Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Doing nothing is no longer an option for Rugby Australia

Player
    vCash
    Can we change the title of this thread, because doing nothing is clearly still an option for RA!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Dear Chairman Clyne - you may find this interesting - even enlightening.
    To talk for <1 minute and then NOT answer questions is NOT being accountable.

7 Truths About Accountability That You Need To Know - by Gordon Tredgold

Accountability doesn't happen just by chance, it has to be implemented.

Here are seven truths about accountability, which will help you better understands and increase accountability levels in your organization.

1 - Accountability starts with you

Leadership defines culture, and if you want to create a culture of accountability, then it starts with you. You need to model the behaviors that you want to see in your organization. If you want people to take ownership, then you have to be seen to take ownership, when you make commitments you have to be seen to meet those commitments. If you don't, then why should anyone else be interested in doing so. You have to walk the talk if you want others to follow you don't the accountability path.

2 - You are Accountable

As the leader you are accountable. You're accountable for any failures, as well as any successes that your organization may have. Accountability comes as part of the job description, which is why, if you try to duck it, it will have a negative impact on the levels of accountability that already exist.

3 - Accountability is not a one-time thing

Accountability is not a one-time, sometime thing; it's an all-time thing. Those people who don't want to be accountable, or held accountable, are always looking for any opportunities to get out of it any slips, or gaps in your accountability will give them the out they need, to only be accountable when they see fit.

You need to be seen to be as being accountable at all times.

4 - Accountability applies to one and all

When you're looking to hold people accountable you cannot play favorites; you cannot let it slides with some people. Accountability has to be consistently requested of everyone, all the time. If you chose to let one person ignore their accountabilities then it opens the door for others to be selectively accountable too.

5 - Accountability cannot be delegated

You cannot delegate accountability, accountability is something that has to be accepted for that person to feel accountable and to have them take ownership. The best way to get people to accept accountability is to set them up to be successful. No one is going to take ownership and show accountability for something that they know, or believe is going to fail.

If you want people to accept accountability, ask them if they have everything they need to be successful, when they say yes they have taken a big step towards accepting accountability. If they say no then you need to make sure you provide whatever is missing because without it they will never accept accountability

6 - Accountability is the difference between success and failure

When people don't take accountability and things, start to go awry, as they don't feel ownership they go into spectator mode and watch as things fail. If they thought it would fail from the outset it's even worse; they go into I told you so mode, which nearly always becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Whereas when people take ownership if things start to go wrong, then they step into solution mode. They start to try and figure out whats going wrong and try and fix it. Teams that are successful are full of people that go into solution mode. They are full of people who not only care but take care.

In my experience, accountability is the single biggest differentiator between successful and unsuccessful teams.

7 - You have to hold people Accountable

You can't just tell people they're accountable, and then leave them to it. Yes, it may work for some, but not for all. You need to set up review sessions; you have to check in and see how people are doing.

This serves three purposes:

It lets them know that they will be held accountable for the activities.
    It gives you an opportunity to provide support in case things start to go awry,
    It offers you the opportunity to offer praise and encouragement to move people further if things are going well.

Accountability is something that has to be worked at. There has to be a clear and consistent strategy on how it's going to be implemented and validated.

It starts with you, and it has to apply at all times and to everyone.

When you can do that it will help you create a culture of accountability where the organization will start to hold itself and others accountable which will have a massive impact on performance and results.

i.e. Apply these rules and maybe the Wallaby coaches and players may consider that they too are accountable.

F for FAIL

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Can we change the title of this thread, because doing nothing is clearly still an option for RA!
    Can say that again. Hopes dashed once more.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The interesting thing about the RA news Conference.

Its the first time that Cameron Clyne has actually been in front of a camera in a very very long time.

Sure - he said nothing, but - I guess his issues with the Banking Royal Commission are over.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    The interesting thing about the RA news Conference.

Its the first time that Cameron Clyne has actually been in front of a camera in a very very long time.

Sure - he said nothing, but - I guess his issues with the Banking Royal Commission are over.
    The Banking Royal Commission ain’t over. The report is out in February and there is already agreed criminal investigations in to behaviour regarding ignoring compliance breaches. There is another former bank executive on the board.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Rugby Australia dithers as Michael Cheika awaits his fateWAYNE SMITH
    Follow @WayneKeithSmith

Rugby Australia chairman Cameron Clyne. Picture: AFP
    Rugby Australia chairman Cameron Clyne. Picture: AFP
    11:00PM DECEMBER 10, 2018
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Email
    A clueless Rugby Australia has delayed a decision on the Wallabies coaching job for potentially another fortnight.

Chairman Cameron Clyne said at a helter-skelter press conference yesterday only that a call would be made “ahead of Christmas”.

At a time when numerous respected figures in Australian rugby fear for the future of the game and are begging Rugby Australia to provide clear leadership, Clyne spoke to the media outside RA’s Sydney headquarters for less than a minute yesterday. Then, he said, he needed to rush back to a meeting of his board, a meeting for which directors had had 16 days to weigh up Michael Cheika’s performance following the season-ending loss to England on November 24, their ninth defeat in 13 Tests in 2018.

Abraham Lincoln needed only 272 words to deliver the Gettysburg Address. Clyne’s 154 words, delivered so unexpectedly that Fox Sports was actually crossing to Virat Kohli at Adelaide Oval when — seemingly to its own surprise — it found itself at Moore Park, matched those of the 16th American president in one respect only.

Tucked away in Lincoln’s speech was the self-deprecating line “the world will little note, nor long remember what we say here …”. Manifestly untrue in Lincoln’s case; never a truer word spoken in the case of Clyne.

Even a commentator for Fox Sports, the network that televises rugby, described the performance as “taking nincompoopery to new heights” and suggested Clyne had “strained a hamstring” in his rush to escape journalists’ questions.

In the absence of anything resembling a definitive announcement on the fate of Cheika and his four key lieutenants, attack coach Steve Larkham, defence coach Nathan Gray, forwards coach Simon Raiwalui and skills coach Mick Byrne, Australian rugby has again been sent back to speculation and innuendo.

Clyne said: “We’ve had a presentation from Michael. We’ve had some data gathered from him, from his coaching staff, from his players and from our high performance unit and we need to go through a fairly thorough review.

“We’ve got all the information we need and we’ll be going through that process.”

One wonders what more information the directors require in addition to the evidence of their own eyes. Perhaps, given that only two board members are officially listed as having any coaching experience, the board overall might feel out of its depth evaluating the Australian team coach.

Still, the two other internationals on the board, former Wallabies captains Paul McLean and Phil Waugh, would surely have little need for a review compiled by RA’s own high performance boss Ben Whitaker, himself a man with limited coaching experience.

One senior former Australian Rugby Union administrator speculated that the deferred announcement meant the board had determined to terminate Cheika and that Rugby Australia was simply giving itself more time to firm up his replacement.

Certainly that scenario is highly plausible.

Rugby Australia is understood to have scrubbed former Brumbies coach and more recently Irish high performance manager David Nucifora from its wish list, but fellow Australian Scott Johnson, the former Wallabies backs coach under John Connolly who went on to run the Scottish high performance program, is believed to be a leading contender as an interim coach.

Yet it is curious that Whitaker has travelled to Europe to speak with Johnson at a time when Cheika is under pressure for having won only 28 of his 58 Tests, a win rate of 48.3 per cent.

Johnson has had two stints of coaching Tier One sides.

He was winless from three games with Wales in 2006 and then, as interim head coach of Scotland in 2013, won five of 16 Tests.

Overall, that’s a win rate of 26.3 per cent and RA presumably would be battling to explain why it is sacking Cheika to make way for a coach with a worse international coaching record.

It also makes little sense to pursue Johnson when Connolly, who has a 64 per cent winning record with the Wallabies and a 70 per cent success rate in 230 matches as Queensland coach, is on hand and available as interim coach.

Also on the spinning merry-go-round of speculation and innuendo is the rumour that the RA board is starting to fragment, and that at least three of the nine members are apparently deeply dissatisfied with the direction the game is taking. If that is true, then certainly yesterday’s “keep them all in the dark” press conference will not have eased the pressure on the *embattled chairman.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Also on the spinning merry-go-round of speculation and innuendo is the rumour that the RA board is starting to fragment, and that at least three of the nine members are apparently deeply dissatisfied with the direction the game is taking. If that is true, then certainly yesterday’s “keep them all in the dark” press conference will not have eased the pressure on the embattled chairman.
    You've gotta wonder why this is taking so long... It's been plain as the day is long that the game has been in the toilet for more than two years.

Cameron Clyne has GOT to go!

Hey hey. Ho ho.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    You've gotta wonder why this is taking so long... It's been plain as the day is long that the game has been in the toilet for more than two years.

Cameron Clyne has GOT to go!

Hey hey. Ho ho.
    I think they must have decided to axe Cheika, but dont have a replacement yet. I wonder if they told Cheika ? If they cannot find a coach, and Cheika is gone. We could well have the ""coachless"" team as suggested by a journalist recently.

vCash
    I'm no body language expert, but I just watched the video of yesterday's no-presser and I've never seen Clyne look so ill at ease. Hopefully that is a sign that his position is, rightfully, finally, under pressure at board level and the jig is up.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'm no body language expert, but I just watched the video of yesterday's no-presser and I've never seen Clyne look so ill at ease. Hopefully that is a sign that his position is, rightfully, finally, under pressure at board level and the jig is up.
    Someone needs to show him Topo’s latest tirade from yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Someone needs to show him Topo’s latest tirade from yesterday.
    Link? I mean do you have a link, not anything about ewen McKenzie

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Link? I mean do you have a link, not anything about ewen McKenzie
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/amazi...top-rodriguez/

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Rugby Australia dithers as Michael Cheika awaits his fate
    WAYNE SMITH
    11:00PM DECEMBER 10, 2018

Even a commentator for Fox Sports, the network that televises rugby, described the performance as “taking nincompoopery to new heights” and suggested Clyne had “strained a hamstring” in his rush to escape journalists’ questions.
    “taking nincompoopery to new heights”
    What a brilliant description of the ARU/RA's actions.

vCash
    Topo’s masterpiece

AMAZING, another Pandora's box-like not so surprising underperformance by RA. TOP executives and TOP coaches get paid TOP $$$.- to make NO decisions

December 10, 2018 • 8 Likes • 5 Comments
    Enrique TOPO Rodriguez
    Enrique TOPO RodriguezFollow
    Life & Executive Performance Coach at Noble Manhattan Coaching Americas

We've been 3 years on the 'road to Damascus, (ahem...Japan). Yet, today? None the wiser by another astonishing award winning under-performing and unethical administration!

I shall continue with my questioning about the subject that I hold dear to my heart and being (47 years dedicated to rugby in one role or the other:

How much longer can the Board of RA, continue with this farcical charade?
    And now the next level down of TOP Executives is involved (of course) they all protecting first their $.$$$.$$$.- jobs; then Mr Cheika and his 'harem' (all ancillary staff - gender non-specific). Sorry, no offence given none taken!

Many more questions come to mind almost like an avalanche:
    1. Until when we will have to put up with this inability (or un-willingness) to resign, move on, and give somebody else with an ounce of common sense a GO?

Instead we continue being fed this intolerable, "baby formula"

2. Australian rugby Shareholders- Do we deserve that?

3. Can anyone tell me how much $.$$$.$$$.- are getting paid the CEO, Head Coach and Team of Coaches, to under-perform to this extent? - Whatever that figure vs performance is? There is only one word to describe it...OBSCENE to say the least.

To play international rugby representing your country you need COMMITMENT, GUTS, INTEGRITY, VALUES, DISCIPLINE, HONESTY, LOYALTY, HARD WORK and SMART WORK etc. etc. etc.

Have you seen anything that resembles those values in this Australian Rugby administration "leadership team"? Above mentioned. In the corporate arena you wouldn't last the 12 months performance review!!!

No wonder they can not win. I can only see obstinate, greedy and limitless egos parading peacocks like. Let's be politically correct, we need to apportion credits and debits to both sides of the fence! Therefore, ladies and gentlemen, I'm referring to staff and directors both male and female.

If rugby Australia doesn't know WHAT TO DO? about our National Coaching Panel today, who would? - Gee-weez, you people are brain-dead, paralysed in the "Gravy Train"

I sincerely hope, one day we will know how much money RA is currently squandering with the upkeeping of this LOSING WALLABIES?

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I'll give you this for nothing! (as Dougy Mulray used to say in his MMM show): The only Australian COACH (yes with capitals) that has enough balls, 'maturity, credentials and track record to straighten-up this rudderless super-rich and over-fed ocean liner is:

Mr Laurie Fisher
    (but he needs to pick his Assistant Coaches wisely - However, I feel he may or may not be 'too tough' for the current crop of players...?)
    Oz Rugby followers, do not worry a bit, Santa Claus will bring the "good oil" for Christmas! - We are safe as...

Enrique TOPO Rodriguez

TOPO'S RUGBY PLAYING AND LEADING PARTICIPATION (TRACK RECORD) (not-so-modestly ~ yet very humble)

1984 - Grand Slam Winning Team

1986 - Bledisloe Cup Winning Team

2012 - Author, The ART of Scrummaging I

2015 - Author, The ART of Scrummaging II

Father of two - Grandfather of two

(Self-appointed Volunteer and Philanthropist since 2004): BEF (BIPOLAR Education Foundation), AABC (Australian-Argentine Business Council, Founder & MD)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/enriquetoporodriguez/

Enrique TOPO Rodriguez

Last edited by Bakkies; 11-12-18 at 15:16.

vCash
    I love reading Topos rants
    Don't hold back Topo, tell them what you REALLY think haha

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast