Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 863

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

  1. #61
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,310
    vCash
    5118000
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    What a stupid name for a competition.
    I remember when there was frustration at “the rugby championship” as a comp name & it sounding ridiculous.

    Minderoo has done the old “hold my beer”

    That said though. A competition with a silly name is better than none at all; and certainly better than glorified exhibition matches by part time players. So i’ll probably get on board
    Hopefully it is a working title till they get a naming rights sponsor.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  2. #62
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    478
    vCash
    5048000
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I see Australia lost the bid to NZ for Womans World Cup. So that was voted on already.
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/1...t-announcement
    1. There is palpable disappointment in the Moore Park bunker this morning, over the loss of the bid for WRWC 2021 - certain elements apparently were saying that they had it in the bag.
    2. The Powers that Be in the bunker are still trying to work out how and why the 2019 Bledisloe in Perth has been sold out 9 months before the actual match, given the ARU/RA's official line that rugby in WA is dying.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #63
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,170
    vCash
    5336000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    My mail has it that the entire FMG are looking to relocate from Hyatt Centre, which I believe is going to have a major refurbishment soon, and I would guess that GRR Offices and Minderoo would be included in this relocation.

    There is an empty Woodside Building at the top of the terrace that might fit them all in.
    Not completely empty - I know a company or two which have agreed floor tenancies already.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  4. #64
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,441
    vCash
    5024000
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    1. There is palpable disappointment in the Moore Park bunker this morning, over the loss of the bid for WRWC 2021 - certain elements apparently were saying that they had it in the bag.
    2. The Powers that Be in the bunker are still trying to work out how and why the 2019 Bledisloe in Perth has been sold out 9 months before the actual match, given the ARU/RA's official line that rugby in WA is dying.
    The disappointment of missing out on the Womens World Cup is that it means there will be no IRB or World Rugby grant money to be siphoned off the womens game and redirected to the Rebels.

    6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #65
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    591
    vCash
    5156000

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #66
    Champion andrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ellenbrook
    Posts
    1,213
    vCash
    5308000
    Bit daggy presentation
    Love his damning of NSW Rugby, Surprised by his support of Raleane
    Surprised that it will be managed by the HKRU

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #67
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,757
    vCash
    5230000
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Bit daggy presentation
    Love his damning of NSW Rugby, Surprised by his support of Raleane
    Surprised that it will be managed by the HKRU
    So RA completely cut out of the action. Not surprised after the way they have treated him

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  8. #68
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,563
    vCash
    5266000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Bit daggy presentation
    Love his damning of NSW Rugby, Surprised by his support of Raleane
    Surprised that it will be managed by the HKRU
    Andrew Hore would the unnamed name at NSWRU who put a stop to Western Sydney getting in.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  9. #69
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Far South-West of Sydney
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    5260000
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Bit daggy presentation
    Love his damning of NSW Rugby, Surprised by his support of Raleane
    Surprised that it will be managed by the HKRU
    Why?

    From all reports she's been quite receptive and willing to talk and cooperate since she assumed the role. The stonewalling of the WS team certainly wasn't her doing. Hopefully we see it up and running post 2020 though. Be good not to have to travel to Moore Park to watch games live and in person.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #70
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,302
    vCash
    5356000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    Why?

    From all reports she's been quite receptive and willing to talk and cooperate since she assumed the role. The stonewalling of the WS team certainly wasn't her doing. Hopefully we see it up and running post 2020 though. Be good not to have to travel to Moore Park to watch games live and in person.
    Yes, I think that's her key role, being approachable and willing whilst maintaining the air of complete and utter ineffectiveness that we all know and love.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  11. #71
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Far South-West of Sydney
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    5260000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yes, I think that's her key role, being approachable and willing whilst maintaining the air of complete and utter ineffectiveness that we all know and love.
    You have to remember the organisation she represents lacks the agility of a private enterprise. Forrest and his group enjoy the ability to pivot rapidly with the circumstances. Castle doesn't have that luxury. She has to deal with a rather cumbersome structure of competing interests pulling in several directions.

    For all we know she may be all for the concept but again is beholden to the structure she inhabits.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #72
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,441
    vCash
    5024000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    The disappointment of missing out on the Womens World Cup is that it means there will be no IRB or World Rugby grant money to be siphoned off the womens game and redirected to the Rebels.
    Its interesting the confusion as to why they missed on the Womens World Cup. Maybe trying to fob the tournament off to a regional centre instead of having a major city in the tournaments name hurt their bid. WRWC Sydney has a much better chance and name than WRWC Hunter Valley. Interesting choice of logic for the bid as one of Cams reasons for keeping Melbourne was the importance of having a recognisable city name associated with the brand.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #73
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,563
    vCash
    5266000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    WRWC Perth an even better ring, the support of a rugby loving public and massive that is sold out unlike any on eats coast this year

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  14. #74
    Senior Player Leo86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    530
    vCash
    5294000
    Wouldnt mind some news... especially fixtures or even dates of Force V TBC

    especially to see if i could make any away games

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #75
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,310
    vCash
    5118000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Its interesting the confusion as to why they missed on the Womens World Cup. Maybe trying to fob the tournament off to a regional centre instead of having a major city in the tournaments name hurt their bid. WRWC Sydney has a much better chance and name than WRWC Hunter Valley. Interesting choice of logic for the bid as one of Cams reasons for keeping Melbourne was the importance of having a recognisable city name associated with the brand.
    It was the southern unions that voted against the RA. NZRU excluded from voting due to lodging a bid.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. World Series Rugby goes Global
    By travelling_gerry in forum Western Force
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-18, 20:42
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-03-18, 20:35
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-05-14, 18:01
  4. RABBIT'S RAPID FIRE RESPONSE
    By RugbyWA in forum News Feeds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-10, 13:50
  5. Global rugby competition touted
    By Flamethrower in forum Rugby
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-02-08, 23:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •