Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    OK, looking at that draw why was an actual home and away series in a tournament set up so hard to arrange?
    Dunno the answer. However, some points that may factor in - broadcaster still being negotiated, so that revenue arm shut off; also, on the cost side, it would probably be at least double for H&A. Early days for the other teams as well compared with the Force (who have built for a year) to fully compete over 12+ rounds. This gives a taste and some preparation for next year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    OK, looking at that draw why was an actual home and away series in a tournament set up so hard to arrange?
    Stadium availability?

Player
    vCash
    I had a very similar thought. Either way, at least we'll see the Force in action this year.

vCash
    So, having bought tickets for 7 games this year, I only see 6 games at HBF Park.

Does this mean I get free entry to another match this year?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    So, having bought tickets for 7 games this year, I only see 6 games at HBF Park.

No.
    I think it means that we got dudded.

vCash
    Singapore - HK InnForcers tour looks very appealing

But will probably have to settle for beers at Ballymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    No. I think it means that we got dudded.
    Dudded is a relative description, you were in the mix for potentially seeing fewer than that. Has anybody heard about TV coverage for the away games?

C'mon the

vCash

I think it will allow you to attend a game of the Pindan Premier Comp for free

vCash
    Very bizarre not to see an official table released considering the draw. I'm sure when this series kicks off there will be a table for the asian series and one for the Pacific series similar to the old Trinations series. If not, well like I said before I will be doing one, you can all thank me for my generosity another time as I'm not really in the mood to be pampered with congratulary and thank you messages when Mindaroo with all their billions could have had a 12 year old throw one together for both series as part of a work experience gig..

Nothing right now suggests there wont be a table, I'm fine with 2 different series (Pacific and Asian), as long as we get a result from each one, a lack of a table shows a lack of foresight and dare I say it, A lack of planning.

vCash

You're entitled to your opinion but I don't have the same view.

My Force Membership bought me the following (from the initial Membership Announcement):

MEMBER BENEFITS

All Members will receive:

• Your 2019 membership includes access to all regular season fixtures at HBF Park (formerly nib Stadium) and any invitational fixtures and/or pre-season games hosted by the Western Force.
    • Full season memberships also include entry to all NRC home games, however, number of games, and venue details will be finalised in due course.
    • Access to exclusive Members Bar at HBF Park
    • Weekly Members e-Newsletter
    • 15% off all Western Force merchandise online, at the Team Store or on match day (excludes sale items)
    • 15% off additional tickets to home matches
    • Invitation to attend Special Events throughout the year
    • Priority access to purchase tickets to all Global Rapid Rugby Home Finals played in 2019
    • Access to Force Rewards Store

There is no mention of the number of games.
    Any other expectations have been created by the numerous rumours and speculation.

My expectation is that there may be additional games (which have yet to be finalised).

I am just rapt that we still have a professional team in Perth with some top class games to see at home and maybe plan a short holiday around.

Great to see WA maintaining a development pathway for our home-grown rugby talent because Rugby Australia is contributing sweet Fanny Adams

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would think that it's due to a wide range of issues.

Any team to play in a competition or against other teams from other countries requires:
    +Approval of the Club itself
    +Approval from the Regional Rugby Union (if there is one)
    +Approval from the National Rugby Union.
    +Approval from World Rugby
    All of these approvals would have been gained for Global Rapid Rugby competition.
    When trying to get GRR up and going a tentative fixture would have been created and grounds booked.
    The funding/broadcast arrangements would have been partially if not fully negotiated.
    Agreement may/may not have been reached on Minderoo's contribution to the total cost.

Once GRR was postponed I would expect that an entire suite of approvals would be required as above.
    This would also have included approval from Rugby Australia for the Western Force to play in a different competition involving different venues in Australia.
    With the start of Super Rugby I can imagine that RA wasn't in a hurry to give anything that the Western Force was doing any level of airtime/promotion as it was hard enough already for SR to get any coverage (and still is).

As all of this is different to GRR there would have been the issue of just how much of these new arrangements was going to be paid by Minderoo (Andrew Forrest) and I would think a whole new suite of sponsorship deals to arrange.

I reckon that Matt Hodgson and the Minderoo team have done a bloody marvelous job if even some of the above represents the real situation.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I would think that it's due to a wide range of issues.

Any team to play in a competition or against other teams from other countries requires:
    +Approval of the Club itself
    +Approval from the Regional Rugby Union (if there is one)
    +Approval from the National Rugby Union.
    +Approval from World Rugby
    All of these approvals would have been gained for Global Rapid Rugby competition.
    When trying to get GRR up and going a tentative fixture would have been created and grounds booked.
    The funding/broadcast arrangements would have been partially if not fully negotiated.
    Agreement may/may not have been reached on Minderoo's contribution to the total cost.

Once GRR was postponed I would expect that an entire suite of approvals would be required as above.
    This would also have included approval from Rugby Australia for the Western Force to play in a different competition involving different venues in Australia.
    With the start of Super Rugby I can imagine that RA wasn't in a hurry to give anything that the Western Force was doing any level of airtime/promotion as it was hard enough already for SR to get any coverage (and still is).

As all of this is different to GRR there would have been the issue of just how much of these new arrangements was going to be paid by Minderoo (Andrew Forrest) and I would think a whole new suite of sponsorship deals to arrange.

I reckon that Matt Hodgson and the Minderoo team have done a bloody marvelous job if even some of the above represents the real situation.
    Yeah but the official fixture list shows that for the Asian series all 3 teams play each other twice- why the lack of table? -maybe it's just because it hasnt started therefore one hasn't been drawn up yet.

In the Pacific series it also shows all 3 teams playing each other twice, hence an even number of games, so why no table? -maybe it's due to this series not having started just yet too.

The TriNations which we had for over a decade and a half only had 3 teams, and for over a decade all 3 teams only played each other twice, home and away, similar to the fixtures announced.

You don't seem to be addressing the question/concern, nothing you have said seems to be relevant to the question asked which is why the lack of a table?

It seems like a pretty massive oversight if they havent bothered to have a table for each series this year when the fixture list clearly shows potential for a typical 3 team tournament in each showcase series. It's actually very strange, I understand the logistics of trying to get all 6 teams playing in a home and away tournament but this isnt the case with the released fixtures list, it's clearly two 3 team series/tournaments which could easily be run like the Trinations was for almost two decades

Senior Player
    vCash
    There's a prize for the winner of each subseries, so I'm sure they'll show us the means for generating that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Very bizarre not to see an official table released considering the draw. I'm sure when this series kicks off there will be a table for the asian series and one for the Pacific series similar to the old Trinations series. If not, well like I said before I will be doing one, you can all thank me for my generosity another time as I'm not really in the mood to be pampered with congratulary and thank you messages when Mindaroo with all their billions could have had a 12 year old throw one together for both series as part of a work experience gig..

Nothing right now suggests there wont be a table, I'm fine with 2 different series (Pacific and Asian), as long as we get a result from each one, a lack of a table shows a lack of foresight and dare I say it, A lack of planning.
    This all seems like petty bitching to me.

The western Force put out an announcement announcing the Western Force games.

Global Rapid Rugby put out the 2019 GRR Showcase announcement which shows all of the games structured around the Asia and Pacific Showcases.

It seems that even Rugby Reg gets it at G&GR.

Seriously - what's the problem?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    This all seems like petty bitching to me.

Seriously - what's the problem?
    Possibly Rikardus Craniatus Syndrome. The remedy? Either take Westie's advice and ignore. Or alternatively take the piss. Under most circumstances a Rikardus Craniatus sufferer should not be taken seriously.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast