Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Green and gold rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    So, do brand new threads like this one make our site worth reading?

There are rugby sites I don't bother with. I just don't log on. If you don't like G&GR then don't log on. All this bitterness becomes wearisome.
    500 views and 30 posts later, maybe this is actually what people want to read, people exposing the pathetic rugby journalism in this country that has infested and infected all the seemingly impartial unbiased fan and news websites... only Alan Jones , and at one stage Wayne Smith were calling it how it is... these pathetic "fan" sites that act as mouthpieces for RA need to be called out for exactly what they are, pathetic and a let down to all the loyal fans, and an insult to all the fans that have left the sport altogether, until they start talking from the perspective of the people they deserve nothing but condemnation from people like us.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    G&G is Matt Rowley’s website as far as I can recall. He needs to gain control of the forums. The comment section on the articles seem to be moderated differently. He should be the only person to address the forums and review the bans.

He rarely posts on it and most of the articles are written by fans who do it as hobby. Only a few who are trying to start a career as a journalist post articles.

As for the NRC it does work for WA, Brumbies and the QRU as they have taken control of their sides. With coach and player development. The others have identity issues. NSW Country I do have some empathy for as they have been caught amongst Sydney based politics. Them hosting games in Coogee and Woolahra in the early days was just stupid. If they had been left alone they may have had country based players in their squad.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    500 views and 30 posts later, maybe this is actually what people want to read, .

OF the 30 posts you have written 13 of them, people keep on coming back to what sort of trainwreck you are going to write next.

It seems your moronic stupidity knows no bounds. I will try and keep it simple for you. I don't like my chances. There is a real chance you won't understand what I am going to say.

At the moment TWF is being visited by about 35 regular people. Only 15 or so are posting of a regular basis and of that. there are maybe 6-8 of those posters who feel the need to whinge and bitch and whine about everything. Lets call this group the Chicken Littles.

The Chicken Littles will find away to complain about RugbyAustralia in each and every thread (well except the Birthdays) on a good day they will include the Salary Cap of the Rebels and complain about that too.

When that doesn't work - the Chicken Littles will find a news article. It may or not mention the Force. If it does they will complain about something. If it doesn't mention the Force. They will complain about that. The thing about our how grown group of Chicken Littles is that they support each other, back up each others whinging. Feed off of it. The thing about it is. Its been going for so long that they probably dont ever realise that they are doing it. The Chicken Littles are the ones that suggested that we all boycott the Bledisloe at Optus Stadium. And they told each other they were right. In the meantime the Bledisloe sold out. And the Chicken Littles will be sitting at home.

Now you might remember the 35plus people I mentioned. They are waiting. Waiting for the very loud and insistent voices of the Chicken Littles of TWF to stop whinging about shit and go back to supporting the Western Force. To talk about Rugby and all of the good things Andrew Forrest and Hodgo have done for us. Once the 35 find their voice. Others will return. And we will get to say Happy Birthday to them as well.

Happy New Year.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    I don't quite see it like that.

In some ways you're right ... posters (of whatever stripe - in this case, Force supporters) got rubbed out by a mod at the time ... the caravan moved on and didn't go back, even though I reckon the mod himself got binned.

However, that's pretty much how forums ... anywhere and everywhere ... generally operate.

The people with the levers (i.e. mods) don't have time to trawl back through the log files to rejudge every decision, figure out who didn't deserve to get binned and kiss it all better.

The fact G&GR have had fiddly software bugs on their main page for years on end and crap that hasn't been updated for ages (there is still a link to the 2013 Lions tour, f'rinstance) tells you this.

The way it works is you contact the site if you want be un-binned - and most aren't that bothered TBH - or you simply register another login.
    Nope nope nope. I've moderated forums, and rugby forums at that, perma-bans are only the option in extreme cases. Sure, give out a week, a month, whatever is needed to tell someone to pull their socks up and to stop acting like a div. If it continues and is justified then sure perma-ban but to go that course straight up is, in my opinion, an abuse of the free speech of forums and censorship.

I was banned, and remain banned, for sticking my head in whenever the Rebels supporters would start picking over the carcass over the Force despite some of the more established Rebels posters made it clear that it was far too soon in the piece to do so. Yes, should have just left it and I was threatened multiple times by the mod in question but the right thing in my mind is the right thing. Rubbing your hands together in glee over what happened so soon after isn't great. Sure, sit me out for a few weeks or a month so that the supporters can pick our team apart. But a perma-ban? Nope, not an acceptable way to run a forum.

EDIT: You just need to see how this forum is run since day one. A wide range of trolls, dickheads etc. have frequented this forum but generally are scorned, not wiped from the record. This is what GAGR are doing and if they are so busy administering their forum maybe don't look at writing opinion pieces etc.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BLR; 13-01-19 at 21:55.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    OF the 30 posts you have written 13 of them, people keep on coming back to what sort of trainwreck you are going to write next.

It seems your moronic stupidity knows no bounds. I will try and keep it simple for you. I don't like my chances. There is a real chance you won't understand what I am going to say.

At the moment TWF is being visited by about 35 regular people. Only 15 or so are posting of a regular basis and of that. there are maybe 6-8 of those posters who feel the need to whinge and bitch and whine about everything. Lets call this group the Chicken Littles.

The Chicken Littles will find away to complain about RugbyAustralia in each and every thread (well except the Birthdays) on a good day they will include the Salary Cap of the Rebels and complain about that too.

When that doesn't work - the Chicken Littles will find a news article. It may or not mention the Force. If it does they will complain about something. If it doesn't mention the Force. They will complain about that. The thing about our how grown group of Chicken Littles is that they support each other, back up each others whinging. Feed off of it. The thing about it is. Its been going for so long that they probably dont ever realise that they are doing it. The Chicken Littles are the ones that suggested that we all boycott the Bledisloe at Optus Stadium. And they told each other they were right. In the meantime the Bledisloe sold out. And the Chicken Littles will be sitting at home.

Now you might remember the 35plus people I mentioned. They are waiting. Waiting for the very loud and insistent voices of the Chicken Littles of TWF to stop whinging about shit and go back to supporting the Western Force. To talk about Rugby and all of the good things Andrew Forrest and Hodgo have done for us. Once the 35 find their voice. Others will return. And we will get to say Happy Birthday to them as well.

Happy New Year.
    I got two tickets to the Bledisloe. Category A too.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I've moderated forums, and rugby forums at that, perma-bans are only the option in extreme cases. Sure, give out a week, a month, whatever is needed to tell someone to pull their socks up and to stop acting like a div. If it continues and is justified then sure perma-ban but to go that course straight up is, in my opinion, an abuse of the free speech of forums and censorship.
    I agree with this.

But let me ask you some things: Do you want that login back, or not? ... did you ask to be reinstated and, if so, what was the response?

I was threatened multiple times by the mod in question but the right thing in my mind is the right thing.
    Out of interest, what was the name of this mod?

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I sliced him in a few arguments a couple times ... heheh ... only to find overnight he had carefully deleted the record of his posts and mine. LOL

Rubbing your hands together in glee over what happened so soon after isn't great.
    Absolutely. It got a bit nasty. As you say, picking over the carcass over the Force despite some of the more established Rebels posters saying it was too soon.

To be straight up, I don't remember all the ins and outs of these episodes now, including what you and other Force supporters said, but the en masse bannings were out of line.

Sure, sit me out for a few weeks or a month so that the supporters can pick our team apart. But a perma-ban? Nope, not an acceptable way to run a forum.
    Yeah, I agree. Let me be clear. I'm NOT supporting the perma-bans. As I understand it, there was no notice given explaining the actions either - just a stealthy wipe-out by this individual, which is even worse.

What I'm saying, however, is that what occurred AFTER this (and I believe the mod himself also eventually got binned) is that the powers-that-be didn't comb back over the record and try to re-adjudicate all the past actions.

This is absolutely 100% common and normal.

vCash
    I just wanna say (and a bit surprised that nobody else has) the accusation that westie is a keyboard warrior is laughable.

With all the time Spartan claims posting, moderating and being banned from various fora, I would suggest more than a little pot-kettle would apply.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I think X has gone a little overboard with his Chicken Little analogy. 5 of the 6 he mentioned are passionate supporters of both rugby in general and Rugby in WA, who voice their genuine concerns at the ineptitude of the Australian governing body, perceived corruption in both some financial dealings and the cutting of WF, but also contribute on every other discussion.

The other one is a troll

To conflate those two groups only suits X own agenda, is incorrect, and frankly insulting.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I think X has gone a little overboard with his Chicken Little analogy. 5 of the 6 he mentioned are passionate supporters of both rugby in general and Rugby in WA, who voice their genuine concerns at the ineptitude of the Australian governing body, perceived corruption in both some financial dealings and the cutting of WF, but also contribute on every other discussion.

The other one is a troll

To conflate those two groups only suits X own agenda, is incorrect, and frankly insulting.
    Us TWF posters are fast becoming like hungry dogs turning on each other.

Twiggy and Hodgo please rescue us.

We need a major GRR announcement this week, so we have something else to talk about and analysis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I think X has gone a little overboard with his Chicken Little analogy. 5 of the 6 he mentioned are passionate supporters of both rugby in general and Rugby in WA, who voice their genuine concerns at the ineptitude of the Australian governing body, perceived corruption in both some financial dealings and the cutting of WF, but also contribute on every other discussion. The other one is a troll To conflate those two groups only suits X own agenda, is incorrect, and frankly insulting.
    I guess, like me, you aren't attending the bledisloe? Because x is a good mate I decided to let that one through to the keeper, no damage done. I do, however, get tired of the incessant rehashing of "we were wronged and we require reparation" I believe we were wronged and I believe reparations are in order, I just don't feel the need to start new threads frequently bemoaning the fact. You also need to recognise that gagr is a forum, just like this one, that didn't suffer the pain that we did. Their opinions on the issue will naturally be opposite to ours, they don't come on here stirring up shit and then go back there whingeing that we don't agree with them. As a matter of fact, reg, when he was here, seemed to be fair, open-minded and knowledgeable. He beat his head against a brick wall for a couple of months then gave up, because nobody was listening. I can't imagine he's personality has changed much, just his audience.

C'mon the

vCash
    Totally agree GIGS20 on all counts

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    But let me ask you some things: Do you want that login back, or not? ... did you ask to be reinstated and, if so, what was the response?

Out of interest, what was the name of this mod?

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I sliced him in a few arguments a couple times ... heheh ... only to find overnight he had carefully deleted the record of his posts and mine. LOL

Yeah, I agree. Let me be clear. I'm NOT supporting the perma-bans. As I understand it, there was no notice given explaining the actions either - just a stealthy wipe-out by this individual, which is even worse.

What I'm saying, however, is that what occurred AFTER this (and I believe the mod himself also eventually got binned) is that the powers-that-be didn't comb back over the record and try to re-adjudicate all the past actions.

This is absolutely 100% common and normal.
    In my case I just went to log in one day and the posting permission was gone, I tried to look for reasons but none was provided. I don't think there is much point going on there anymore. They've made it clear how they want their forum to be run.

If they really have so many perma-bans on their forum they're doing it wrong, there isn't enough activity on the forum to justify a backlog like this. Personally if I wasn't sure what the person did and there was no justification attached I'd unban but keep an eye on the poster.

I don't remember the name of the one, it was back pretty much during 2017, I think even before the cull. I do remember I questioned one Victorian mod how could he possibly be a mod considering how he seemed to have no kind of even-handedness and acted more like an executioner than a moderator. So if it was anyone I would think it would be that bloke, as I was threatened multiple times on the forum by him before perma-ban. (If he was sure of his convictions that I was doing the right thing a sin bin & 'cool off' message should have been sent, which I could have potentially disputed if need be, instead of many idles threats then a perma-ban which was more a 'can't log in anymore' ban)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I guess, like me, you aren't attending the bledisloe? Because x is a good mate I decided to let that one through to the keeper, no damage done. I do, however, get tired of the incessant rehashing of "we were wronged and we require reparation" I believe we were wronged and I believe reparations are in order, I just don't feel the need to start new threads frequently bemoaning the fact. You also need to recognise that gagr is a forum, just like this one, that didn't suffer the pain that we did. Their opinions on the issue will naturally be opposite to ours, they don't come on here stirring up shit and then go back there whingeing that we don't agree with them. As a matter of fact, reg, when he was here, seemed to be fair, open-minded and knowledgeable. He beat his head against a brick wall for a couple of months then gave up, because nobody was listening. I can't imagine he's personality has changed much, just his audience.
    You see I dont agree
    I think until RugbyAustralia follow through on their word that they didn't forget WA and indeed have a plan for Western Australian rugby then Force fans have a right to vent their displeasure at every opportunity they get. If people want it to stop then put some pressure on RugbyAustralia and Clyne and puppet Raelene to actually tackle the issue instead of letting a whole state sit there totally confused and left scratching their heads as to what exactly they did to deserve being not only eradicated from Pro rugby and put into voluntary administration but This happened after a senate inquiry the rugby public largely ignored for convenience.. now the game has gone to shit so Force fans are more than within their right to highlight the injustices and laugh at the fallout from Clynes management of rugby in Australia and also laugh at the fans that ignored the force fallout thinking the game was In good hands when it has inevitably gone to shit..

Do something for the fans instead of coming here on a listening tour designed to take advantage of all perks and free lunches not to mention business class tickets it entailed without actually doing a fucking thing for the fans they all sat their and promised they would do something for.

Hows about the rest of the country waking up instead of being in bed with the muppets running the game and then proceed to write articles reflecting the true nature of the game in this country. That's the problem Force fans have.. the fact RugbyAustralia cannot and will not move the deadlock with the fans forward.. what they havent factored in is that we will not forget, and we wont forgive, untill something concrete is done.

Senior Player
    vCash
    In my case I just went to log in one day and the posting permission was gone, I tried to look for reasons but none was provided. I don't think there is much point going on there anymore. They've made it clear how they want their forum to be run.

If they really have so many perma-bans on their forum they're doing it wrong, there isn't enough activity on the forum to justify a backlog like this. Personally if I wasn't sure what the person did and there was no justification attached I'd unban but keep an eye on the poster.

I don't remember the name of the one, it was back pretty much during 2017, I think even before the cull. I do remember I questioned one Victorian mod how could he possibly be a mod considering how he seemed to have no kind of even-handedness and acted more like an executioner than a moderator. So if it was anyone I would think it would be that bloke, as I was threatened multiple times on the forum by him before perma-ban. (If he was sure of his convictions that I was doing the right thing a sin bin & 'cool off' message should have been sent, which I could have potentially disputed if need be, instead of many idles threats then a perma-ban which was more a 'can't log in anymore' ban)
    Yep. And I reckon that's him - name begins with 'D'. Ended up getting the bum's rush from the site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Do something for the fans instead of coming here on a listening tour designed to take advantage of all perks and free lunches not to mention business class tickets it entailed without actually doing a fucking thing for the fans they all sat their and promised they would do something for. Hows about the rest of the country waking up instead of being in bed with the muppets running the game and then proceed to write articles reflecting the true nature of the game in this country. That's the problem Force fans have.. the fact RugbyAustralia cannot and will not move the deadlock with the fans forward.. what they havent factored in is that we will not forget, and we wont forgive, untill something concrete is done.
    I agree with almost everything you've said in that post. The problem is, you haven't mentioned gagr or rugby reg in any way other than a generalised implication. If we're ever going to get any sort of a win out of this, it's not going to be by screaming, blue-faced in a soundless room where rugby Australis don't care. It'll be through connecting with the true rugby fans of the whole country. True fans will honour our pain and frustration, they will also give grr a fair hearing and want to become involved once it becomes clear that it's a better option. Anybody else counts as much as a child throwing a tantrum, while another child sticks yheir fingers in their ears and shouts "la la la, can't hear you" I would prefer constructive debate

C'mon the

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast