Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    If there is any obfuscation from RA, Minderoo should make it public
    Minderoo can't afford to be in open warfare with RA as RA can impact so much that GRR wants to do.

e.g. Any Aussie team entering GRR in 2020 requires the approval of RA.

Needs to get GRR going and run out of HK and things will improve.

Eventually RA will get on board as they no ability to create viable options for themselves.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Minderoo can't afford to be in open warfare with RA as RA can impact so much that GRR wants to do.

e.g. Any Aussie team entering GRR in 2020 requires the approval of RA.

Needs to get GRR going and run out of HK and things will improve.

Eventually RA will get on board as they no ability to create viable options for themselves.
    Minderoo has the means to blast the RA out of business particularly over the put option and no due process given the money they put in to the Rebels. The days of just business is well over and this isn’t Trump’s America.

I see they have already arrested a former high flier from the NAB.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I dunno, I really think bringing any underhanded tactics out in the open will only help Minderoo's cause and drum up sympathy for Western Australian rugby. I would be especially concerned at World Rugby level, if RA was seen to be deliberately obstructing an international competition which would help "minnows" from Asia and the Pacific; and what if the competition was to include Hawaii? I don't think World Rugby would be too happy with RA buggering something up that could create a pro-team in the USA.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    I dunno, I really think bringing any underhanded tactics out in the open will only help Minderoo's cause and drum up sympathy for Western Australian rugby. I would be especially concerned at World Rugby level, if RA was seen to be deliberately obstructing an international competition which would help "minnows" from Asia and the Pacific; and what if the competition was to include Hawaii? I don't think World Rugby would be too happy with RA buggering something up that could create a pro-team in the USA.

There are 8 pro teams in the US already with three more starting competitive play next year. Look up Major League Rugby.

vCash
    Is there space on the roster for Dan Carter? He seems quite a talented fellow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Is there space on the roster for Dan Carter? He seems quite a talented fellow.
    He has gone back to Racing.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    There are 8 pro teams in the US already with three more starting competitive play next year. Look up Major League Rugby.
    That's cool man, but did he mention there being no pro teams in the US?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    That's cool man, but did he mention there being no pro teams in the US?
    He said 'a pro-team' implying that it would be something momentous. There are already pro teams in the US. A whole pro league in fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    He said 'a pro-team' implying that it would be something momentous. There are already pro teams in the US. A whole pro league in fact.
    'I don't think World Rugby would be too happy with RA buggering something up that could create a pro-team in the USA.'

I think there is a bit of reading between the lines going on? Doesn't mention the momentousness of having a new pro team or lack of any pro teams....

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    'I don't think World Rugby would be too happy with RA buggering something up that could create a pro-team in the USA.'

I think there is a bit of reading between the lines going on? Doesn't mention the momentousness of having a new pro team or lack of any pro teams....
    He implies WR would be unhappy with the scuppering a pro team in the US. WR are well aware that MLR exists and from everything I've seen they support the GRR concept because it addresses the Pacific and Asia. Not the Americas which are actually forging their own professional structures. Look up Liga Americano de Rugby. The South American Pro League scheduled for launch next year featuring 8 teams from across 5 countries. Who are already planning on forming a Cup competition with MLR in the future.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    He has gone back to Racing.
    Apparently not

Carter barred from Racing 92 return on medical grounds
    2019-03-02 21:26

Paris - Double World Cup winner Dan Carter will not rejoin French club Racing 92 due to medical reasons, the club announced on Saturday.
    Carter, 36, who starred for the French giants between 2015-2018, has been deemed ineligible to play in France by the French National League (LNR) after his former outfit referred his medical results to the organisation which runs the Top 14 competition.
    His health dossier was passed to the LNR as part of his registration as a Racing92 squad member - as is the case with every new player in the league.
    "Racing 92 handed over certain elements of his medical dossier to the experts designated by the French National League. Their opinion was unanimous: Dan Carter can't play rugby in France," said a statement.
    "We are very disappointed of course but... the law is harsh but it is the law and we don't compromise players' health.
    "We wish Dan the best for the future, a future at the same level of his immense career."
    The former Top 14 champions said last month Carter would return as cover for ex-South Africa fly-half Pat Lambie who announced his immediate retirement in January due to numerous concussions.

vCash
    I think World Rugby has shown this week that it is only concerned about minnows with a lot of money. To me that means they are not likely to give a stuff about whether our comp helps the PI nations or the smaller and less affluent Asian nations, and thus won’t care what stance RA takes on GRR.

And any sympathy for WA rugby clearly only exists in WA; World Rugby stood by and did nothing when RA did what it did to us. Probably swallowed the line that it would be beneficial for the game as it would lead to more support in the bigger and richer Melbourne market. Bit of a bugger that at the moment the only sponsorship the Rebels can get is from companies on ASIC’s radar or one that is half owned by the Thailand government. Hey ho.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Interesting that Carter’s registration was blocked but they approved Joe van Niekerk’s after he failed a medical at Northampton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I think World Rugby has shown this week that it is only concerned about minnows with a lot of money. To me that means they are not likely to give a stuff about whether our comp helps the PI nations or the smaller and less affluent Asian nations, and thus won’t care what stance RA takes on GRR.

And any sympathy for WA rugby clearly only exists in WA; World Rugby stood by and did nothing when RA did what it did to us. Probably swallowed the line that it would be beneficial for the game as it would lead to more support in the bigger and richer Melbourne market. Bit of a bugger that at the moment the only sponsorship the Rebels can get is from companies on ASIC’s radar or one that is half owned by the Thailand government. Hey ho.
    With the way the WRU are handling their regions they have must have got tips from the RA. There are suggestions that they are gunning for their most successful region on the field and in developing test players the Ospreys and keep their biggest underachievers the Dragons. The WRU own the Dragons.

Alun Wyn Jones who plays for the Ospreys has come out and said he doesn’t know if he has a job next year. The team are playing poorly and it is clearly affecting their players.

vCash
    Is there anyone with any brains running any national rugby union anywhere in the world???

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast