Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A coach-less Wallabies team at the World Cup? It's not as mad as it sounds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Never rated him, he changed nothing to an aging outdated team featuring Larkhim and Gregan and copped one of the worst performances at a world cup, along side 1995 ofcourse. It took a new coach which was Robbie Deans with fresh ideas to bring in all the new comers that should have been blooded during Knuckles tenure and completly freshened up the team, most of the players Dean's bought through have had long careers under the subsequent coaches Link and ofcourse Cheika who have struggled to build their own teams, and we all know how Link fell on his sword when he tried.
    The players that Deans brought through were still at school in 2007. Knuckles didn’t have any props due to lack of time to turn around Eddie Jones’ neglect of the scrum.

The rot kicked in when Deans brought in the amigos and kept on donkeys like Baxter, Dunning, Brown and Burgess for far too long despite their obvious weaknesses and it was costing us test matches. The older players he wanted to replace the likes of Gregan, Larkham, Latho, etc had poor attitudes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The players that Deans brought through were still at school in 2007. Knuckles didn’t have any props due to lack of time to turn around Eddie Jones’ neglect of the scrum.

The rot kicked in when Deans brought in the amigos and kept on donkeys like Baxter, Dunning, Brown and Burgess for far too long despite their obvious weaknesses and it was costing us test matches. The older players he wanted to replace the likes of Gregan, Larkham, Latho, etc had poor attitudes.
    Those players with poor attitudes were the players every fan wanted to start for the Wallabies at the time.. Dean's wasnt to know he was taking charge of a rotten generation. I think he did well to control the 3 amigos at the time..

Still think knuckles had more time with the Wallabies than we all like to give credit for. Maybe he did do some good, but I was ropable he kept starting the aging over the hill has beens eg. Gregan and Larkhim who played like shit for years and were guaranteed their spots regardless, infact something feels a little familiar right now with Cheikas reign.

vCash
    What a lot of people seem to forget is that before the “text gate “ scandal Link was getting the Wallabies into a reasonably functioning team. Then Beale and Hooper took over, Link got out, Chieka got in and a ref fucked up! Chieka becomes the Messiah!
    Well guess what the Messiah is a fake!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Perfect summary.

vCash
    Nailed it snob

C'mon the

vCash
    Those players with poor attitudes were the players every fan wanted to start for the Wallabies at the time.. Dean's wasnt to know he was taking charge of a rotten generation. I think he did well to control the 3 amigos at the time..

Still think knuckles had more time with the Wallabies than we all like to give credit for. Maybe he did do some good, but I was ropable he kept starting the aging over the hill has beens eg. Gregan and Larkhim who played like shit for years and were guaranteed their spots regardless, infact something feels a little familiar right now with Cheikas reign.
    Gregan spent five years behind a pack going backwards. We saw how far behind Henjak and Burgess were when they over. Neither had a good pass and were slow to the ruck. It took us years to find a decent half back after Gregan retired.

Deans didn’t control the amigos at all and cliques developed in the team. Cooper fell out with him and wasn’t selected for the Lions series. He was one player that the Lions feared. Deans didn’t select Giteau and George Smith for the 2011 RWC.

Knuckles didn’t lose to Samoa and Scotland at home.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

Larkham was not a has been. He is a never has been as a coach, but as a player, he was always the best choice. Was there a better option? Gregan was a tough one. There were options that were better in some ways. But none that were leaders like Gregan was.

It's hard to blame a coach about selections if there weren't better options. Can't pluck an international standard tight head from nowhere. That is the difference with Cheika. He has alienated the players we need to be functional (Scott Fardy for example).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2