Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spring Tests Aus vs Old Dart

vCash
    It's funny to hear Stu Barnes talking about England's wonderful use of decoy runners. Why it only seems like yesterday the English establishment and their shills in the media, Stephen Jones, Nick Cain et al, were trying to ban it as "obstruction"

And Eddie Jones and Rod MacQueen were the main targets in their crosshairs.

Oh how times have changed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 25-11-18 at 20:47.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Veteran
    vCash
    well that was tough to watch. Missed penalty try - absolutely!

But, were well and truely out played. Nothing in the breakdown. And I think i am becoming more of a fan of hooper. He has a lot of work in him, just not an over the ball player.

There was no starch in anything they did. Very lack-lustre performance in every facet.

vCash
    The Aussie team blowing up about Farrell using no arms when stopping rodda "cold"

Should be tearing rodda a new arsehole for allowing a #10 to slow him down without even needing to wrap.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Rodda’s body position was poor at that point . At 6 8 he should’ve been going low for the line negating any attempt at stopping him . On the other hand Farrell needs to change his technique. His contact position in the tackle will always leave him open to having his arms bounce off the player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    It's funny to hear Stu Barnes talking about England's wonderful use of decoy runners. .
    Well, as usual this year, I didn't watch. But is this what you are referring to?...............

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=1...209#post462209

I really think this needs to be addressed. Genuine decoy runners, by definition, should have to be running from behind the ball carrier. It seems a coached tactic, as all NZ sides have used it for a few years and now England have taken it on board.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Agree GIGS20, six foot eight, 125kg Rodda running at full pelt should have totally steamrolled Farrell, the guy shouldn't have been able to get off the canvas. Rodda bounced off him and hit the deck first, stopped cold. Hopeless.

That's three shoulder charges for Farrell. He should be rubbed out by the judiciary, and get some remedial work before he really is steamrolled. I think next time he does it the opposition will be looking for him

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Well completely underwhelmed by that performance. There seems to be a few seconds of good play and then completely brain fart. What the hell is going on with that team?!! DHP seemed to play either terrific or absoluty balls up, but seemed one of the the few actually trying! Put in as wing and played the whole game as halfback, Folau as usual plays handbags at the ruck waiting for his gifted pass to claim glory, seriously ANYONE handed the ball in his position would score a try! Farrell Academy award & always gets away with it but wouldn’t have affected result, so why Cheik is endlessly whinging, pbly starting to panic on seriously losing his job-as if RA could make the decision. Oh wait... they don’t have the money to pay him out cos the Rebels need a top up & Hooper wants his Xmas bonus or pay to have an operation on his eyes. FFS -is this lot the complete circus joke of the year or what. Am Soooo glad the Force are outbof this but sooooo pissed off what they’ve done to the Wallabies!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Well completely underwhelmed by that performance. There seems to be a few seconds of good play and then completely brain fart. What the hell is going on with that team?!! DHP seemed to play either terrific or absoluty balls up, but seemed one of the the few actually trying! Put in as wing and played the whole game as halfback, Folau as usual plays handbags at the ruck waiting for his gifted pass to claim glory, seriously ANYONE handed the ball in his position would score a try! Farrell Academy award & always gets away with it but wouldn’t have affected result, so why Cheik is endlessly whinging, pbly starting to panic on seriously losing his job-as if RA could make the decision. Oh wait... they don’t have the money to pay him out cos the Rebels need a top up & Hooper wants his Xmas bonus or pay to have an operation on his eyes. FFS -is this lot the complete circus joke of the year or what. Am Soooo glad the Force are outbof this but sooooo pissed off what they’ve done to the Wallabies!
    I have watched Cheika’s press conference the first six minutes was spent joking and banging on about referees. Nothing about getting to the point about poor ball carrying, passing, kicking and giving England a hall pass at the breakdown. This is before we get to the point of the scrum getting mullered. Beaten at nearly every facet.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    It's oft missed in Australian Rugby reporting, but overseas before Cheika and Hooper come into the room for the post match press conference, they play this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1fV...gl=SG&hl=en-GB

vCash
    Indeed they were, it was like watching an under 15s rugby practice match playing the big boys. I can’t understand how virtually every player has regressed so badly since being in the Wallabies. Any potential talent just gets destroyed & they look like zombies on field. I keep hearing how passionate Cheik is about rugby & the team, well if he actually did give a duck’s fart about what’s going on, then he should do the honourable thing & WALK! The Lebanese Silk Trader has done his dash-get the hell out & let someone salvage a bit of respect from the laughing stock the Wobblies are right now.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Amazing that DHP had arguably the best game of all in gold for few games of late, yet has he been offered an extended contract? My money is that he comes home for GGR or we will never see him play again after RWC.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    You think both DHP and RHP will come home, TIF? It would be fantastic if they did

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    You think both DHP and RHP will come home, TIF? It would be fantastic if they did
    My mail has DHP leaving rugby all together after RWC, perhaps GGR may change his mind, but postman generally gets his deliveries spot on. Only time will tell.

No mail RHP.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Leaving the game altogether? Wow!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well, as usual this year, I didn't watch. But is this what you are referring to?...............

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=1...209#post462209

I really think this needs to be addressed. Genuine decoy runners, by definition, should have to be running from behind the ball carrier. It seems a coached tactic, as all NZ sides have used it for a few years and now England have taken it on board.
    Actually nah, I'm referring to an old wound from 1999/2000s or so. The "Anti-Brumbies Laws" a bunch of refereeing directives designed to bugger up the Southern hemisphere style of rugby, the poor ol' Kiwis suffered just as much as we did with all that.

Last edited by chibi; 25-11-18 at 21:06.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast