Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby approved

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is WCR . Are you preaching the good news to TWF supporters or seeking out TWF membership or is it something to fill time before the Chaser?
    Literally all my internet activity is an attempt to distract myself from having to do my actual work. But the answer is neither. I'm just here offering my opinion.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    Literally all my internet activity is an attempt to distract myself from having to do my actual work. But the answer is neither. I'm just here offering my opinion.
    ok so there is no point to your raves , you don't want twf membership, Chaser starts in twenty minutes or so.

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    ok so there is no point to your raves , you don't want twf membership, Chaser starts in twenty minutes or so.
    I'm sorry but what is Chaser?

vCash
    So reading through some of the posts regarding the red card being 15 mins...

Is it not that that player who infringed is removed from the game and the position able to be replaced after 15min?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    So reading through some of the posts regarding the red card being 15 mins...

Is it not that that player who infringed is removed from the game and the position able to be replaced after 15min?
    Yes.

The player that infringes is permanently removed from the game after the red card, however, after 15minutes, the offending team can put on a replacement who is NOT the offender

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I am a fan of this, I remember i sat down to watch the second AB V France test and after the red card in the first 5 min, I never bothered watching the rest. It was even worse that it was an AB who pushed the French player into contact with Barrett

Player
    vCash
    I like it. Hopefully referees will be more inclined to remove the offender knowing that it won't kill the game, and that foul play can be dealt with later.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I am a fan of this, I remember i sat down to watch the second AB V France test and after the red card in the first 5 min, I never bothered watching the rest. It was even worse that it was an AB who pushed the French player into contact with Barrett
    That is grasping at straws. That was clearly a red. World rugby has shat the bed lately with cards. Remember Poites penalty reversal that cost the All Blacks the Lions series, Garces had a hand in that too.. the game is clearly broken from a referee level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    That is grasping at straws. That was clearly a red. World rugby has shat the bed lately with cards. Remember Poites penalty reversal that cost the All Blacks the Lions series, Garces had a hand in that too.. the game is clearly broken from a referee level.
    I understand the rules and that it dictated a red (even though it was over turned in the review) with how the rules are and trying to protect the player. But still it ruined the game in the first 5 min.

vCash
    For goodness sake WCRugger.

You've done the same thing on the G&GR thread on GRR.

There are any number of threads on both sites about about the axing of the Western Force and problems with RA.

We all know what Rugby Australia has to do - but over the past 2 years they have shown zero tendency to move in the right direction regarding WA. The strategy was obviously put in place over some period of time before the axing.

At this point in time RA has ZERO impact upon GRR. They don't need to part of any conversation re GRR.

Can we keep at least one thread for chatting about GRR.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I understand the rules and that it dictated a red (even though it was over turned in the review) with how the rules are and trying to protect the player. But still it ruined the game in the first 5 min.
    Yeah you are right. I am more comfortable with this 15min rule than the current one. Although I would actually prefer 20min eg. The equivalent of two Yellow cards. However Global Rapid Rugby is only 35min halves so maybe 15min makes sense. At Test level I would prefer 20min though then a replacement.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    For goodness sake WCRugger.

You've done the same thing on the G&GR thread on GRR.

There are any number of threads on both sites about about the axing of the Western Force and problems with RA.

We all know what Rugby Australia has to do - but over the past 2 years they have shown zero tendency to move in the right direction regarding WA. The strategy was obviously put in place over some period of time before the axing.

At this point in time RA has ZERO impact upon GRR. They don't need to part of any conversation re GRR.

Can we keep at least one thread for chatting about GRR.
    I still wanna know what Rugby Australias plan was for WA. They announced they werent abandoning the state but they did, they said they had a plan and we never heard it, there was apparently a spreadsheet but we never saw it, apparently the alliance agreement was genuine but it confirmed our demise and senate inquiry evidence suggests it was preplanned according to the leaked minutes (something ignored by the east coast media and fans).

We have since got the least amount of funding, been relegated to a competition (the NRC) watched by about 7 people each weekend (except when the Force play at home) and doesnt even get TV coverage unless you have some shitty online foxsports login website streaming subscription that u cannot sign up to with your actual foxtel email address, I mean WTF! What the fucking fuck actually, and these guys want us to take them seriously, Clyne, Raelene, Robinson, and the other muppets honestly expect our state to ever trust them again, RA want forgiveness, are they deluded, seriously? Its pitchforks and daggers here, if Clyne walked into any local rugby club in WA he probably wouldnt come out alive, if he did he would have a permanent disability that's for sure, that's how angry the sea of blue mob is and it extends to the average Western Australian that has since got whiff of the Injustices thanks to Oliver Peterson and Nick Taylor etc. Twiggy has been championing the fight but our media have been amazing making sure it doesnt get buried.

As I said before with the birth of Global Rapid Rugby the fight starts now. This is only round 1, round 2 is taking Sydney and round 3 is taking Australia... the end game is the death of super rugby and subsequently leaving the aussie super rugby franchises stateless/comp less and basically worthless with IPs lucky to be worth a $1

vCash
    Someone posted the link up on the sea of blue fb. And it looks like it was Gregory hall with his telepathic powers of knowing about every force article ever released within seconds of its release.

Ian Prior comparing Global Rapid Rugby to T20 cricket.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/aa...e-skipper.html

Rugby needs to evolve, says Force skipper

By Australian Associated Press
    15:21 AEDT 21 Nov 2018, updated 15:21 AEDT 21 Nov 2018

That's the thinking behind Andrew Forrest's Global Rapid Rugby, and Western Force skipper Ian Prior predicts it will become rugby's version of Twenty20 cricket.

Forrest will launch his new competition in either late February or early March, with the proposed rule changes set to encourage a more free-flowing, exciting brand of rugby.

One of the new rule changes that excites Prior the most is the chance to pull off a rugby league-style 40-20 kick.

Nine-point Power Tries, rolling substitutions, and no direct kicks for touch from inside the defensive 22m will also add to the spectacle.

ADVERTISING

Prior, who stuck with the Force after it was axed from Super Rugby at the end of 2017, believes rugby needs to change to keep up with the times.

"Certain aspects of the game were probably a bit stale," Prior said.

"Challenging the norm has been a big point (of this new competition). We want to play a high octane brand of rugby.

"When Twenty20 came about in cricket, everyone was hesitant about that. I'm a Test cricket fan myself, so I was also hesitant about Twenty20.

"But now it's the biggest product they probably have, the biggest revenue driver.

"If you don't evolve, your sport can fizzle out. It's a pretty competitive sporting landscape in Australia, so you've got to keep evolving."

Forrest, who has an estimated worth of $4.4 billion, is hopeful of attracting 20 of the world's top 100 rugby players to Global Rapid Rugby.

Marquee players will be spread across the eight franchises.

Forrest is confident the new competition will be a success, but the critics aren't so sure.

Prior said the success of World Series Rugby this year - when the Force played seven exhibition games in front of big crowds - proved there was a hunger for something new.

""We proved people wrong this year with World Series Rugby," Prior said.

"They said it wouldn't work, we wouldn't get crowds, and we proved them wrong by having the highest representation per week in crowds.

"We've got new, innovative countries who want to grow the game.

"I guess with change there's always a little bit of nervousness from other people that are outside the bubble. But being part of it is very exciting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I am struggling to see the difference between what Harold Mitchell has been accused of the Rebels sale to Cox. Both went to lower bidders without a proper tender process.
    Yup. I hear you

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I like it. Hopefully referees will be more inclined to remove the offender knowing that it won't kill the game, and that foul play can be dealt with later.
    It isn’t though. Sam Cane has put players on stretchers with shoulder charges to the head. Not been sent off or banned. In the Dublin match where Cane shoulder charged Henshaw in the head and Cane came up with a bs excuse. No ban. Mick Kearney the Irish manager said that 11 separate incidents committed by the ABs were looked at by the citing commissioner only Fekitoa was banned for clothes lining Zebo (off the subsequent penalty Heaslip was clothes lined by Read in a maul five metres out). Judiciary said Fekitoa should have got red carded. Guess who the ref was Jaco Peyper and I don’t think he has been near a Irish match since (nor a AB match).

Two weeks prior Moody spear tackled Henshaw only a Irish player broke his fall so he didn’t land on his neck. Should have been a red for the spear and no citing. Not long after he nailed a Irish player that was borderline yellow which would have seen a red.

People have got to stop seeing red cards as ruining matches it is the players who themselves, captains and coaches have to control it is not the referees fault. The 15 minute replacement thing will create a thug’s charter.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast