Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Got to have matches to show them though, and matches they can understand the meaning behind.

I like the RWC warm-up match idea, especially with the expectation that signing season should have already started by then for players that have missed out. It better have, as the European clubs will have long been in the market for cover and the cupboard will be bare if it is left until 2020 to start looking around. So get the smaller teams together...say US, Canada, Georgia and Tonga and give them a few hit-outs against whatever teams are in GRR at that point. Wouldn't matter if a few of their stars hadn't quite arrived...
    It would be really good to see matches against those teams. Not just exhibitions - preparation. Any players staying on in Singapore, KL or HK will need a sponsor with DEEP pockets.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ...especially with the expectation that signing season should have already started by then for players that have missed out. It better have, as the European clubs will have long been in the market for cover and the cupboard will be bare...
    Or, on reflection, they better be loading up the teams now. The signings have already started...not worried about Phipps, but one might have thought Rona would have been right in the GRR crosshairs. If they intend to use the delay to get some real names for the competition, they need to be getting on with it or next thing you know it will be all on board for 2021.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash

Friday Night game prior to Bledisloe

Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Just saw this in The West story

Western Force is planning to use the Bledisloe Cup weekend in Perth to stage one of its showcase games.
    GRR wants to take advantage of having thousands of rugby fans in WA for the Wallabies-All Blacks clash at Optus Stadium on Saturday August 10 and will likely play a match on the Friday night at HBF Park.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881090280z
    I’m pretty sure and I stand to be corrected, if they played that Friday night it would clash with the Fleetwood Mac concert and those tickets would be on sale well before this possible match, taking a lot of potential attendees away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    I’m pretty sure and I stand to be corrected, if they played that Friday night it would clash with the Fleetwood Mac concert and those tickets would be on sale well before this possible match, taking a lot of potential attendees away.
    bah..that's just all Rumours

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post

are you Telling Lies or is it just a Rumour?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    So much negativiy!! Im sure they will review the membership packages once everything is decided and scheule released..

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Not Denmark, but some days, with our freeway (especially around Russell rd to Berrigan Drv), it can feel like I do....
    You don't catch the train to the rugby?

It's free!

You're not doing a great job of proving you're not an idiot.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Only 5 home games, according to a WF email sent to members today.
    Despite the headline the email did say "at least 5 games".

Even under the 8 game scenario we were only going to get 7 games + the hope of finals.

Last edited by andrewg; 02-02-19 at 07:35.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    You don't catch the train to the rugby?

It's free!

You're not doing a great job of proving you're not an idiot.
    I value human life

vCash
    I value human life
    By adding your douchebag ass to the interminable congestion for a recreation activity where the non-congestion approach is free? I guess you're doing the world a favour by containing your immeasurable logic inside your car Wouldn't want that to be contagious, would we?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I value human life
    I will send you a plastic bag!

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Got to have matches to show them though, and matches they can understand the meaning behind.

I like the RWC warm-up match idea, especially with the expectation that signing season should have already started by then for players that have missed out. It better have, as the European clubs will have long been in the market for cover and the cupboard will be bare if it is left until 2020 to start looking around. So get the smaller teams together...say US, Canada, Georgia and Tonga and give them a few hit-outs against whatever teams are in GRR at that point. Wouldn't matter if a few of their stars hadn't quite arrived...
    If we play games against non-GRR teams, then the question arises as to which rugby laws is the game played under. Standard rugby laws or the GRR laws modified to make the games more "rapid""?

I think Twiggy's intention is to showcase the GRR game to wet the appetite of fans, sponsors and the broadcasting media for GRR style rugby and entertainment. Played in front of biggish crowds
    So I think we should stick to home and away games against the GRR teams already signed, and possibly also those who are likely to join GRR in the next 12 months.

vCash
    Maybe we could play a double home and away format giving us 6 home games of genuine grr action

It's a bit of a sows ear, but better than nothing and gives all the current grr teams a solid hit out, as well as trials of infrastructure and capacity

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Maybe we could play a double home and away format giving us 6 home games of genuine grr action

It's a bit of a sows ear, but better than nothing and gives all the current grr teams a solid hit out, as well as trials of infrastructure and capacity
    I reckon that this is most likely with the opportunity to play additional games as pre-RWC trials.
    Hopefully some with two games away with the chance to have a 10-day holiday in interesting locations.

If this is the case then some really good rugby heading our way!
    You can tell that I'm a "glass half full" bloke.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Statement from HKRU

FORWARD TO PARTICIPATING IN THE GLOBAL RAPID RUGBY SHOWCASE SERIES
    01 Feb 2019

While disappointed at the postponement of the kick-off of the inaugural Global Rapid Rugby season, the Hong Kong Rugby Union remains excited about its involvement with this innovative new competition and looks forward to participating in the Showcase Series in 2019.

While ready to take to the pitch now, the South China Tigers will instead use the Showcase Series as an early hit-out against the strong teams lining up for next year’s competition and an opportunity to acclimatize to the exciting new scoring system at the heart of Global Rapid Rugby’s appeal.

Announcements about the 2019 Showcase Series squad and management team, along with the reveal of our logo and livery, will be made in due course as we look ahead to the official start of the competition in 2020.

As host of the historic Hong Kong Sevens, the HKRU understands that innovation in the game takes time to achieve and we will continue to work closely to support Andrew and his team at Global Rapid Rugby in putting on another great show for Hong Kong and the rugby world.

https://www.hkrugby.com/news/the-hon...howcase-series

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast