Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I reckon Minderoo has done a fantastic job in the time available - as I'm sure they were under pressure from World Rugby to have this all wrapped up by end June in recognition of the limited Test window prior to the RWC in Japan and for the Force to be available for the NRC.
    They even managed to keep GRR clear of the finals for SR - which was probably needed to get the tick from RA.

Maintaining the separate Asia and Pacific series focus means that the players are actually playing for something rather than exhibition matches.
    Yeah, I think it's a good program of matches, all things considered. They've done well.

Opportunity to have best-of-three focus against the Tigers and Dragons as well top of table honours.
    Not enough time to do the same for the Pacific series but the home-and-away gives the Sea of Blue a chance of holiday travel
    Is there still a possibility that the Tigers and Dragons will have extra WForce games added? Or is the final schedule, final?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    What has left me shaking my head is the fact that every home Force game falls on a Friday. I doubt many families and juniors will be able to attend the games this year which is a shame given the sunday mothers day game was such a huge success last year. It is amazing that they couldnt have had just 1 or even 2 games on a Saturday/ or Sunday, not even 1.
    Yeah you're right - there's also no early morning, mid-week games for shift workers.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yeah you're right - there's also no early morning, mid-week games for shift workers.
    That's not the same now though is it. Whichever moron thought it would be a good idea to throw every single game on a Friday at a time that completely alienates there up and coming fan base has made a colossal fuckup in their scheduling. How many families will be dragging their young kids to a 7:45pm game on a work night and school day? Not many. Especially really young kids which their were many last year at the Saturday and sunday games. What you get instead is the beer drinking boozy night of businessman and city workers smashing back bucket loads of piss which in turn is making the canteen and bar a fortune. Global Rapid Rugby was originally about creating pathways for kids to have a future etc yet every game is on at a time that will mean they miss out the most this year, it defies all logic and reasoning why they would promote themselves as being for kids and development and that GRR is a target for families and then throw that fixture list out there. Someone never thought it through. The fact that not a single game, not one is on a Saturday is a joke and I reckon you probably know it deep down but chose to look at every decision with those rose tinted glasses. There should have been atleast 1 or 2 afternoon fixtures on a Saturday(even as late as 6pm Sat would be fine) or a Sunday but instead they have chosen to chase the dollar by chasing beer , food and beverage sales at the expense of taking a small hit to target families and kids at family friendly times. They are going the same way as superdooper rugby by chasing the coin and not targetting family friendly audiences

-5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Clearly Samoa is not set up, at this stage, to host these games (in the same way as Fiji) but great opportunity to host GRR in the two Islander strongholds of Brisbane and Auckland while giving the East Coast and NZ a taste of GRR.
    This "Kagifa Samoa" identity seems to be under radio silence.

Unlike the Fijian team which has been publicised in Fiji, it seems there is not a peep about RR out of Samoa.

Is the Tongan-Hawaiian Richard Fale even involved, as early media reports suggested? I'm going to take a stab and say Nope.

Months of silence in WA is one thing, at least people here knew the team existed. It's going be harder elesewhere with an invisible silent theme.

I'm excited to see RR is happening after a tough start, and they've done well. This Showcase will obviously also need to go well though for RR to even think about finding clear air.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I am certain that there are very sound commercial, resourcing, demographic and sociological reasons why all of the Western Force home games in 2019 will be played on Friday evenings.

Unfortunately for some, scheduling requirements of weekend field work mean that Friday afternoons and evenings can be particularly busy as things are put in place for the weekend crews.
    Last year (2018), I think there were 4 Western Force games scheduled for a Friday evening - I managed to get to two of them.
    This year, there are 6 Western Force games scheduled for a Friday evening - on present indications, I will be lucky if I get to one of them.

TTIG - there are winners and there are losers.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    This "Kagifa Samoa" identity seems to be under radio silence.
    Google tells me kagifa translates to cavalry. Does anyone know if there is other significance or nuance to the name?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Google tells me kagifa translates to cavalry. Does anyone know if there is other significance or nuance to the name?
    Not me (I didn't even get that far)

I suppose there's 10 weeks or so before they play - meaning some news will eventually filter out.

vCash
    I don't disagree Alison but at the same time I can understand that GRR has to try and keep EVERYBODY happy - and with cross-nation competitions it's easy to create offence due to the different approval levels and cultures.

I reckon we should have been content with "no news is good news" which unfortunately means that the rumour mill can fill the space.

But what could they say? We can already see that many can so easily confuse aspirations/hopes with facts.

Up until the end of January it was all about launching GRR with a 6-8 team competition but obviously nothing was locked in.
    Any announcements up until then would have been grossly misleading.

This means that the current fixture was all locked in in only a month - including waiting for final approval (AGAIN) from RA as the fixture is being run out of WA. Nothing could be announced until approved and/or locked in with venues, times etc.

Damned because they gave nothing but also damned if they'd announced info which needed to be changed as it was misleading.

It appears that some people think that "knocking a few games together is a doddle".

GRR are trying to build long term, cross-cultural relationships.
    It's a space where any perceived lack of respect can have long term consequences.

This fan has no issues as we're going to see a standard of live rugby which we couldn't even dream about in August 2017.
    Sometimes I find it hard to believe that that was less than 18 months ago.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I reckon we should have been content with "no news is good news" which unfortunately means that the rumour mill can fill the space.
    Not just "can" fill that space. It will fill the space.

But what could they say? We can already see that many can so easily confuse aspirations/hopes with facts.
    Don't have to give away the whole farm. But at least some contact with your public.

Occasional updates, even where it can't go too specific. If they don't understand that, get someone "in" who does.

Otherwise it will be someone who is "out" doing it for them anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    In the view of those highly esteemed leaders of the ARU/RA who are ensconced in the Moore Park bunker, 11,029 at a Rebels home game is a healthy roll-up and a vindication of the money which has been poured into the Rebels.
    There was no way there was 11,000 at that game.

I see that Senator Reynolds has been promoted to Defence Industry Minister. Didn’t know there was such a portfolio. Pretty astute appointment and she has won a lot of plaudits lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikardius Cranius 464791
    That's not the same now though is it. Whichever moron thought it would be a good idea to throw every single game on a Friday at a time that completely alienates there up and coming fan base has made a colossal fuckup in their scheduling. How many families will be dragging their young kids to a 7:45pm game on a work night and school day? Not many. Especially really young kids which their were many last year at the Saturday and sunday games. What you get instead is the beer drinking boozy night of businessman and city workers smashing back bucket loads of piss which in turn is making the canteen and bar a fortune. Global Rapid Rugby was originally about creating pathways for kids to have a future etc yet every game is on at a time that will mean they miss out the most this year, it defies all logic and reasoning why they would promote themselves as being for kids and development and that GRR is a target for families and then throw that fixture list out there. Someone never thought it through. The fact that not a single game, not one is on a Saturday is a joke and I reckon you probably know it deep down but chose to look at every decision with those rose tinted glasses. There should have been atleast 1 or 2 afternoon fixtures on a Saturday(even as late as 6pm Sat would be fine) or a Sunday but instead they have chosen to chase the dollar by chasing beer , food and beverage sales at the expense of taking a small hit to target families and kids at family friendly times. They are going the same way as superdooper rugby by chasing the coin and not targetting family friendly audiences
    If you are so incensed why didn’t you just give up on rugby and go and follow tiddlywinks.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    If you are so incensed why didn’t you just give up on rugby and go and follow tiddlywinks.
    Probably because it's played on a Friday night in a location where he can't drive and supporter gear for the kids costs more than $20 But I'm just guessing.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I can understand the frustration of no news but we can’t underestimate the level of interference & sabotage by RA, which we’ve already seen plenty of so far. Seems Mindaroo went into total shutdown on communication to stop any leaks RA have been total bastards the whole way.
    And yes, no way was that 11,000-looked more like 5-6,000 at best.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If there is any obfuscation from RA, Minderoo should make it public

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Im looking forward to Spartans Rugby Competition, the one that fixes everything in one fell swoop, pleases everyone, makes money, has billions of fans and takes over the world, for no other reason than to point out how much it sucks. Make It Happen!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast