Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MASSIVE GRR News!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    At a minimum, they should be made to remove that exact GRR logo from the facebook profile.

Wouldn't want to get too precious about it all, though.

It's just a fan account talking about the game and the comp - which is what you want to see.
    A pretty decent one too, it seems to have more information on it than the official Facebook page.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Most definitely Kiap, which is why I suggested it be a friendly whipping, at least as friendly as a whipping can be

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    SPaRTAN...I suggest you go back and read some of the early announcements.

There was going to be around 20 Marque players when there were at least 8 teams.
    Minderoo was to pay for the Marque players.

Each team has the ability to select as many OS players as they wish and could afford.

An average of even 2 Marque players per team and 8-10 OS players per team (remember that the target was for 8 teams) would have resulted in close to the initial 100 OS players while allowing each squad to still have >50% local talent.

Jeremy Thrush was considered the 4th best Lock in NZ in 2015 (the RWC year). That makes him a very good player who played well in the UK. I suggest that he's fitted well into the WF squad/player group. A well-capped All Black certainly qualifies as a Marque player with me.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 24-01-19 at 09:02.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Fair enough, that sounds like a much better mix. Atleast teams will properly develop.

And Jeremy Thrush is definitely not a marquee player, the guy could barely make the All Blacks. He was a solid Hurricanes player at best, I really hope we get a better marquee than that, someone who is world class who can attract the fans. And no more Peter Grant please, he is at the point where he needs a walking stick to move.
    Disagree, Not only do I rate both players but the experience they bring and can/will pass on will pay dividends for the future of the Force.

Last thing I want to see is short-term thinking, bringing in journey men and having no real core to the team.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Nauru joins GGR competition.

Twiggy does another deal with Scott Morrison.

Scott gets a year's supply of baseball caps and Twiggy pays no taxes for another 20 years.

Fair all round. and athletic refugees get to come to Australia on sporting visas.

I think I was closer to the money than the lot of you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Have they been chastised for their announcement Alison? A friendly whipping may be in order
    The GRR people have been trying to find out who’s behind the page so they can tell them to cease and desist.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The GRR people have been trying to find out who’s behind the page so they can tell them to cease and desist.
    Could be a mistake, in my opinion.

• Yes, tell them they cannot infringe in the use of the GRR logo (or other rights-restricted material).
    • Yes, tell them to identify as a fan site, differentiated from the official site ... etc

However to shut down and force a "cease and desist" on all that posting and comment could be seen as high-handed and arrogant - if that is indeed what you're suggesting is the aim. Shades of the very thing we accuse RA of ... closing down an outlet for rugby fans.

Let's not forget WSR operated with the words "World" and "Rugby" for a season before coming into line with WR. This facebook fan page seems largely positive.

Should be able to get them into line without crushing 'em.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kiap; 22-01-19 at 22:36.

Senior Player
    vCash
    The other lesson here is that nature abhors a vacuum.

If Rapid Rugby are generating zero information and updates for interested fans, then others will start to fill that niche.

Sure, I realise the need for commercial confidentiality during this delicate time of trying to get the comp off the ground. I'm sure Hodgo and his team are working their arses off on that behind the scenes ... so this fan news stuff is not the #1 priority right now.

But soon enough there'll be a need to get something out there to regain the lost momentum.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Western force tried to do similar to TWF back in the day... In retrospect, I can't say I really blame them

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    In retrospect, I can't say I really blame them
    heheh

Would have saved a lot of key tappin' into the ether, too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    Could be a mistake, in my opinion.

• Yes, tell them they cannot infringe in the use of the GRR logo (or other rights-restricted material).
    • Yes, tell them to identify as a fan site, differentiated from the official site ... etc

However to shut down and force a "cease and desist" on all that posting and comment could be seen as high-handed and arrogant - if that is indeed what you're suggesting is the aim. Shades of the very thing we accuse RA of ... closing down an outlet for rugby fans.

Let's not forget WSR operated with the words "World" and "Rugby" for a season before coming into line with WR. This facebook fan page seems largely positive.

Should be able to get them into line without crushing 'em.
    Sorry, didn’t mean shut the site down or anything like that. I think it was the post about an announcement coming in 24 to 48 hours that was the issue, plus the fact that the site looks like it’s the official site when it isn’t at all.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sorry, didn’t mean shut the site down or anything like that. I think it was the post about an announcement coming in 24 to 48 hours that was the issue, plus the fact that the site looks like it’s the official site when it isn’t at all.
    Yep, fair enough.

Reckon it was a a bit of piss take on the RA's 48-72 hours ... followed by ....

nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3