Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Waaa waaa waaaa

did bubby sparty spit out his dummy again.

I don't suppose you can go whine about another sport somewhere else?
    You think its good not being able to watch your favourite team then?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I watch them when I can.

I dont whine like a bitch when I cant.

Once again - you are whining at the wrong people.

If you require the address for Minderoo. Look it up.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I watch them when I can.

I dont whine like a bitch when I cant.

Once again - you are whining at the wrong people.

If you require the address for Minderoo. Look it up.
    Thats because you aren't a true fan, you are a fairweather sydneysider that only shows his face when it suits. I once lived there so I know your type oh too well..

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Spartan,you are giving fuckwittery a bad name

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Thats because you aren't a true fan, you are a fairweather sydneysider that only shows his face when it suits. I once lived there so I know your type oh too well..

Exile
    Sydney

vCash

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    hmmm

let us take a look at the facts.

I was the 55th person to join TWF, I did so on the 5th of October 2005. At that time I went by the name The.Committed.In.Exile

In February 2006 I flew to Perth and attended the first Western Force Super Rugby match vs ACT Brumbies.

At that same weekend - I provided money to Coach/Darren to assist with the running of TWF.

I have in the past been a part of the organizing committee for an Eastern Force supporters group based in Sydney, as supported by RugbyWA.

I am a 5th Generation Western Australian born in Subiaco Western Australia. I won't apologize for joining the Royal Australian Air Force and wearing the uniform of my country. I won't apologize for moving where I was required. I have a birth certificate that states I was born in Western Australia.

I have been a committee member of a Rugby Club in Katherine in the Northern Territory for 10 years. Rising from the ranks of Waterboy to Vice President.

I then went on to be the Assistant Team Manager of the Royal Australian Air Force national Rugby Union Football team that participated in the Australian Services Rugby Union competition from 2001-2002.

I am currently a serving committee member, Liquor Licensee, Team Manager and Assistant Coach in Third Grade for a Club that is participating in the Sydney Suburban Rugby Competition Third Division and is celebrating its 128th year of Rugby.

I have supported Rugby as a fan and an administrator for over 30 years.

What have you done besides bitch and moan on a web forum - you are a pathetic fucking joke.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash

What have you done besides bitch and moan on a web forum - you are a pathetic fucking joke.
    I'm surprised you would waste so much time replying to that fuckwit, bud. He's not worth the effort.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'm surprised you would waste so much time replying to that fuckwit, bud. He's not worth the effort.
    +1

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    +1
    Anyone got an ash tray?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Spartan. Only two things have ever made me question my love for the beautiful game of Rugby Union.

1 - Rugby Australia and those involved in the whole sordid affair of axing us.
    2 - You

I hold you in the same regard!!!!!.... well, not quite. I'd sooner buy Cameron Clyne a beer than you!

Please go away
    Love Dom X

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    hmmm

let us take a look at the facts.

I was the 55th person to join TWF, I did so on the 5th of October 2005. At that time I went by the name The.Committed.In.Exile

In February 2006 I flew to Perth and attended the first Western Force Super Rugby match vs ACT Brumbies.

At that same weekend - I provided money to Coach/Darren to assist with the running of TWF.

I have in the past been a part of the organizing committee for an Eastern Force supporters group based in Sydney, as supported by RugbyWA.

I am a 5th Generation Western Australian born in Subiaco Western Australia. I won't apologize for joining the Royal Australian Air Force and wearing the uniform of my country. I won't apologize for moving where I was required. I have a birth certificate that states I was born in Western Australia.

I have been a committee member of a Rugby Club in Katherine in the Northern Territory for 10 years. Rising from the ranks of Waterboy to Vice President.

I then went on to be the Assistant Team Manager of the Royal Australian Air Force national Rugby Union Football team that participated in the Australian Services Rugby Union competition from 2001-2002.

I am currently a serving committee member, Liquor Licensee, Team Manager and Assistant Coach in Third Grade for a Club that is participating in the Sydney Suburban Rugby Competition Third Division and is celebrating its 128th year of Rugby.

I have supported Rugby as a fan and an administrator for over 30 years.

We all have our war stories mate, and I appreciate you telling me yours. But it was more a throwaway line as when I lived there most Sydneysiders didnt really care if they caught the game or not, its just the way its done there, they would much rather go out dining ranting about how much better and more wealthy they were compared to the rest of the country than catch a game of rugby or footy. In fact in most of the pubs patrons would ask bar staff to turn the game down so they could hear themselves talk about whatever important topic they beleived in on the day. The fact that you couldnt care less whether you caught the game or not had me suggest you were in that category, i mean we have all traveled the country to catch a game or two, its pretty common, especially if it aligns with holidays/appointments or you just plan it into a getaway it doesnt make someone more of a fan than someone else, so I guess there are 2 types of fans, the cheerleaders, which are the social butterflies that come and go and use rugby to build friendships and companionships with very like minded people, acceptence and following the party line is important to maintain that, and dont get me wrong I respect your types and rugby is better for it. And then theres those of us that play it, live it, and breath it, and only really care about the game itself and following the games themselves at the expense of getting too caught up in the love affairs of others. These rabid fans breath it like a religion and they feel physically sick when they are unable to catch every minute of every game.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Rugby: Asia Pacific Dragons aiming for more local players

SINGAPORE - The Singapore-based Asia Pacific Dragons lost 7-3 to Australia's Western Force in their last Global Rapid Rugby match last Sunday (May 5), without a Singaporean player in their squad, but the team's founder Jon Phelps hopes that will change when the tournament launches next year.

His goal is to bring in more local players, said the 49-year-old before their final showcase series match at Queenstown Stadium.

"Being based in Singapore is without a doubt about providing a professional rugby pathway for local players.

"If we stay here long enough, our ambitions are for Singaporean players to come, train, play and be in a professional environment which will be good for them.

"It will take some time for them to get better but they will."

Their current squad features players from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, and a Singapore international, 26-year-old Declan Martens.

Despite the lack of local talent in his current squad, Phelps is confident of attracting young players.

He said: "There's a big rugby fan base here, especially in local schools like ACS (Anglo-Chinese School), St Andrew's and Raffles who have been playing rugby for a long time.

"When you play as a kid, rugby stays in your DNA and with a professional team here, we hope they will look at us and say 'I want to be a Dragon'.

"Young kids need to meet their heroes and if we create heroes for them who are accessible, they will want to stay in the game and be like them. This way, you get continuity as well."

Phelps' aim of developing the sport here dovetails with Global Rapid Rugby founder Andrew Forrest's vision for his new tournament, which features six teams this season - including the invitational World XV.

The 58-year-old Forrest said: "I want to see a common game across Asia for children, men, women to make the community stronger and give you a sense of pride. Rugby can deliver that.

"The community binds together because people love team sports. They love the camaraderie and friendship there that you don't get in individual sports. You get this celebration of humanity in team sports."

The new tournament features modified rugby rules - playing time is reduced while rolling substitutions are introduced, along with the power try - a nine-point play that starts from the defensive 22m line and ends with a try scored.

Forrest said: "Making it faster will give the audience a different experience as it's more exciting.

"And with more action in one game, I hope this becomes to grand master of Asian team
    https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/r...-local-players

Senior Player
    vCash
    Kagifa Samoa making debut this week

When Kagifa Samoa take the field on Saturday in their first ever Global Rapid Rugby fixture, team Chief Executive Officer Richard Fale will breathe a sigh of relief.

“It’s been a long journey, a massive learning process," he said.

Fale said it has taken about five years of building relationships and developing their understanding of the sport in the region to get to this point.

“The differences between professional sports entertainment in the United States and what currently exists in rugby union, it’s very different.

“It’s awesome to finally be able to get out on the field."

Fale is a former U.S. politician with Tongan, Fijian and Samoan heritage, who grew up in Tonga and Hawai'i.

“The focus [for Kagifa Samoa] is to be an asset to the development of the Manu Samoa and Samoa A," he said.

To that end, Fale said the team has agreed to take on a minimum of five Samoan-based players that meet certain strength and conditioning standards.

“We also have a wide net of Manu Samoa and Samoa A players that live in both New Zealand and Australia."

He said they will also be looking to try and strengthen Samoa’s position in capturing players that are Samoan-eligible.

"For example we’ve flown in two really strong potential future Samoa nationals who are on Australia’s radar."

For this first year of Global Rapid Rugby, Kagifa Samoa will play four exhibition matches before Season One in 2020, where eight teams will compete for a 1.8 million tala first prize over 14 rounds plus a finals series.

Fale said Kagifa's squad will vary a lot this year, to give as many players as possible a chance to put their hand up for Season One.

“The best way to look at this is like a job interview for 2020, come in, show us what you’ve got.

“We do have a solid group of Samoan, Tongan, and even a couple of Fijian players that will be part of the organisation moving forward as we kinda get a look at everybody."

Fale is also involved with the Hawai'i team that will compete from next year, and between the two sides' squads there are 70 positions to fill.

With Apia Park closed until after the Pacific Games in July, Kagifa Samoa are being hosted in Pukekohe, New Zealand by the Counties-Manukau Rugby Union.

Fale said that comes with the understanding that some of their players will be involved in Kagifa as a build-up for the domestic Mitre 10 Cup season.

“We also have to leave room for Samoan players we want to bring in to the organisation."

He listed current and former All Blacks Patrick Tuipulotu, Lima Sopoaga and Steven Luatua as examples.

“Guys like that, that are of Samoan heritage who are also a great value and asset that would help mentor and guide these young guys.

“We have all those goals and objectives we’re all trying to balance with the team.

“It’s an enormous task, but it’s exciting to have those challenges to deal with."

Fale was extremely thankful to the Samoa Rugby Union for sanctioning the team to compete in Global Rapid Rugby.

He particularly thanked Samoa Rugby Union C.E.O. Faleomavaega Vincent Fepulea'i and board member Afamasaga Rico Tupa'i for their support and patience.

“We know it hasn’t been an easy road, but when you’re accomplishing great things you expect a number of challenges along the way."

Global Rapid Rugby Pacific Showcase Series fixtures (all Samoan time)

Saturday, 18 May 2019 4:10 pm - Fijian Latui vs Kagifa Samoa - Churchill Park, Fiji
    Friday, 31 May 2019 12:45 am - Western Force vs Kagifa Samoa - HBF Park, Western Australia
    Friday, 7 June 2019 6:40 pm - Kagifa Samoa vs Fijian Latui - Navigation Homes Stadium, New Zealand
    Saturday, 15 June 2019 6:40 pm - Kagifa Samoa vs Western Force - Ballymore, Queensland
    https://www.samoaobserver.ws/category/sport/41970

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post

Fale is also involved with the Hawai'i team that will compete from next year, and between the two sides' squads there are 70 positions to fill.

https://www.samoaobserver.ws/category/sport/41970
    Sounds positive

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast