Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Check out South China Tigers launch on FB and their own website
    They have announced Tom Varndell, ex-England Leicester Tigers and Fiji 7s Sami Viriviri amongst others in their squad.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by wholetruth; 05-03-19 at 17:43.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    They have announced Tom Varndell, ex-England Leicester Tigers and Fiji 7s Sami Viriviri amongst others in their squad.
    It looks awesome!! And seeing Tom Varndell out there will be a huge hit with me!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Yeah just checked it out, it's a very decent website, puts alot of super rugby team websites to shame. I quite like the style they are going with, the websites seem very direct and information is easy and in your face to find. It will be interesting to see who the APD sign up, it might be a little late to get marquee players at this stage, although going by prior news they raided Otago and a few other kiwi provinces so I bet they will be decent even without any marquee players.

It's good to see teams like this emerging with Websites and facebook pages. Its finally happening.

https://southchinatigers.com/

Edit . Added URL

Last edited by SPaRTAN; 05-03-19 at 20:37.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Simple, don't go

Ass

Friday isn't a school night, school night is the night before a school d a y.

Yes I find it hard to make a Friday night game, but at least it doesn't affect my sporting commitments on the weekend.

How much would you whinge if the force hf ame was scheduled in direct opposition to your kids' Saturday rugby game?

I suppose that would be a "kid friendly" time, wouldn't it?
    Are these all the juniors that have to kick off at 8AM every Saturday with about 30min of training before hand and then the drive included on top? Yeah I'm pretty sure they get the raw end of the deal with Friday night fixtures. This scheduling means that these junior players are expected to be up watching the match till 10pm, and some have about an hour of getting home on top which means they are up till 11pm and then back up at 6am the very next morning getting ready to head out to junior Rugby. The scheduling is pure madness and absolutely no consideration at all has gone in to junior players and families with these fixtures. What a way to "show case" global rapid rugby.

vCash
    Friday night fixtures are balls for people who don’t work or live near the CBD. It is manageable travel wise a bit further out if you don’t have kids to pick up and take with you.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I don't need to convince anyone, because it's a fact, in GRR first ever fixture release they have shat the bed. They spent all this time promoting the game for families with light shows, parachuting dudes from the sky, that it would be at family friendly times, afternoon rugbys back etc ad nauseum. But instead they have gone back to the old mentality of trying to cash in on beer and beverage sales at the expense of attendance numbers by targetting Friday nights. If they were serious about supporting kids and families then the fixture list would have looked similar to last years with the majority of games falling on Friday with Saturday and Sunday games in the mix. We even had 17k turn up to a mothers day fixture on a sunday and that game was absolutely stacked with families and kids, it was the future I thought the Force was smart enough to see, but in their first official fixture list release under GRR they have shat the bed, and oh boy it's a big one.
    You are going to have to forgive SpArTaN. He is part of the #EveryoneElse movement.

#EveryoneElse members are those people who have to voice a complaint about something because they beleive that everyone else has the exact same problem they do.

#EveryoneElse members are very good at playing the victim.

sPaRTan. Go to the games, or dont go to the games. Bring the kids or dont bring the kids,
    none of us give a shit.

But for the love of all that good in the world.

WILL you please shut the fuck up!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    South China Tigers getting into the GRR vibe,

From Rugby Reg on G&GR:
    The bulk of the team will be made up of Hong Kong national 15-a-side players, but also features Fiji Olympic gold medallist Samisoni Viriviri, English premiership’s all-time leading try scorer, Tom Varndell, and Chinese national players Ma Chong and Liu Junkui.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    But instead they have gone back to the old mentality of trying to cash in on beer and beverage sales at the expense of attendance numbers by targetting Friday nights.
    This is, in my opinion, the stupidest part of your argument. If we run the numbers. You say that this decision is motivated by a cash grab through selling more "beer" (I'm going to make some assumptions on price, because I actually don't care what the beer costs at the ground, you'll find out why later) Let's assume that a beer costs 7 bucks and 3 bucks of that is profit. (feel free to correct that if you have actual information) 3 bucks off 7 bucks is a pretty high profit margin and would be even better if you factor in a percentage to cover server wages, hire, cleaning etc. Let's assume that the attendance at each game is roughly 14k, that's reasonable, given the average attendance of last year, the crowd numbers won't be as high Let's assume that for a Friday night fixture a drinking culture does exist and it translates to an extra beer for every ticket sold, that's pretty reasonable since the crowd will also have punters who. Are children, because some parents want to (apparently) fuck up their education and their sporting aspirations by (shock horror) letting them stay up on a Friday night Are, like me, going to watch the rugby and only buy a drink at breaks so that they don't miss the game Of course some just won't be drinkers So with these assumptions, twiggy stands to make an extra42 grand off the match MAXIMUM Do you really think a businessman who is funding a million dollar purse, marquee players, fully funding one entire team, with travel hiring the grounds and all the other associated costs has decided to take a hit on crowd numbers (your concept, not mine) for 42grand a game? That's barely pocket change in the context of running the game, let alone to a bloke who makes hundreds of millions a year in dividends by sitting on his arse? You are, quite literally, insane!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sorry but he is correct. With every single game being on a Friday night at 7.45pm I won't be taking my 3 kids age 7,5 and 3. So that is 5 people not going. There will be more like me.

The scheduling is sh1t they could have mixed it up a little bit.

In comparison the latest start for a West Coast Eagles game is 6.10pm and they have Friday nights, Saturday nights and sunday afternoons.

vCash
    Surprised all of the games have been pencilled in for Fridays but I don't think the problem is the Friday night fixture but the actual kick off time of 7:45 which struck me as late.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Sorry but he is correct. With every single game being on a Friday night at 7.45pm I won't be taking my 3 kids age 7,5 and 3. So that is 5 people not going. There will be more like me.

The scheduling is sh1t they could have mixed it up a little bit.

In comparison the latest start for a West Coast Eagles game is 6.10pm and they have Friday nights, Saturday nights and sunday afternoons.
    To be fair the AFL fixtures that in for east coast TV (in regards to the 6:10 start time for a Thursday/Friday night fixture.)

vCash
    I wonder why they made it 7.40. Better TV exposure outside our time zone maybe? Would be interesting to find out the reasoning.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    I'm in agreeance with Buddha and the other bloke. My young fella is 9 and usually a zombie by 8:30 on a Friday. Plus by the time the game ends buses around my way are coming to a halt so makes it equally harder to get home from the train station.

vCash
    Don't kids finish school at 3-ish. Give em a 3 hours pour nap and they'll be right.

Player
    vCash
    I accept that Friday night doesn't suit everyone, but I absolutely reject the notion that the organisers are morons or that they have no other motivation than money.

Let's look at it logically. There was a short lead time, so any ground bookings had to work around other sports and concerts. The Glory (in particular) would have made multiple bookings in expectation of finals appearances. Secondly, Pacific Island teams prefer to not play on a Sunday. That should be considered and respected. Thirdly, there was criticism last year that Saturday games disenfranchised club rugby players and volunteers. Fourthly, it would be wise to avoid clashing with Super Rugby games, if only to keep potential broadcasters happy. So that points back to Friday nights after any SR broadcasts have finished.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Let's face it, Hodgo specifically targeted Friday nights so SPaRTAN couldn't make it

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast