Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    TV will suffice for glorified scratch matches

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    "We'll all be ruined said Hanrahan....."

Utter madness if anybody thinks that the WF/Minderoo will shortchange WF members.

Where has there been any indication that that has happened in the past?

It appears to be 7 or 8 games as a minimum in Perth plus trials all playing to the new rules.
    Plus the opportunity to watch the lads play in some exotic holiday locations by the sound of things.

I would expect more effort to make it a memorable game day event at HBF.

100% that I'll get good value for the $$s which I was happy to make available to help keep the professional game in Perth.

GO THE WESTERN FORCE!!!!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I’m sure they are disappointed they can’t give us more but we need to support this year as well as last year to show we will be there to support the full comp next year!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Only 5 home games, according to a WF email sent to members today.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I’m sure they are disappointed they can’t give us more but we need to support this year as well as last year to show we will be there to support the full comp next year!!
    Fully agree.

A significant challenge for Minderoo in 2019 will be to retain the good-will of the supporter base from 2018 so that paying bums will appear on seats when GRR really gets underway in later years.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Personally We’re still grateful that we HAVE a team, and will do our utmost to support it. It was pretty obvious it wasn’t going to be easy-an uphill battle dealing against RA, & we thoroughly enjoyed last years games. And this time round there’s also an option for some away games. Having Toulon come & play would be a great idea as well!

Champion
    vCash
    Just saw this in The West story

Western Force is planning to use the Bledisloe Cup weekend in Perth to stage one of its showcase games.
    GRR wants to take advantage of having thousands of rugby fans in WA for the Wallabies-All Blacks clash at Optus Stadium on Saturday August 10 and will likely play a match on the Friday night at HBF Park.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881090280z

vCash
    Now wouldn't it be nice if the RA showed how sincere they are and packaged the two for visitors - if you purchased a Bledisloe Cup ticket, you also get entry to the showcase game. That would mean of course it would have to part with some of its profits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Fully agree.

A significant challenge for Minderoo in 2019 will be to retain the good-will of the supporter base from 2018 so that paying bums will appear on seats when GRR really gets underway in later years.
    Fingertips..you're not TWAS in disguise are you? He said almost the same thing on the Roar .. Da Da DAAA...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Now wouldn't it be nice if the RA showed how sincere they are and packaged the two for visitors - if you purchased a Bledisloe Cup ticket, you also get entry to the showcase game. That would mean of course it would have to part with some of its profits.
    The article mentions playing the Force game on the Friday prior to Saturdays Bledisloe cup game. I reckon that's ridiculous. Have it on the same day with maybe 1 hr between the games. It doesnt have to be played at Optus where the Bledisloe will be played. An hour is plenty of time to get from HBF to Optus stadium, they could even make it 2 hrs if they wanted to be complete a%$holes, but I'm sure most people would be pumped to see a bledisloe straight after watching the Force. Some of us have to trek huge distances to get to these games so having a Friday night game and then having to come up again for a Saturday game seems a little bit stretched out when you could just have a same day blockbuster Saturday arvo/night instead. Ideally playing as a pre game match for the Bledisloe at Optus in front of almost 60k fans would be an awesome sight and definitely my preference.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Fingertips..you're not TWAS in disguise are you? He said almost the same thing on the Roar .. Da Da DAAA...
    Who or what the f*ck is a TWAS - some kind of cyber troll or incipient cyber bully?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Hardly a startling insight though, especially with only five games...that is heading towards Test match prices for little more than preseason trial matches. Promise much and deliver significantly less, they've got to expect that a fair amount of blowback is likely. They've got a job ahead of them...

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    The article mentions playing the Force game on the Friday prior to Saturdays Bledisloe cup game. I reckon that's ridiculous. Have it on the same day with maybe 1 hr between the games. It doesnt have to be played at Optus where the Bledisloe will be played. An hour is plenty of time to get from HBF to Optus stadium, they could even make it 2 hrs if they wanted to be complete a%$holes, but I'm sure most people would be pumped to see a bledisloe straight after watching the Force. Some of us have to trek huge distances to get to these games so having a Friday night game and then having to come up again for a Saturday game seems a little bit stretched out when you could just have a same day blockbuster Saturday arvo/night instead. Ideally playing as a pre game match for the Bledisloe at Optus in front of almost 60k fans would be an awesome sight and definitely my preference.
    Isn't it a double header with Aus v NZ women first? Maybe that's why the Friday night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Isn't it a double header with Aus v NZ women first? Maybe that's why the Friday night.
    Ahh yes you are right. I'll probably skip that match.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh well, it was fun while it lasted ...

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast