Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I don't recall arguing that there were frequent clashes, in fact in my first post on the subject I argued that there were plenty of weekends they could have had zero clashes so could have spread out the fixture across the weekend. I went back and re-read it my post yesterday and that's the conclusion I drew again. Did you mis-read it because I wasn't posting with the same one eyed zealotry that you post with?

My last post I was commenting on the 6pm start time that you said most club Rugby people would be able to make.

I'm sure everyone can make 7:45pm kick off in club land but I'm sure all the breeders will claim that's too late!

I watched maybe 10 minutes of GRR on TV last year so I wouldn't claim to be a "Twiggy Cheerleader".

We get it, you don't like the fixture but ranting and raving about it on an online fan forum is going to bugger all about it. The fixture may see some families stay away but I bet there's still a lot of families at the fixtures this year.

I reckon there will be a drop off in crowds this year anyway because of the lack of a competition structure despite what appears to be a series of mini-tournaments.
    Look fair enough, on reflection I probably shouldnt have lumped you in with the cheerleading brigade, you have raised some solid points but just to reiterate on what you did say about the ALeague clashes is that most of them are non existant and their is only a single Saturday clash on one weekend which could have easily been a sunday fixture instead.

And yes you are totally correct, they could have spread the games over many of the weekends. A simple 3 Friday games and 3 other games spread over Saturday and Sunday would have been the most logical answer but somehow which ever idiot they hired to do the GRR fixtures [after their magnificent success organising the World Series Rugby fixtures last year] has managed to totally lose the plot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The one thing about all these Friday night clashes, I can't send people along to the Thai and Burmese food fairs just before the game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    That's a fair enough statement, IF they had spread the games over a bunch of times and on different days. Yes you could say that they wouldnt be ideal for everyone, but what Global Rapid Rugby/Forrest/Mindaroo and RugbyWA have done is target a single demographic, and the insult to this is that the demographic they have chosen to appeal to is exactly the opposite of what they spent the whole of last year trying to promote for World Series Rugby. Family friendly Rugby, light shows, kiss cam, guitar can, parachute guys, west running around, the blue men running around round high fiving kids etc.

They have targetted corporate businessmen who will be leaving work on Fridays to hit the bars or grab a meal before going to the game and getting shitfaced all night, and if they were too busy smashing piss to eat before hand they will splurge at the stadium facilities on burgers, pizza, pies and chips.

They failed to even put a single game at a family friendly time and all that would have meant was having the game on at 6pm instead of 7:45pm. They failed to put a single game on a Sunday when their would be no clashes with absolutely any sport/ clubs or any televised events. Despite doing a Sunday game for World Series Rugby that achieved their second highest crowd attendance for the whole of WSR and it was on the Sunday which was against Tonga. They also failed to have atleast one Saturday game, which is totally unheard of for Rugby considering most rugby everywhere in the world is on Saturday, all except Global Rapid Rugby which has chosen to be totally unique and appeal only to the beer drinking Friday night culture at the expense of all the rugby juniors and their families.

GRR must be the only sport that has completely and utterly shunned its junior and future fan base, not even RugbyAustralia and Clynes mob is this bad at organising Rugby fixtures, atleast they run an occasional sunday arvo game and mostly Saturday night games which are far more family friendly than Fridays for obvious reasons. RugbyAustralia cops enormous criticism for having such late night Saturday games but they are still far more family friendly that what GRR has chosen to do by targetting the Adult Friday night party culture.
    Oh dude, fuck me give it a rest.

First and foremost this is not GRR so stop blaming it

Andrew Forrest also hasnt put his entire fortune on this, if it is more profitable to do it this way, then so be it, wanna change that reach in your pocket and pay more for families... this could also be bankrolling GRR for families next year, but woe is me

Different CEO to last year

Cant be as bad as RA they removed the team completely fuck head

Minderoo may have been forced to, to get approval but keep crying or get behind it, to give it bargaining power. You have heard their intention but dont realise the stranglehold they are under, possibly, but bitching is obviously the only solution in your head.

I get it you have kids you wanna share it with, thats you.

I have kids but they are too young and I go with my dad, this is more convenient on Fridays, minderoo should abandon that fanbase for you. Grow up the worlds a bitch.

Ive been a member of the Force since 2007, one year I couldnt make one game, I gave my ticket to a mate who has been a member ever since. Your choice if you focus on yourself and negatives or you give it a crack, other than that give it a rest, youve said your piece

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    The one thing about all these Friday night clashes, I can't send people along to the Thai and Burmese food fairs just before the game.
    Post it anyway... I like food

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Post it anyway... I like food
    Rather food than Spartans dribble....

FFS Spartan...stop clogging up the threads.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by don't feed the troll
    ....1. Upon a closer look it turns out that none of the A League finals fixtures clash with the Force. Not a single one....
    Well frak me, Hodgo and those other idiots at Minderoo managed to not clash with finals bound Glory or Stupor Rugby. Jebus what morons. The RA would regularly clash with Footy, Soccer and Basketball. Now THOSE guys know how to organise fixtures.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Oh dude, fuck me give it a rest.

First and foremost this is not GRR so stop blaming it

Andrew Forrest also hasnt put his entire fortune on this, if it is more profitable to do it this way, then so be it, wanna change that reach in your pocket and pay more for families... this could also be bankrolling GRR for families next year, but woe is me

Different CEO to last year

Cant be as bad as RA they removed the team completely fuck head

Minderoo may have been forced to, to get approval but keep crying or get behind it, to give it bargaining power. You have heard their intention but dont realise the stranglehold they are under, possibly, but bitching is obviously the only solution in your head.

I get it you have kids you wanna share it with, thats you.

I have kids but they are too young and I go with my dad, this is more convenient on Fridays, minderoo should abandon that fanbase for you. Grow up the worlds a bitch.

Ive been a member of the Force since 2007, one year I couldnt make one game, I gave my ticket to a mate who has been a member ever since. Your choice if you focus on yourself and negatives or you give it a crack, other than that give it a rest, youve said your piece
    Well said! I will take the Friday games over NO games whatsoever!! I have young children and work on fridays but will work around it for the 6 games this year. If my 5 year old wants to come she can and if she gets tired will have to leave!! I’m just so grateful I even have the option to see my team!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Groundhog Day

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Well frak me, Hodgo and those other idiots at Minderoo managed to not clash with finals bound Glory or Stupor Rugby. Jebus what morons. The RA would regularly clash with Footy, Soccer and Basketball. Now THOSE guys know how to organise fixtures.
    Those games are actually doing quite well up against the other so far this season. Last night there was the A-League, NBL finals Series and JLT Series all on at the same time as the Rebs/Brums game. And the latter beat them all. In fact, the earlier game that didn't feature any Aus team came third behind the Rebs/Brums and then JLT.

vCash
    Jebus Cam, give it a rest

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Where is the parasite anyway? Went missing before his former chief of staff got arrested.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Not trying to use those ratings as any kind of justification for cutting the Force. Just that the ratings are doing well enough.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Tickets to APD vs Force in Sinagpore and SCT vs Force in HK are now available.

https://www.zoonga.com.au/globalrapi...dJREFLE6jAmp_I

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Tickets to APD vs Force in Sinagpore and SCT vs Force in HK are now available.

https://www.zoonga.com.au/globalrapi...dJREFLE6jAmp_I
    Interesting logos on that page. KL Falcons and what looks like a Samoan Shork.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    Interesting logos on that page. KL Falcons and what looks like a Samoan Shork.

Its been a bit hard to keep up amid all the negativity lately. But what is the status of KL? They are under ownership of the Gauteng Falcons, right? Are they still meant to be going ahead for next year?

Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast