Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    Depite RA having stated that Force players are eligible for Wallaby selection, Cheiks has stubbornly refused to include any Force in the squad. However, Cheiks time is undoubtedly over - and from what Hodgo said on Friday night re the meetings with Castle & Scott Johnson, the pathways for the Force is definitely going ahead. Maybe if we had/have a Force player that they desperately want who definitely wants to stay at the Force, perhaps that would push RA into actually keeping their promise.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    On another note - if GRR signed some SR players over that would really set the cat among the pigeons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    On another note - if GRR signed some SR players over that would really set the cat among the pigeons.
    Yeah, surely, but why would we be signing self-interested plods who nobody else in the world wants?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    For the stars, that was probably always going to be the way. If Super Rugby is continually seen as the pinnacle of rugby in Australia and you can't get picked for the Wallabies without playing Super Rugby, and if the players are good enough to play in Super Rugby, then the only way to keep the top players is to pay them more.

I think we shouldn't be too precious about it. If a Super Rugby side wants one of our players, then they can pay us out the player's contract, or an agreed amount for our effort and cost in developing the player, and we wish them well. Until GRR becomes the pinnacle of rugby in Australia, there's not much more we can do.
    Definitely feel that the SR clubs should pay the Force some kind of transfer fee if we have developed them or pay out contracts but I can’t see why RA can’t pick Force players for the Wobblies. It’s starting to look though as many younger players would rather go overseas and earn a dollar than hang around and maybe get a chance to play for the Wobblies.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Definitely feel that the SR clubs should pay the Force some kind of transfer fee if we have developed them or pay out contracts but I can’t see why RA can’t pick Force players for the Wobblies. It’s starting to look though as many younger players would rather go overseas and earn a dollar than hang around and "maybe get a chance to play for the Wobblies."

Fixed

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Its the feeling of those in the know - that is: us experts on the East Coast, you know the Shute Shield crowd -

that GRR is of a standard below that of SupeRugby. therefore the players representing the Western Force are of that same standard.

I am not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing

But I am looking forward to the usual suspects losing their collective minds

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Its the feeling of those in the know - that is: us experts on the East Coast, you know the Shute Shield crowd -

that GRR is of a standard below that of SupeRugby. therefore the players representing the Western Force are of that same standard.
    I am looking forward to the NRC, when we will find out what standard the Force squad and players currently really are. All or most of the Wallabies will be missing from the Vikings, Melbourne, two NSW and two Qld sides. But the Force will be probably be missing four internationals (Samoa and USA) as well, so all will be fair in that regard.

vCash
    Yes, GRR is of a standard below Stupor Rugby....for now. Of course it is, I don't think anyone denies this. What it IS though is far more entertaining. And not coz the Force has hammered the opposition, who have generally put in although outclassed. Like every nacent competition the standard will improve given time.

However what the East Coast Experts from Shute Shield haven't admitted is that the Australian Stupor Rugby teams are ALSO of a standard below Stupor Rugby, filling four of the bottom five places. A longitudinal analysis over the past two seasons (sans Force) will also show that they fed off each other, they failed dismally against the other conferences.

And no, I didn't loose my mind, I looked at the table.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    You know I'm thinking about this the other day. It's only the Aussie players playing for the Force in GRR that are eligible for Wallaby selection at the moment isn't it? Makes me wonder if the Force could look at bringing in some of the other Aussies in from other GRR teams into the NRC squad, for this season at least? At least it would give them the chance at Wallaby selection? I dunno how many Aussies there are in GRR outside of the Force though.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Over on BookFace, I see Hawaii are promoting their Rapid Rugby team.
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

As have Malaysia earlier.
    https://www.facebook.com/Malaysiarapidrugby/

So we now have Force, HongKong, Singapore, Malayasia, Hawaii, Samoa, and Fiji with BookFace pages. Who will be the 8th team out of Japan, Western Sydney, Newcastle, or AN-other.?

My preference would be Japan. An existing team like Panasonic.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post

So we now have Force, HongKong, Singapore, Malayasia, Hawaii, Samoa, and Fiji with BookFace pages. Who will be the 8th team out of Japan, Western Sydney, Newcastle, or AN-other.?

That Hawaii page is not an official page affiliated with rapid rugby or Fale's group. It looks like it was created by a fan. I would not take that as confirmation of a Hawaii franchise

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post

Not overly sure how plausible a Japanese team would be considering the recent restructure of the league set up that will come into effect in 2020. Perhaps some kind of post season Cup competition might be an option.

Something like the AP Cup featuring the Top 4 from the Top League, GRR and the 4 Aus SR teams. Could be run during the RC window.

Last edited by WCRugger; 02-07-19 at 09:31.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I have to say, without the biggest player in the Asian market involved, I think GRR will struggle to be viable for long. IMO it needs them to create a stable base for the other teams...

vCash
    Has anything been resolved on the future of the Sunwolves after SR. Was speaking with a guy involved with Sunwolves at the Singapore Force game. And he mentioned they could be keen on being involved in GRR , possibility that Hodgo/Twiggy have already spoken to them. I believe the Rebs still think they have ties with them, whatever that means.

vCash
    I'd be happy for any news on GRR.

Surely they can make announcements for 2020?

Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast