Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby approved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Yup. I hear you
    Senator Siewart needs to put the foot down. The silence is deafining on the conduct of witnesses investigation.

I see the NAB CEO will be in front of the Banking Royal Commission to answer questions no doubt in relation to the breaches occurred under Uncle Cam’s watch. Anyone got a contact email for the Inquiry?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I just think the fines and suspensions should be longer for red cards. At present the suspension system is as weak as dishwater.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It isn’t though. Sam Cane has put players on stretchers with shoulder charges to the head. Not been sent off or banned. In the Dublin match where Cane shoulder charged Henshaw in the head and Cane came up with a bs excuse. No ban. Mick Kearney the Irish manager said that 11 separate incidents committed by the ABs were looked at by the citing commissioner only Fekitoa was banned for clothes lining Zebo (off the subsequent penalty Heaslip was clothes lined by Read in a maul five metres out). Judiciary said Fekitoa should have got red carded. Guess who the ref was Jaco Peyper and I don’t think he has been near a Irish match since (nor a AB match).

Two weeks prior Moody spear tackled Henshaw only a Irish player broke his fall so he didn’t land on his neck. Should have been a red for the spear and no citing. Not long after he nailed a Irish player that was borderline yellow which would have seen a red.

People have got to stop seeing red cards as ruining matches it is the players who themselves, captains and coaches have to control it is not the referees fault. The 15 minute replacement thing will create a thug’s charter.
    There was something about that Irish game that just spelled mob justice.

Another classic was the Wales game some time back with Andrew Hore punching out Bradley Davies in a clothes line swing punch to the back of the head.. another game where the All Blacks went bat shit crazy.

Then again the All Blacks cop their fair share of unjust decisions.. lots of hits on McCaw unpunished and some violent hits that were including Tiquiri's classic. We had Brendon Cannon punch Mealamu square in the face at a ruck some time before that.. rugby is just full of incident,it's the nature of a sport that on occasion can turn it seems any man feral when they have a moment of madness

vCash
    Stu Dickinson was banished by Paddy O’Brien after penalising Wyatt Crockett (who stole a career by boring in) in the Milan match. O’Brien went in to the ABs’ hotel and apologised. Dickinson was proven to be correct and should have sued. Along with O’Brien getting his P45. Mark Lawrence’s banishment from the top panel has not been explained.

The refeeeing in the 2009 Lions Series was brutal in the first two tests. Schalk Burger blaringly eye gouged Luke Fitzgerald in touch a clear red card. Christophe Berdos was the touch judge hasn’t been seen since. Conveniently not being able to communicate in English was one of the reasons. In the first test Bryce Lawrence son of Keith let the Beast get away with blatant boring in on Phil Vickery. Gave the Boks undeserved scrum dominance.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Can we keep at least one thread for chatting about GRR.
    Hence my posts in this thread to try and keep things "positivity". Old shite elsewhere, here

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Stu Dickinson was banished by Paddy O’Brien after penalising Wyatt Crockett (who stole a career by boring in) in the Milan match. O’Brien went in to the ABs’ hotel and apologised. Dickinson was proven to be correct and should have sued. Along with O’Brien getting his P45. Mark Lawrence’s banishment from the top panel has not been explained.

The refeeeing in the 2009 Lions Series was brutal in the first two tests. Schalk Burger blaringly eye gouged Luke Fitzgerald in touch a clear red card. Christophe Berdos was the touch judge hasn’t been seen since. Conveniently not being able to communicate in English was one of the reasons. In the first test Bryce Lawrence son of Keith let the Beast get away with blatant boring in on Phil Vickery. Gave the Boks undeserved scrum dominance.
    I think the whole of New Zealand is still waiting for an explanation from World Rugby to explain the offside which cost them the lions series, they have set a dangerous precedent with these explanations and went awfully silent after the series got botched by referees. Ironically the second Lions test resulted in SBW being red carded, the All Blacks almost held on for a famous win but in the end simply ran out of steam and conceded the tries which cost them the second test... what is bizarre about that red card is you could have made a similar argument about Owen Farrells shoulder on André Esterhuizen. World Rugby are hypocrites when it suits

Another famous shocker was the last 60min of the game in the 2007 quarter final, France vs NZL when France didnt concede a single penalty for the last 20min of the first half and the entire second half despite having about 30% posession and territory. Graham Henry mentioned the possibility of match fixing.. very interesting

vCash
    What comes goes around comes with the ABs. You can name numerous tests where the ABs got away with choice refereeing decisions to get away with a win (this is ignoring their offside play and side entries). The Welsh still talk about Andy Haden’s chicanery.

For that match in 2007 to be considered match fixing this is dangerous territory even the moronic the RA wouldn’t go down. You can spend periods without the ball and not give away penalties. Dusautoir made 40 odd tackles which suggests the ABs played one out and the French didn’t commit which gives away less chance of giving away a penalty.

Last edited by Bakkies; 23-11-18 at 22:57.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    RA in its current guise isn't equipped to run a commercial operation such as GRR...
    While that may have been their original delusion regarding the future, that stopped being an option when they forced the competition offshore. But while I'd agree that may be beyond their very limited capabilities, that wasn't what I said. They will ultimately need to assume control of or eliminate GRR within Australia - either get control of or eliminate the Force. They've done it once, and I've no doubt they'd back themselves to do it again when they would be fighting for their very relevance controlling the sport. I suspect they'd particularly back themselves if they get let back onto the fold by those prepared to either forgive or forget.

vCash
    I'm happy the comp is based off-shore, and more than happy that it's the HKRFU. There are more Asian teams and (now) more Pacific teams in this comp than Australian; considering the climate in RANZR, the thought of basing it here wouldn't have even crossed my mind in the first place.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11