Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I accept that Friday night doesn't suit everyone, but I absolutely reject the notion that the organisers are morons or that they have no other motivation than money.

Let's look at it logically. There was a short lead time, so any ground bookings had to work around other sports and concerts. The Glory (in particular) would have made multiple bookings in expectation of finals appearances. Secondly, Pacific Island teams prefer to not play on a Sunday. That should be considered and respected. Thirdly, there was criticism last year that Saturday games disenfranchised club rugby players and volunteers. Fourthly, it would be wise to avoid clashing with Super Rugby games, if only to keep potential broadcasters happy. So that points back to Friday nights after any SR broadcasts have finished.
    I really don't get why this gets bought up again and again when I've already checked the dates and they are all free and available on most of the weekends so don't pretend like the fixtures have been done to organise around concerts and other sports like A League when clearly that's not the case

22 MARCH - Saturday and sunday available
    29 MARCH -Aleague on Saturday, Sunday available
    13 APRIL- Saturday and Sunday available (ALeague may play the grand final on one of these dates If Glory qualify)
    31 MAY - Saturday and Sunday available
    21 JUN - friday and sunday available, Saturday booked out

Only one date clashes and that is the 29th March with an ALeague fixture on Saturday, but believe or not, the sunday is available that weekend on the 30th March.

Then providing the glory make the finals and have a home final and finish in the top 2 they would get an opportunity to play a final on the following weekend which that weekend doesn't have any Force games scheduled for. So providing the make the grand final it might clash with a potential Force game on the 14th or 15th of April. But that shouldn't stop the organisers having a few Saturday games but instead they shat themselves and the bed.

There are zero concert or event clashes on any other date but the two I mentioned above with the April date being a maybe due to the Glory needing to make the Grand final, if glory dont make the grand final then both weekend days are free, one weekend day is currently available already.

So let's stop the nonsense and stop pretending there is any other reason other than commercial reasons and profiteering. Well done Mindaroo on bringing the Rugbyroos program to WA but too bad that none of the kids that use the rugbyroos program are going to be able to see their team play. These fixtures are a disgrace to everything rugby stands for. Enjoy the beer drinking night with your mates, you deserve it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I really don't get why this gets bought up again and again when I've already checked the dates and they are all free and available on most of the weekends so don't pretend like the fixtures have been done to organise around concerts and other sports like A League when clearly that's not the case

22 MARCH - Saturday and sunday available
    29 MARCH -Aleague on Saturday, Sunday available
    13 APRIL- Saturday and Sunday available (ALeague may play the grand final on one of these dates If Glory qualify)
    31 MAY - Saturday and Sunday available
    21 JUN - friday and sunday available, Saturday booked out

Only one date clashes and that is the 29th March with an ALeague fixture on Saturday, but believe or not, the sunday is available that weekend on the 30th March.

Then providing the glory make the finals and have a home final and finish in the top 2 they would get an opportunity to play a final on the following weekend which that weekend doesn't have any Force games scheduled for. So providing the make the grand final it might clash with a potential Force game on the 14th or 15th of April. But that shouldn't stop the organisers having a few Saturday games but instead they shat themselves and the bed.

There are zero concert or event clashes on any other date but the two I mentioned above with the April date being a maybe due to the Glory needing to make the Grand final, if glory dont make the grand final then both weekend days are free, one weekend day is currently available already.

So let's stop the nonsense and stop pretending there is any other reason other than commercial reasons and profiteering. Well done Mindaroo on bringing the Rugbyroos program to WA but too bad that none of the kids that use the rugbyroos program are going to be able to see their team play. These fixtures are a disgrace to everything rugby stands for. Enjoy the beer drinking night with your mates, you deserve it.
    It’s not all about the Force there are other games to schedule too!
    Ps please explain how Twiggy will make a cent from beer being sold by the company that runs the catering? Are they giving out brown paper bags or something!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    FFS SNOB,don't bring logic into it!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    It’s not all about the Force there are other games to schedule too!
    Ps please explain how Twiggy will make a cent from beer being sold by the company that runs the catering? Are they giving out brown paper bags or something!
    Like what other games? You are avoiding the main issue which is 7:45pm kick offs, and every game is Friday. Not one game has been organized at family friendly times or on a family friendly day or night. Whether Twiggy is giving the sponsors/caterers an opportunity to make something out of their efforts supporting GRR at the stadium or not the point still stands that whoever organised this schedule is a complete muppet. I'm glad you aren't really addressing the issue, shows you actually don't have a genuine answer but to unequivocally support the GRR regardless of its mistakes. Therefor ensuring no accountability to the GRR product. Basically being a 'yes' man.

The fact is there is alot of people upset by these fixtures and there is alot of egg on Twiggy / Mindaroo and The Western Force teams face after all their efforts declaring rugby was back to family friendly times/afternoon rugby was going to return/ the team was about supporting grassroots and junior rugby with light shows and people flying in on parachutes and whatever, that it was all about bringing families back to the game ad nauseum. I hope all the grown men sinking piss all night get immersed by guitar cam and kiss cam etc because obviously that was all bought in to appease them now that we know the true direction GRR is heading. They are alienating their future fan base and we all know how that worked for Super Rugby, and atleast Super Rugby had Saturday fixtures and even the odd sunday fixtures, only the foreign teams in GRR are afforded such a luxury. Good luck showcasing this shit show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    FFS SNOB,don't bring logic into it!
    ... and it's cute that you all like to hold hands together, I get that. We can assume I will get downvoted into oblivion and then anyone in the purple circle who says anything without any substance but has a personal dig will be upvoted into the clouds. I also get that too, it's also cute, it's like a band of cheerleaders jumping up and down, I reckon you all get a little warm and cozy from knowing the other guys have your back on here, I love the way no one wants to address any of the other concerns from users about how these fixtures affects their families but the purple brigade will continue to have a personal attack on me whilst failing to offer anything of value. If you all keep upvoting each other enough you all might actually believe in your self worth.

vCash
    Enjoy the beer drinking night with your mates, you deserve it.
    Thanks and I will

Champion
    vCash
    Maybe people are so sick of the shit you cook up[see what I did there]that anything you say they will adopt the opposite view, Rugby on a Saturday doesn't work for clubbies and Minderoo have done a much better job than previous mobs in connecting with the grassroots and lets face it without club rugby there wouldn't be any type of live rugby of any description to watch in Perth . Sunday's are out for the Island lads as a huge percentage are very religious.

It may not suit everyone but it was the best option.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Maybe people are so sick of the shit you cook up[see what I did there]that anything you say they will adopt the opposite view, Rugby on a Saturday doesn't work for clubbies and Minderoo have done a much better job than previous mobs in connecting with the grassroots and lets face it without club rugby there wouldn't be any type of live rugby of any description to watch in Perth . Sunday's are out for the Island lads as a huge percentage are very religious.

It may not suit everyone but it was the best option.

Well what a complete load of shit that was, I wonder how many families were conned into buying memberships for these family friendly nights.. there are so many more family friendly statements and youtube videos of Forrest saying rugby will be broadcast at times that suit kids and families.

If they decided to play some of the fixtures at 7:45pm on a Saturday it would have been a much better result that 6 consecutive games at 7:45pm on a Friday. How does a 7:45pm game and a let's even say a 6pm game affect the clubbies? Maybe a bit of compromise like 4 Friday games and 2 Saturday games, or 4 Friday games and a Saturday and Sunday game, or better again 3 Friday games, 2 Saturday games and a Sunday game, but instead we get a shovel load of this rancid shit. 6 consecutive Friday times at around 8pm. /Facepalm Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    SpArtan....Please...write a letter to Minderoo and state your case and maybe they'll take your points into account when planning for next year.

For this season I suggest it's just water off a duck's back as the fixture is set.

Many like the Friday night as the timing allows a pre-game catch up at a good eatery and a chance to go to HBF and enjoy the pre-game entertainment.

Keeps Saturday free to spend the day with Club rugby from Juniors thru Seniors and get home to watch SR replays on TV.

Sunday attend church with the visiting Samoans or Fijians and watch the remainder of the SR games and a replay of the Force game.

Will be a perfect weekend for many......

Can we get the thread back to talking about GRR and Rugby rather than repeated chapter and verse re this year's fixture.

Alternatively let's start another GRR#2 thread and leave this one to just bitching about fixtures and other issues not related to our being fortunate enough to watch the professional game on a regular basis.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Can we get the thread back to talking about GRR and Rugby rather than repeated chapter and verse re this year's fixture.
    Just my opinion, but the game before the Bledisloe is a great opportunity. I don't know if it's possible, but is it possible to make this the biggest thing yet? Some thoughts.... hire out Optus stadium, free entry to anyone with a valid ticket to the Bledisloe, let's get back Wolfmother, and advertise it like crazy at the airport. Showcase this as the way we like to do things in WA!!! It would be amazing if everyone who came here for the Bledisloe went back going "the Bledisloe was great, but I want more Global Rapid Rugby where I live", and for Rugby Australia to realise that GRR is the best way to grow rugby in Australia.

Oh, and a huge thanks to Robbie Deans for his support....., again!

vCash
    Like what other games .
    Like the other games in the other stadia!
    I’m actually sure that it’s been done especially to snub you which was really just foolish as we all know your too bloody tight to put your hand in your pocket to buy a membership anyway!
    Coach it’s about time you put an “ignore” feature on the site!

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    I think Spartan has a fair point re the every game at 7:45pm even though it was let down by the delivery. I have a 4 year old so won't be able to take him to any games as it is to late. I imagine this will be the same for other families and will have an effect on crowd numbers.

Saying that, the 7:45pm time mean's it doesn't clash with Super Rugby games which may be a RA condition or Rapid Rugby decision. They may see it as people will watch super rugby then continue on to the rapid rugby game (if televised).

I'm sure Rapid rugby have sound reasons for there fixturing but at least one game say on a Sunday afternoon (doesn't clash with Perth rugby fixtures) would have been nice.

vCash
    The Glory will likely finish 1st so will play a Semi Final on the weekend of 10-12 May 2019 with the Grand Final scheduled for the weekend of 18-19 May 2019. The A-League requires the booking of the ground for the entire weekend for both of these fixtures, they obviously learned their lesson after the booking clash with the AFL a couple of years ago.

We don't know the requirements of the travelling sides, you'd assume the two games that are fixtured on Friday nights before the Glory play had to be locked into those weekends.

Jeansyjive raises a valid point regarding kick off time that I hadn't thought of re: possible Super Rugby clashes.

The fixture won't suit everyone, I like the no Saturday fixtures because people who actually put into their clubs won't have to speed from wherever they are in the city to make kick off.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Pre-sale tickets for the Force vs World XV starts tomorrow 10am for anyone who doesn't have a family..

vCash
    So what happens to the tickets we bought back in November 2018?

If they are essentially reselling tickets for the new fixtures, it would have been nice if they refunded the money for the original tickets first!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast