Thread: Scott Johnson to leave Scottish Rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Scott Johnson to leave Scottish Rugby

16/12/18 Posted in Scottish Rugby

Scottish Rugby can confirm that Scott Johnson will be leaving for a new post with Rugby Australia at the end of the 2019 Guinness Six Nations.

Following negotiations between Scottish Rugby and Rugby Australia a satisfactory compensation package was agreed to enable Johnson to leave his Director of Rugby role in Scotland before the end of his existing contract.

Scottish Rugby Chief Executive, Mark Dodson said: “Scott has made a significant contribution to the development of elite rugby in Scotland and he leaves with our heartfelt thanks and appreciation for the work he has done. His unrivalled global rugby knowledge and connections at every level of the game have hugely benefitted the development of how our game in
    Scotland has progressed in recent years, be that working with head coaches, forming partnerships beyond our borders and establishing Scottish Rugby’s high performance department to the level it is today.

“He leaves with our best wishes for the next stage of his career.”

Scott Johnson said: "This has been a big decision but for me, right now, it is the right one to make. From the outset I've wanted to make Scotland more competitive on the world stage on all levels. I've had the opportunity to work with some highly talented and committed people and together I think we have made progress in those areas and hope that will continue in the years ahead.

"I've loved my time in Scotland and I'd like to thank Mark Dodson and the Board for their support throughout. I won’t be leaving Scottish Rugby until after the Six Nations, where I'm looking forward to see how all our teams perform. It's been a great six years and I've enjoyed the challenge."

Scott Johnson joined Scottish Rugby in 2012 as part of Andy Robinson’s national team coaching group and became Interim Head Coach in 2013 for the Six Nations and Summer Tour that year following Robinson’s resignation. Johnson took on the role of Director of Rugby – with a high performance remit - in May 2013 as Robinson’s successor was recruited and plans put in place for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.

Following the appointment of Vern Cotter as Scotland Head Coach Johnson oversaw the development of the Scottish Rugby Academy, the sevens and Age-Grade and Scottish Qualified programmes, alongside the day to day management of the Performance Dept and the respective medical, physio, analysis and S&C provision for the professional and male and female national teams.

Johnson has been instrumental in, and responsible for, securing the services of a series of head coach roles during his tenure, including those of Vern Cotter, Dave Rennie and Richard Cockerill, alongside providing the coaching pathway for aspiring Scottish coaches through the age-grades, women’s rugby, assistant coach and 7s team roles. He also provided a vital link in the recruitment and retention of players from both within and beyond Scotland.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18...scottish-rugby

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Where does RA keep finding this money to pay out contracts and who is suffering because of it? Surly there was somebody within the 120 at HQ that could pat Chieka on the back and help him decide who not to pick week in week out, what about Kafe, he knows everything and has also just stuck his nose in the trough.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 08-01-19 at 11:02.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Puts the lie to TWATs argument that RA couldn't afford to pay out Cheika

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Where does RA keep finding this money to pay out contracts and who is suffering because of it? Surly there was somebody within the 120 at HQ that could pat Chieka on the back and help him decide who not to pick week in week out, what about Kafe, he knows everything and has also just stuck his nose in the trough.
    Presumably the same place they go to find all the money they throw at the Rebels.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Puts the lie to TWATs argument that RA couldn't afford to pay out Cheika
    Is he that bloke who tries to look like an Inside Sauce by making stuff up?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What is incredible is that no one has called them out on this. Not even Growden.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board