Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Green and gold rugby

vCash
    Yes, trial matches gave always been a perfect indicator of the relative strength of both teams.....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Well it's a good indicator of the depth in these two teams, something super rugby sides need to be able to progress through to the finals... the brumbies haven't been afforded the same bias recruitment strategy that RA afforded the Rebels franchise to the detriment of the other super rugby sides yet still seem to have maintained more depth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Rebels have gone down the route of recruiting established players which hasn’t worked in Super Rugby. Just look at the Stormers couldn’t win a title when they recruited Watson, Jaque Fourie, Vermeulen, Habana, van Niekerk, etc and lacked a coherent attacking strategy. Attacking Rugby is in the local DNA for those who have been brought up in the local areas. They just brought names and implemented a defensive strategy hoping that will get them a title.

The Brumbies have recruited heavily in terms of signing young talent particularly in the inside backs. Slipper covers for Cheika’s player management and the experience that was lost with Alexander’s retirement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The Rebels have gone down the route of recruiting established players which hasn’t worked in Super Rugby. Just look at the Stormers couldn’t win a title when they recruited Watson, Jaque Fourie, Vermeulen, Habana, van Niekerk, etc and lacked a coherent attacking strategy. Attacking Rugby is in the local DNA for those who have been brought up in the local areas. They just brought names and implemented a defensive strategy hoping that will get them a title.

The Brumbies have recruited heavily in terms of signing young talent particularly in the inside backs. Slipper covers for Cheika’s player management and the experience that was lost with Alexander’s retirement.
    The Rebels seem determined to buy a championship, or atleast a finals appearance and like last year look destined to again miss out on these finals meaning that they are again a complete waste of money and a financial strain on Rugby in Australia, not to mention the team only exists because they are Clynes play thing. What a sad sorry state rugby has got itself into.

Without developing genuine depth the Rebels are destined to shrink to obscurity in the Melbourne market. Just look at how good the Force players played back in WA in a Force side that played to a style that suited the local players and the players being developed here, on top of that any marquee/international/east coast players bought into the Force culture. Now those players play headless chicken rugby, with a game plan that looks nonexistant, their hearts are clearly not in it due to the Rebels toxic culture that RA seem to have allowed to grow and fester in that side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    The Rebels seem determined to buy a championship, or atleast a finals appearance
    You said it at the end of your post, but I'm going to say it again for emphasis, you can't buy culture.

C'mon the

vCash
    Spot on you can’t buy culture. Not even Ross Oakley and Rod Macqueen could implement it from scratch.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Fillet of a fenny snake,
    In the cauldron boil and bake;
    Eye of newt and toe of frog,
    Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
    Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
    Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
    For a charm of powerful trouble,
    Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double, toil and trouble;
    Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,
    Witches' mummy, maw and gulf
    Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark,
    Root of hemlock digg'd i' the dark,
    Liver of blaspheming Jew,
    Gall of goat, and slips of yew
    Silver'd in the moon's eclipse,
    Nose of Turk and Tartar's lips,
    Finger of birth-strangled babe
    Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,
    Make the gruel thick and slab:
    Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
    For the ingredients of our cauldron.

There's a reason why the Rebels will never have a culture worth caring about. If they win the conference, or win the comp, quite frankly I couldn't give a frak.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    So I couldn't help myself and went to G&GR and saw the usual suspects belittling kiap for, you know, not giving into the East coast miserable nature. So I decided to send a message after about, the year and a half I have been banned to ask the nature of my banning and why it has not been reviewed since that time as no notification was given to me in regards to this. When I went to send the message it required a 'Captcha' rubbish thing but their provider of the 'Captcha' was down so no message was able to be sent. Honestly, if that mob isn't run by, or is giving advice to ARU/RA they sure as well should be, absolute genius way to avoid actually taking any kind of public feedback in.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6