Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Coach it’s about time you put an “ignore” feature on the site!
    There is one. Settings at top of screen (between "My profile" and "Register"). On the list on left side is an item "Edit ignore list" (in My Settings section under My Account)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    There is one. Settings at top of screen (between "My profile" and "Register"). On the list on left side is an item "Edit ignore list" (in My Settings section under My Account)
    Ok, so can everyone click ignore on him and the strongest of us won't ignore him and just document his long descent into madness as no one replies to his inane posts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Ok, so can everyone click ignore on him and the strongest of us won't ignore him and just document his long descent into madness as no one replies to his inane posts?
    My posts have been backed up by many other fellow supporters that you and your cheerleaders choose to ignore.

Generally most people won't ignore users on message boards because most people who use message boards are against censorship and are pro free speech. Also ignoring users doesn't stop reading quoted texts and given that everyone seems to always reply to me (with quote) you would read everything anyway .

Also it's hard to follow threads with ignored users because some responses aren't quoted and can confuse the main body of text

Admittedly its a great option so if you lack the intelligence and knowledge to be able to dispute and argue what I say it's easy for people like you who only want to read what they want to hear to go through life feeling warm and fuzzy thinking you share the opinions of the world around you.

Alot of users have vented their frustrations with the fixtures. Alot of senior users have stated that Fridays are a shit day for rugby, alot of users with families have backed that statement up, but because it doesnt suit your narrative you want censorship, I reckon you are the one descending into madness..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The Glory will likely finish 1st so will play a Semi Final on the weekend of 10-12 May 2019 with the Grand Final scheduled for the weekend of 18-19 May 2019. The A-League requires the booking of the ground for the entire weekend for both of these fixtures, they obviously learned their lesson after the booking clash with the AFL a couple of years ago.

We don't know the requirements of the travelling sides, you'd assume the two games that are fixtured on Friday nights before the Glory play had to be locked into those weekends.

Jeansyjive raises a valid point regarding kick off time that I hadn't thought of re: possible Super Rugby clashes.

The fixture won't suit everyone, I like the no Saturday fixtures because people who actually put into their clubs won't have to speed from wherever they are in the city to make kick off.
    And that is what I stated. The weekend after the game on the 29th which will be a finals game for the Glory does not fall on a Force weekend. There are no Force games scheduled on the first week of the A League finals so the first final game does not clash with any Force fixture.

The next weekend being the grand final weekend (13th April) for A League does clash. But that is one weekend. What about the 5 others that could have been scheduled on Saturday or Sunday? So you arent really telling us anything ive already told you. You are just rehashing something that we have already discussed and better yet your boyfriend liked you for it.

What is this rubbish about people from Clubs having to 'speed' to the games? Again pure diatribe. No one would need to speed to the stadium for a 7:45pm game on a Saturday you disillusioned lost soul. In fact most Saturday club rugby personal would easily make a 6pm Saturday game. But keep posting endless rubbish that can be disputed at every turn. I'm sure your other boyfriends will upvote you for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    So what happens to the tickets we bought back in November 2018?

If they are essentially reselling tickets for the new fixtures, it would have been nice if they refunded the money for the original tickets first!
    I've contacted Rugby WA, and today's pre-sale is for purchase of tickets not sold in the original run back in November; if you bought tickets then you still have the tickets. (Albeit for 6 games rather than 7!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I've contacted Rugby WA, and today's pre-sale is for purchase of tickets not sold in the original run back in November; if you bought tickets then you still have the tickets. (Albeit for 6 games rather than 7!)
    Any news on when the memberships are coming out?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Pig
    ...My posts have been backed up by many other fellow supporters that you and your cheerleaders choose to ignore...
    Not much more needs to be said

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Not before next week!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    And that is what I stated. The weekend after the game on the 29th which will be a finals game for the Glory does not fall on a Force weekend. There are no Force games scheduled on the first week of the A League finals so the first final game does not clash with any Force fixture.

The next weekend being the grand final weekend (13th April) for A League does clash. But that is one weekend. What about the 5 others that could have been scheduled on Saturday or Sunday? So you arent really telling us anything ive already told you. You are just rehashing something that we have already discussed and better yet your boyfriend liked you for it.

What is this rubbish about people from Clubs having to 'speed' to the games? Again pure diatribe. No one would need to speed to the stadium for a 7:45pm game on a Saturday you disillusioned lost soul. In fact most Saturday club rugby personal would easily make a 6pm Saturday game. But keep posting endless rubbish that can be disputed at every turn. I'm sure your other boyfriends will upvote you for it.
    1. You had the wrong dates for the A-League finals so either the A-League is wrong or you are wrong. You posted the 13th of April in the post I've just quoted (I've bolded it for your benefit). The regular season is till going on the 13th of April.

2. Some people like to spend some time having a beer at their club at the end of the day. First grade usually finishes at 5ish, maybe a bit after. Good luck getting to *insert sponsors name park* if you're down in Rockingham by 6. I'd actually be fine with a 7:45 start on a Saturday but you leading the charge of the breeder army would be upset because it's too late.

3. Maybe you can move closer to the city so the travel time from Rockingham isn't so arduous.

Last edited by jargan83; 08-03-19 at 10:34.

vCash
    Interesting that the Daily Telegraph is reporting that SA is trying to get the Sunwolves kicked out of Super Rugby next year so the comp goes back to 14 teams.

Aus and NZ want the Sunwolves in. Twiggy should send them an invite as they play entertaining Rugby.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    1. You had the wrong dates for the A-League finals so either the A-League is wrong or you are wrong. You posted the 13th of April in the post I've just quoted (I've bolded it for your benefit). The regular season is till going on the 13th of April.

2. Some people like to spend some time having a beer at their club at the end of the day. First grade usually finishes at 5ish, maybe a bit after. Good luck getting to *insert sponsors name park* if you're down in Rockingham by 6. I'd actually be fine with a 7:45 start on a Saturday but you leading the charge of the breeder army would be upset because it's too late.

3. Maybe you can move closer to the city so the travel time from Rockingham isn't so arduous.
    1. Upon a closer look it turns out that none of the A League finals fixtures clash with the Force. Not a single one.
    A League Finals:
    3-5th May : Force are playing away from home
    10-12th May: Force are playing away from home
    18-19th May: No Force game scheduled.
    So there isn't actually a clash at all which means their is only 1 weekend when the Force and glory play on the same weekend. So this is the first flaw in your argument and anyone else's argument that these fixtures are set because of clashes in scheduling

2. You would have plenty of time to drink beer at the stadium. And even if you sat and drank piss for an hour after club rugby it still leaves 1hr and 45min to commute to the stadium to watch the game. Again your argument is flawed because that is plenty of time from Rockingham .

3. Why? just because GRR couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery with these fixtures I should move to another part of the city? If Mindaroo/GRR and Twiggy dont want to support family's and junior rugby then that's on them, I'm not changing my life to suit a bunch of organizers out of touch with their fan base

So the more the cheerleading brigade tries to defend this embarassment of fixtures (after GRR spent last year promoting family and junior rugby) the more their argument disintegrates into a field of ashes. It's good though that Twiggy has all you fan boys wrapped around his little finger. That way his product doesn't have to experience any accountability from all the people seeing the product through rose tinted glasses..

vCash
    1. Upon a closer look it turns out that none of the A League finals fixtures clash with the Force. Not a single one.
    A League Finals:
    So there isn't actually a clash at all which means their is only 1 weekend when the Force and glory play on the same weekend. So this is the first flaw in your argument and anyone else's argument that these fixtures are set because of clashes in scheduling

2. You would have plenty of time to drink beer at the stadium. And even if you sat and drank piss for an hour after club rugby it still leaves 1hr and 45min to commute to the stadium to watch the game. Again your argument is flawed because that is plenty of time from Rockingham .

3. Why? just because GRR couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery with these fixtures I should move to another part of the city? If Mindaroo/GRR and Twiggy dont want to support family's and junior rugby then that's on them, I'm not changing my life to suit a bunch of organizers out of touch with their fan base

So the more the cheerleading brigade tries to defend this embarassment of fixtures (after GRR spent last year promoting family and junior rugby) the more their argument disintegrates into a field of ashes. It's good though that Twiggy has all you fan boys wrapped around his little finger. That way his product doesn't have to experience any accountability from all the people seeing the product through rose tinted glasses..
    I don't recall arguing that there were frequent clashes, in fact in my first post on the subject I argued that there were plenty of weekends they could have had zero clashes so could have spread out the fixture across the weekend. I went back and re-read it my post yesterday and that's the conclusion I drew again. Did you mis-read it because I wasn't posting with the same one eyed zealotry that you post with?

My last post I was commenting on the 6pm start time that you said most club Rugby people would be able to make.

\In fact most Saturday club rugby personal would easily make a 6pm Saturday game. But keep posting endless rubbish that can be disputed at every turn. I'm sure your other boyfriends will upvote you for it.
    I'm sure everyone can make 7:45pm kick off in club land but I'm sure all the breeders will claim that's too late!

I watched maybe 10 minutes of GRR on TV last year so I wouldn't claim to be a "Twiggy Cheerleader".

We get it, you don't like the fixture but ranting and raving about it on an online fan forum is going to bugger all about it. The fixture may see some families stay away but I bet there's still a lot of families at the fixtures this year.

I reckon there will be a drop off in crowds this year anyway because of the lack of a competition structure despite what appears to be a series of mini-tournaments.

Last edited by jargan83; 08-03-19 at 12:09.

Champion
    vCash
    A League Finals:

Go to the games or dont go to the games, no one gives a flying proverbial what you choose to do. The game times will never be ideal for everyone, just accept it.

The one thing us alleged "cheerleaders" can all agree on though is, can you please for the love of god shut the hell up about it.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The lass I spoke to in the office said that the tickets are due from the printers next week.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    The game times will never be ideal for everyone, just accept it. it.
    That's a fair enough statement, IF they had spread the games over a bunch of times and on different days. Yes you could say that they wouldnt be ideal for everyone, but what Global Rapid Rugby/Forrest/Mindaroo and RugbyWA have done is target a single demographic, and the insult to this is that the demographic they have chosen to appeal to is exactly the opposite of what they spent the whole of last year trying to promote for World Series Rugby. Family friendly Rugby, light shows, kiss cam, guitar can, parachute guys, west running around, the blue men running around round high fiving kids etc.

They have targetted corporate businessmen who will be leaving work on Fridays to hit the bars or grab a meal before going to the game and getting shitfaced all night, and if they were too busy smashing piss to eat before hand they will splurge at the stadium facilities on burgers, pizza, pies and chips.

They failed to even put a single game at a family friendly time and all that would have meant was having the game on at 6pm instead of 7:45pm. They failed to put a single game on a Sunday when their would be no clashes with absolutely any sport/ clubs or any televised events. Despite doing a Sunday game for World Series Rugby that achieved their second highest crowd attendance for the whole of WSR and it was on the Sunday which was against Tonga. They also failed to have atleast one Saturday game, which is totally unheard of for Rugby considering most rugby everywhere in the world is on Saturday, all except Global Rapid Rugby which has chosen to be totally unique and appeal only to the beer drinking Friday night culture at the expense of all the rugby juniors and their families.

GRR must be the only sport that has completely and utterly shunned its junior and future fan base, not even RugbyAustralia and Clynes mob is this bad at organising Rugby fixtures, atleast they run an occasional sunday arvo game and mostly Saturday night games which are far more family friendly than Fridays for obvious reasons. RugbyAustralia cops enormous criticism for having such late night Saturday games but they are still far more family friendly that what GRR has chosen to do by targetting the Adult Friday night party culture.

Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast