Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Firefox

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,815
    vCash
    5004000
    chrome download the standalone installer, oh look! here's a link.

    https://www.google.com/chrome/browse...e&standalone=1

    note that one is for 32-bit, you may need to change OS to windows 64 bit.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #17
    Champion Contributor todd4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,217
    vCash
    5338000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    chrome download the standalone installer, oh look! here's a link.

    https://www.google.com/chrome/browse...e&standalone=1

    note that one is for 32-bit, you may need to change OS to windows 64 bit.
    My laptop is 64 bit. The other options on that link are for Windows 8/7 64 bit not 8.1 64 bit. Does that matter?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #18
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,618
    vCash
    5372000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I got offered a free upgrade to 10 last week. Gonna go for it and see what happens. Am unsure if I'm going to like it, but free is free!
    Still have 7 on the recovery partition too

    Got that offer too. Have you bitten the bullet yet jono? If so how's it performing? Some of us old farts are allergic to change. I still Miss XP and can't do half the stuff on W7 that I'd mastered on that. I wouldn't know a recovery partition if I tripped over one.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  4. #19
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,866
    vCash
    5350000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Got that offer too. Have you bitten the bullet yet jono? ..
    W10 hasn't been released yet. That is only a pre-register for the free upgrade.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  5. #20
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,618
    vCash
    5372000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    W10 hasn't been released yet. That is only a pre-register for the free upgrade.
    Yeah.....well I knew that.

    Guess I better suss out that recovery partition bizzo then.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,866
    vCash
    5350000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yeah.....well I knew that.

    Guess I better suss out that recovery partition bizzo then.
    Your system should have a program to burn recovery files to a CD/DVD. The recovery partition is basically a hidden partition with that stuff on there.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  7. #22
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,618
    vCash
    5372000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Your system should have a program to burn recovery files to a CD/DVD. The recovery partition is basically a hidden partition with that stuff on there.
    Fanks. I know what a DVD/CD is, but WTF is a hidden partition?

    Funny, but we got our first internet connection with Windows 95. Read Windows for Dummies and Internet for Dummies and was pretty pc literate back then. Then the novelty wore off once I worked out how much time was required to keep up and how many more enjoyable things I could do with that time. All good.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  8. #23
    Champion Contributor todd4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,217
    vCash
    5338000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Just bought a new laptop with Windows 8.1 cannot download firefox or Google Chrome. Any thoughts?
    So there I was just now surfing the web on Internet Explorer and something pops up on my screen and said "Why don't you download Google Chrome?" So I clicked on it and bugger me Google Chrome downloaded. Weirder things have happened I suppose.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #24
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,302
    vCash
    5360000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    So there I was just now surfing the web on Internet Explorer and something pops up on my screen and said "Why don't you download Google Chrome?" So I clicked on it and bugger me Google Chrome downloaded. Weirder things have happened I suppose.
    Weirder things than Internet Explorer remaining stable long enough to download an entire installation package?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  10. #25
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,244
    vCash
    5348000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    If you are using Google Chrome, Can I suggest a small add-on called The Great Suspender.

    Google Chrome has a history of utilising all of your available RAM to keep the TAB browsing up to date. The Great Suspender basically turns off TABs that arent being looked at after a specified time period- all you can set it up to keep certain websites up to date all the time.

    A great little tool.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!

  11. #26
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,302
    vCash
    5360000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Call me old fashioned but firefox uses tabs without suspenders

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  12. #27
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,564
    vCash
    5268000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If you are using Google Chrome, Can I suggest a small add-on called The Great Suspender.

    Google Chrome has a history of utilising all of your available RAM to keep the TAB browsing up to date. The Great Suspender basically turns off TABs that arent being looked at after a specified time period- all you can set it up to keep certain websites up to date all the time.

    A great little tool.
    How do you put a bet on if the TAB is off

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  13. #28
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,302
    vCash
    5360000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    How do you put a bet on if the TAB is off
    Talk to Gupta

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Do you use Firefox or Internet Explorer?
    By Darren in forum Geek Speak
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24-12-07, 23:04
  2. Search TWF from within Firefox - anytime!
    By Darren in forum Geek Speak
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-08-06, 22:26

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •