live Pro rugby to start again.

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    6 Nations has been excellent to watch. The Wales v England is one of the best matches I have seen in a couple of years. Wales scored after 35 phases to win the match.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I watched the Crusaders have their game against the Hurricanes wrapped up by half time. I watched 5 minutes either side of half time in the Sunwolves vs Waratahs before I decided going to Carousel shopping centre to wander aimlessly to spend a gift voucher would be more fun than watching Super Rugby. I did forget to change the Foxtel channel so the Brumbies vs Chiefs was on while I had an afternoon nap but I went out at half time so didn't see the end result until a mate texted me later that night. The full game of the Crusaders vs Hurricanes probably means I've already watched more Super Rugby this year than I did last year.

I did watch 5-10 minutes of the AFLX when I got home Friday and thought it was awful from start to finish, from the "rock, paper, scissors" instead of a coin toss with the scripted excitement over winning the "rock off" as the commentators called it. The rip off of the NBA with the players told to wear what they wanted to arrive at the ground (saw that via Fox Sports news though). It seems like such a manufactured product for a market that doesn't need it.

I probably watched most of the first half of the All Stars NRL game but it was scrappy and I did a few things around the house in the second half. The left edge combo of Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr excited me the most being a NSW supporter.

I haven't see any 6 nations this year outside of results on a Sunday/Monday morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    6 Nations has been excellent to watch. The Wales v England is one of the best matches I have seen in a couple of years. Wales scored after 35 phases to win the match.
    I agree, it has been great. The England v Ireland game was a good match too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    England v Wales was a great game and having seen how both teams played I honestly think they would tear the Wallabies a new one!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Looking at the Fox Sports feed, there have been some crackers!

Brums apparently flogged the Chiefs, that will be worth watching
    Sunwolves nearly took the win away from the Tahs, that would be funny to see
    Stormers apparently had a massive comeback this weekend

Shame nobody's watching, I've been having a bit of a look at 6 nations, but not seriously, just waiting for Live Pro rugby to start again.
    You wouldn't know about how good any of the games are from the Monday night wrap on One. For the last couple of years, One have run a reasonable highlights package (60 minutes, with 5-10 minutes per game) that gave you a good feel about how the game ebbed and flowed.

Now they have a programme called Super Rugby Wrap, which last week was mainly Stephen Hoiles and Drew Mitchell giving their opinions of the game, interspersed with about 30 seconds of "highlights" (the highlights mainly being the action of touching the ball down over the line, rather than even 10 seconds of play before that). Oh, and a 10 minute segment with Genia & Cooper asking self-congratulatory questions to each other about how much they enjoyed playing together.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I was talking about the fox sports mailing list actually, but you've accurately described one of the reasons I don't subscribe to foxtel any more

C'mon the

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4