Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby approved

vCash
    Haha you've got a lot to learn probie

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    Jesus. There's a bit of the conspiracies going on here. Comments get moderated all the time. I've had comments that I would say were fairly mild moderated and even not posted in the past. Settle down everyone.
    And you're OK with that? I can understand why you've started spending more time here if that's so.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    And you're OK with that? I can understand why you've started spending more time here if that's so.
    It's annoying. But there could be several reasons for it. Most likely some kind of protocol set in place by the developers to identify potential issues. 90% of the time at least they get posted but on occasion they don't. But that could be down to volume more than anything. Certainly not some conspiracy against WF supporters on behalf of RA. I've seen plenty of fairly savage criticism of RA on The Roar which kind of suggests they aren't in some kind of cabal with one another.

vCash
    But that could be down to volume more than anything.
    If it is, the Roar developers don't really know anything about the Internet.

Volume is precisely the metric that is used to measure Internet success.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If it is, the Roar developers don't really know anything about the Internet.

Volume is precisely the metric that is used to measure Internet success.
    I wasn't referring to users. I was referring to volume of flagged posts. Depending on how they are sorting them there is a possibility that volume could have an effect on postings as opposed to someone intentionally censoring certain people contribution based on the team they support.

vCash
    You have a lot to learn probie

Many of us TWFers have been black listed, moderated to silence, shunned, abused etc by admins, mods and posters on GAGR, Roar, Rugby.com.au for the past year for daring to mention the Force and any one of - take your pick - RA/Clyne/Pulver/Rebels/Cox/Clarke/Senate Inquiry/North let alone post actual articles. During the Senate Inquiry in particular it was Krystalnacht all over again

Other than JSJ, how many articles on GRR launch have been posted by the eastern states press/websites? Sweet FA that's how many

Santimony won't get you very far here pard

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

Many of us TWFers have been black listed, moderated to silence, shunned, abused etc by admins, mods and posters on GAGR, Roar, Rugby.com.au for the past year for daring to mention the Force and any one of - take your pick - RA/Clyne/Pulver/Rebels/Cox/Clarke/Senate Inquiry/North let alone post actual articles. During the Senate Inquiry in particular it was Krystalnacht all over again

Other than JSJ, how many articles on GRR launch have been posted by the eastern states press/websites? Sweet FA that's how many

Santimony won't get you very far here pard
    Okay, buddy. A few things. I originally signed up here while I was living in WA and I left the state in 2009. And while it has been quite some time between posts I'm quite familiar with the forum.

Regarding places like GAGR. I'm quite active over there. And I know for a fact the topic has been regularly discussed both in the forum and in their daily news for since the whole saga has started. Both Kiap and Andrewg (who goes by the name of ForceFan on GAGR) of this parish plus others such as Aurelius would be able to back that up. GRR even has a fairly active thread as well as a Force 2018 thread. The only posts that get flagged over there are those that go too far when it comes to playing the man.

It's hardly being shunned in terms of being able to discuss all things related to the Force. Neither is someone providing an opposing viewpoint or just plain disagreeing with you. That's called having a discussion. If threads were being shut down and posters being banned then yes. Then you'd have a case but unless you can actually provide evidence of that on GAGR then you're letting a sense of persecution impair your perspective.

I spend less time over at The Roar these days because its descended into a relentlessly negative platform on all fronts. I agree that there should be more stories about GRR and the Force on the site. But it's hardly been a beacon of harmony in regards to RA. And a lot of the stories as you would know are fan driven. So if you want more on there then start writing and you'll find that they'll post your stuff without any issue. I have an active interest in the development of the game in the US. But for the most part none of The Roar regular contributors cover it. So my solution has been to actively seek out those on the ground and write about it myself. If you were to find all the articles on US Rugby spanning the last 10 years you'll see a familiar name at the top of a great many if not most of them.

My point is, if you want more discussion of the topic get it out there. Not by adding a comment here and there but write about it. Stop the 'we're be discriminated' tag line as that's not true. All that does is make you sound bitter and actually galvanises those who support other teams against you. Because at the moment much of the rhetoric here reminds me of one of my uncles. And you really don't want to sound anything like my uncle. The bloke is farking nuts.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

vCash
    Just reading that the South China Tigers will be playing at the Siu Sai Wan Stadium and then the Aberdeen Sports Ground, which is a bit of a shame considering that both have an athletics track around the pitch. I would have thought the Mong Kok ground, where the SunWolves played, would have been the better option?

Siu San Wan:

Aberdeen Sports:

Mong Kok:

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Okay, buddy. A few things. I originally signed up here while I was living in WA and I left the state in 2009. And while it has been quite some time between posts I'm quite familiar with the forum.
    What was your name/alias/handle that you posted under back then because your profile shows you only joined in November 2018, and why didn't you re-join us with that one?

I don't look at those other sites and don't really care how they operate.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

Smart move TIF.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Alright. I'll make a couple of points.

• First, perhaps the less popular one: Sittingbison is not totally wrong in what he said.

Things have moved on now (and it's not really the case since) but, during the peak of last year, quite a few Force posters were permabinned from GAGR for no real reason. This was not a GAGR policy from the top; I suspect it was one of the mods who went a bit rogue and is no longer with the site (probably best for himself as well as the forums). Believe it was a Vic-based guy who'd, ironically, spent several years previously in WA.

Westralians, let's say, do pick up on these snubs. They are real in some cases, although not always. In some cases, it's a misreading of the actual situation.

That's not to say some Force supporters weren't deservedly binned. Some of the Rebels vs Force spite was ugly during 2017.

While not forgetting that, I reckon it is time to focus on the future.

As for The Roar, while occasional stuff is worth a read, I don't bother commenting there. It's not really worth the hassle.

• Second, WCRugger is not a bad guy for a NSWelshman and he's supportive of having a new comp in Rapid Rugby. He should probably spend a bit more time in the saddle here before delivering his stump speeches, but that's just my opinion - and I'm still a n00b myself despite reading TWF guff for ten years.

Both Kiap and Andrewg (who goes by the name of ForceFan on GAGR) of this parish plus others such as Aurelius would be able to back that up. GRR even has a fairly active thread as well as a Force 2018 thread. The only posts that get flagged over there are those that go too far when it comes to playing the man.
    Generally true.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Just reading that the South China Tigers will be playing at the Siu Sai Wan Stadium and then the Aberdeen Sports Ground, which is a bit of a shame considering that both have an athletics track around the pitch. I would have thought the Mong Kok ground, where the SunWolves played, would have been the better option?
    Yep

Mong Kok:

Proper rectangular layout

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    What was your name/alias/handle that you posted under back then because your profile shows you only joined in November 2018, and why didn't you re-join us with that one?

WCR back when I first signed up in late 08 when I was still living in Karratha. It has been so long between visits that I actually forgot much of my details and just decided to go through the sign up process again.

Player
    vCash

Siu San Wan:

Aberdeen Sports:

Mong Kok:

Mong Kok should have been the logical choice. Rectangular stadium and likely the most ideal size.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast