Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Green and gold rugby

vCash

Green and gold rugby

After throwing it into the browser and deciding to see what their latest was after being a very infrequent visitor after the shenanigans of that particular site during the Force fallout it was time to take another visit.

So here I was trying to click the 1st article "My ten hopes for Australian Rugby in 2019" which sounded pretty average but eh, something to read, which to my utter shock I could not click it, upon trying to enter the article I proceeded to click on every corner of the big bold article and pretty much every time I click I ended up almost selecting the text to copy or paste as opposed to entering the article.. and so I simply gave up on that device and started to try others and the same thing occurred, the article wouldn't click, thus I couldn't read it, oh well it sounded shit anyways so I went to enter in a new Url when my knuckle accidentally brushed across the "My ten hopes for Australian Rugby in 2019" and somehow managed to click somewhere, anywhere, but at the right spot and the article loaded. Nope, I was determined to figure out where I accidentally had clicked with my knuckle whilst it brushed passed trying to enter in a new URL, so I pressed BACK , .. and so I clicked around again, again highlighting the text countless times and then to my dismay, again, simply gave up, but I remembered the browser allowed me to go FORWARD, so I clicked forward and the article loaded...

Writer happened to be reg... sigh, I doubt this will read anything other than a typical supporter hoping like anything, sounded shit but I was willing to read it and give it the benefit of the doubt. What a waste of time that was, read like a teenie sook hoping like anything that he can make it seem like the glass was half full over the last few seasons. There was a short snippet on the world cup, a picture of Raelene supporting gold despite being an admitted kiwi sporting tragic, and Clyne desperately taking notes... all the data the bloke needs, sickening. And then something about Global rapid rugby, a short little piece which you can just feel the venom spraying from rags gob, oh how he must have felt trying to write that boring nothing piece... after reading the rest which was lots and lots of fuck all about womans rugby and nothing relevant to the flailing 15 man men's game which looks totally ruined moving forward with lots of egg left on a few peoples faces when they put their heads in the sand during the fallout over the last few years it dawned on me. The site has gone to shit, nothing constructive being written, nothing written for the good of rugby in the nation, just little wish lists of Hope's and dreams from various writers all with their heads still shoved so far up Raelene and Clynes backsides it makes for some classic hilarity at watching this whole situation unfold..

Then I scrolled too far down to the comments... HAPPY NEW YEAR, Happy New Years, ohh to you too, and you!... that was enough for me.. couldnt pump in a random url fast enough to get away from the GAGR site before I ended up with a lobotomy..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    So here I was trying to click the 1st article "My ten hopes for Australian Rugby in 2019" which sounded pretty average but eh, something to read, which to my utter shock I could not click it,
    G&GR does seem to have some bugs with clicking items on its home page (been like this for several years).

• Part of it seems like a problem switching between modes for small screens (i.e. phones - which don't use mouse clicks) and larger screens (PCs etc, which input via clicks).

• Anyway, one place you can usually click to open an article is on the little yellow "chat" icon for the relevant Disqus comments - see where circled in the screenshot below.

Name:  G&GR screenshots.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  161.0 KB

• This bug workaround works 90% of the time, every time! The occasions it doesn't, though, seem to be when the page is being displayed with a resolution of lower than approximately 500 pixels wide. If you look close, you might even see the "chat" icon and "RUGBY" category icons are subtly greyed out in that instance.

• One thing to try there is to increase the window size (or zoom out the display) to include more pixels, then click again.

• Failing that, a fallback option is to use your search engine to produce direct article link (i.e. google the title + gagr).

vCash
    So, do brand new threads like this one make our site worth reading?

There are rugby sites I don't bother with. I just don't log on. If you don't like G&GR then don't log on. All this bitterness becomes wearisome.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the fact that the TWF homepage is completely full of happy birthday threads is the reason this page is slowly becoming less and less worth reading... anyone who comes here would be shocked to find this place actually discussed rugby! They would have to click deeper and deeper into the relevant sub forum to find a rugby thread amongst all the birthday threads which are mainly congratulating members I have never ever even heard of.

Player
    vCash
    I'm pretty sure the fact that the TWF homepage is completely full of happy birthday threads is the reason this page is slowly becoming less and less worth reading... anyone who comes here would be shocked to find this place actually discussed rugby! They would have to click deeper and deeper into the relevant sub forum to find a rugby thread amongst all the birthday threads which are mainly congratulating members I have never ever even heard of.
    It is the off season at the moment folks

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    G&GR does seem to have some bugs with clicking items on its home page (been like this for several years).

• Part of it seems like a problem switching between modes for small screens (i.e. phones - which don't use mouse clicks) and larger screens (PCs etc, which input via clicks).

• Anyway, one place you can usually click to open an article is on the little yellow "chat" icon for the relevant Disqus comments - see where circled in the screenshot below.

Name:  G&GR screenshots.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  161.0 KB

• This bug workaround works 90% of the time, every time! The occasions it doesn't, though, seem to be when the page is being displayed with a resolution of lower than approximately 500 pixels wide. If you look close, you might even see the "chat" icon and "RUGBY" category icons are subtly greyed out in that instance.

• One thing to try there is to increase the window size (or zoom out the display) to include more pixels, then click again.

• Failing that, a fallback option is to use your search engine to produce direct article link (i.e. google the title + gagr).
    Tilting your phone sideways to click on the yellow number works.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    BTW, your issue with the clicking bug on the site aside, I'm not on board with most of your other comments.

Writer happened to be reg... What a waste of time that was, read like a teenie sook hoping like anything that he can make it seem like the glass was half full over the last few seasons.
    This is just nonsense.

Sure, what you "like" is your prerogative. So read something else or, better yet, try to write something better. But...

You are wrong to suggest Reg has a positive glass half full spin in that article. He's even talking about cutting the NRC, FFS. For a man who's been Mr NRC for more than five years, you've got to know how much that would hurt.

I've had a few disagreements with the bloke at times but try to keep it civil and factually based. And I share his pain on how RA has left that comp hanging. It's being left to wither on the vine. There is no way he is lapping up what's coming down out of Raelene and Clyne on this.

And then something about Global rapid rugby, a short little piece which you can just feel the venom spraying from rags gob
    Nup. The piece is generally supportive of GRR and the Force squad:

"Putting aside the reason for it, which was one of the lowlights of 2017 and 2018, Global Rapid Rugby, could be one of the most intriguing aspects of 2019.

There’s a lot of great talent in that Force squad and I want to see them playing more rugby. If they can get buy in from some of those key world rugby growth areas, and attract a similar level of players, then I’ll be watching. Plus, if there’s an opportunity to watch any Fijian team play rugby then I’m in!"

The site has gone to shit, nothing constructive being written, nothing written for the good of rugby in the nation, just little wish lists of Hope's and dreams from various writers

... Then I scrolled too far down to the comments... HAPPY NEW YEAR, Happy New Years, ohh to you too, and you!... that was enough for me.. couldnt pump in a random url fast enough to get away from the GAGR site
    Newsflash as mentioned by others: It's the off season (no activity but birthday messages on here for a couple of days either).

Ohh .... and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Tilting your phone sideways to click on the yellow number works.

(I reckon that must kick the width resolution over 500 which unlocks the click-ability goodness.

That's my theory anyway and I'm sticking to it)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    BTW, your issue with the clicking bug on the site aside, I'm not on board with most of your other comments.

This is just nonsense.

Sure, what you "like" is your prerogative. So read something else or, better yet, try to write something better. But...

You are wrong to suggest Reg has a positive glass half full spin in that article. He's even talking about cutting the NRC, FFS. For a man who's been Mr NRC for more than five years, you've got to know how much that would hurt.

I've had a few disagreements with the bloke at times but try to keep it civil and factually based. And I share his pain on how RA has left that comp hanging. It's being left to wither on the vine. There is no way he is lapping up what's coming down out of Raelene and Clyne on this.

"Putting aside the reason for it, which was one of the lowlights of 2017 and 2018, Global Rapid Rugby, could be one of the most intriguing aspects of 2019.

There’s a lot of great talent in that Force squad and I want to see them playing more rugby. If they can get buy in from some of those key world rugby growth areas, and attract a similar level of players, then I’ll be watching. Plus, if there’s an opportunity to watch any Fijian team play rugby then I’m in!"

Newsflash as mentioned by others: It's the off season (no activity but birthday messages on here for a couple of days either).

Spartan talking sh1t? Wouldn’t be the first time!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Has it ever actually occurred to you that one of the main reasons good decent solid rugby people can't be arsed with this site anymore is the constant whinging and hijacking of threads by people like you, it becomes very tedious and monotonous and in the end a lot of regular posters have given up and can't be arsed.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Has it ever actually occurred to you that one of the main reasons good decent solid rugby people can't be arsed with this site anymore is the constant whinging and hijacking of threads

Or that most don't give two flying fucks what is written on GAGR or The Roar?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Happy new year

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Btw it's not reg, Nick etc that are the tossers, it's the trolls who post there. Same problem with all Aus Rugby sites... including here.

Capiche?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash

This is just nonsense.

There is nothing wrong with the NRC, I assume he is a Sydney follower, hence why there is literally no reason to watch it, but that isnt a reason to get rid of it just because one of the worst rugby states in this nation per head of population cant be asked participating properly because of that terrible club comp that noone but Alan Jones and apparently 15 thousand people who only turn up on grand final day care about...

Rags comments on GRR are hillarious, he was the guy I presume who crucified and condemned Force fans for having a voice on his site and banned them all, fast forward and the site has hit rock bottom, an empty forum, articles that just reek of desperation to provide content (as terrible and non interesting as it is) and comments that just bore the reader to death.... I read his GRR as someone biting his tongue forced to give some positivity to a tournament he neglected and up to now rejected in his mind, but having been forced to do a U-turn due to RugbyAustralia and Clyne completly fucking Aussie Rugby.... I can just see him now being wowed by Clyne and Raelene to the point he probably couldnt even get a word out due to his levels of excitement to meet them if it was ever the case, despite most of us just wanting to give Clyne a giant uppercut..

Terrible terrible site

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    It is the off season at the moment folks
    Pretty sure that doesnt mean the entire front page should be drowned out with meaningless birthday threads therefor hiding away all the popular and relevant threads with great content in them... it would be very unattractive to new users to want to post here when most of the posts are birthday threads with most having no replies in them and others having like 2 replies and yet nothing else of relevance for anyone to add anything to any of the older more relevant rugby threads due to them not being easily accessible from the front page and again hidden away in numerous sub forums... most people would think this website had died completly. Maybe it has. It's very hard to know what has been discussed here and talked about when the popular threads throughout the year seem to be buried deep behind all these useless bot threads etc etc.. just an observation, having bot posts are a good way to destroy a forum during an off season, this site would have presented itself much better if it had all the most popular threads about the Force and RA plastered across the front page, and maybe we would all still be talking in them, but not anymore... we get to read Happy Birthday 43 times instead to a bunch of members who havent posted here in years

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast