Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    RA wasn't asleep at the wheel Bakkies, they kiboshed Paramatta while SARU got into Malaysia and NZRU got into somewhere or other.

Now THATS being proactive

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Oh boo hoo.

While I still support the Western Sydney, Newcastle and Adelaide ideas; the fact remains that SANZAAR have their own competitions, while we're trying to eek something out and stand on our own two feet. Keeping these two spheres separate and out of each other's hair allows for us to do that.
    It's time to cut the Oedipal umbilical cord.
    I dont know how to write this.

I dont want to sound condesending.

Andrew Forrest at some stage is going to want a return on his investment.

TV rights will give him that return.

IF GRR is as popular as I think it will be - RugbyAustralia and New Zealand Rugby are going to want to be a part of GRR.

I honestly believe that if that happens - Andrew Forrest will welcome them to the GRR Family with open arms. His TV Deals will increase with the involvement of East Coast Rugby teams, as well as NZ Rugby Teams.

I get that everyone is angry with SANZAAR and with RugbyAustralia. I wish you would all get over it. But - I am happy to wait.

I believe that Andrew Forrest is over it. And now its all business. He is in this for the business opportunity. He will not refuse the entry of the Rebels, Waratahs, Reds or Brumbies because they screwed the Force. Their involvment will give him a return on his investment. No more no less. Sure, he may charge them an rather large entry fee. (God I hope so) but we wont refuse them entry.

Yes - I Live in the East Coast.

I was born in Perth - I have a Western Australian Birth Certificate.

I will punch Cameron Clyne in the mouth if the opportunity arrises.

Im no longer going to apologise for not agreeing with everyone with their continued bitching and wining about something that happened over 12 months ago.

you all gotta stop hating people for not sharing your opinion - This is Rugby Union. not that Mungo Sport.

Merry Christmas - I love you all.

Simon

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    With all due respect ex (and you know I have plenty) I think you might be over reading twiggys intent to get a return on his investment.

His philanthropic endeavours have never really been profit focused and I don't get the impression that profit is his primary motivation.

Sure it's a great business idea, but I don't think that's the motivation.

Neither do I think that his philanthropic focus will stop him from allowing the enemy access when they finally destroy superficial rugby and are looking for a competition that isn't fundamentally flawed. I just think hell go it for "good of rugby" reasons, not business.

I hope that doesn't stop him from charging an exorbitant entry fee though.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Yes !!!!
    but in the famous words of bill the steamshovel
    “Hurry up Hurry up!”
    Some teams will barely have a chance to practice

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

IF GRR is as popular as I think it will be - RugbyAustralia and New Zealand Rugby are going to want to be a part of GRR.

I honestly believe that if that happens - Andrew Forrest will welcome them to the GRR Family with open arms. His TV Deals will increase with the involvement of East Coast Rugby teams, as well as NZ Rugby Teams.

I get that everyone is angry with SANZAAR and with RugbyAustralia. I wish you would all get over it. But - I am happy to wait.

I believe that Andrew Forrest is over it. And now its all business. He is in this for the business opportunity. He will not refuse the entry of the Rebels, Waratahs, Reds or Brumbies because they screwed the Force. Their involvment will give him a return on his investment. No more no less. Sure, he may charge them an rather large entry fee. (God I hope so) but we wont refuse them entry.

Im no longer going to apologise for not agreeing with everyone with their continued bitching and wining about something that happened over 12 months ago.

you all gotta stop hating people for not sharing your opinion - This is Rugby Union. not that Mungo Sport.

Simon
    Ex, I think you are under estimating our friend. I heard him ä few months ago say at a private function something like ""A time would come for a merger of the competitions, but he was not a in a hurry, because when the merger happens, it will be on our terms, not theirs""

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    The question isn't whether they might incorporate the Reds, Waratahs, Brumbies and Rebels, it is whether they get RA as part of the package and how much control that gives them over the competition.

As I'm reading it, Forrest won't be administering the whole comp, the teams will. So when the Force becomes just one of five Australian teams, who will actually be calling the shots and how did that go last time...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    The question isn't whether they might incorporate the Reds, Waratahs, Brumbies and Rebels, it is whether they get RA as part of the package and how much control that gives them over the competition.

As I'm reading it, Forrest won't be administering the whole comp, the teams will. So when the Force becomes just one of five Australian teams, who will actually be calling the shots and how did that go last time...?
    That’s why he sent it to Hong Kong so the RA don’t get their grubby mits on it. The Brumbies couldn’t care less about the RA. The RA would definitely not change put options and introduce incremental funding to save them. They receive nothing from the RA as I believe the annual Super Rugby allocations come from the SANZAAR tv pot to cover salaries.

The new CEO had a sly dig at the RA at the Brumbies AGM for their lack of promotion of Super Rugby. I remember when the Super 12 started SANZAR drove the TV promotion with their ads.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bakkies; 24-12-18 at 03:26.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    RA wasn't asleep at the wheel Bakkies, they kiboshed Paramatta while SARU got into Malaysia and NZRU got into somewhere or other.

Now THATS being proactive
    This is the same governing body that went behind the RA’s back to get the Cheetahs and Kings in to the Pro 12. The RA thought that SARU would put their sides out of business like the Force to strengthen Super Rugby.

Now they are getting behind a team in this competition. None of their sock puppets in the media that are close to the inner sanctum saw this coming.

Jurie Roux did a press conference about Super Rugby and he had a pot shot at the RA over Super Rugby expansion in regards to the Rebels in how it was driven by their own agenda and by money which weakened the integrity of the comp.

As for Steve Tew and the NZRU the RA thought that they wouldn’t get involved in this comp until 2021 at least to protect Super Rugby. Too many agendas and backstabbing in SANZAAR that body and Super Rugby are done.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    SANZAAR and Super Rugby were doomed from the moment SANZAAR went for the big Japanese cash grab. Inclusion in Super Rugby has done nothing for Japanese or Singaporean rugby as far as I can see and has royally screwed the rest of us. And all the money they got from Japan seems to have been frittered away. Slow hand clap for SANZAAR. Start limbering up, fat lady.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    SANZAAR and Super Rugby were doomed from the moment SANZAAR went for the big Japanese cash grab. Inclusion in Super Rugby has done nothing for Japanese or Singaporean rugby as far as I can see and has royally screwed the rest of us. And all the money they got from Japan seems to have been frittered away. Slow hand clap for SANZAAR. Start limbering up, fat lady.
    Do we even know how much they contributed to the comp?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Do we even know how much they contributed to the comp?
    Who's to say the money even came from them, it might have been world rugby

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Who's to say the money even came from them, it might have been world rugby
    The JRFU had to pay a participation fee.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

Simon
    So you're saying a businessman such as Forrest would have enough nous about him to recognise the value in having teams from the East Coast involved. Careful mate. Logic like that will get you on a lot of naughty lists around here. But I agree, Forrest is savvy enough to realise that such a venture requires a base and the best option for that is more Aus/NZ involvement. It certainly doesn't have to be in the form or admin as it currently stands but more Aus/NZ would certainly helped shore up the foundations in order to build off and grow into the Asia-Pacific region.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Agree, perfectly sensible for any businessman who cared nothing about how the opportunity came about. But if you are saying that would also then require different administration, that is a pretty huge modifying proviso. As it stands, either Forrest will be a canny businessman, or he will stand on principle. Not sure there is any middle ground in the foreseeable future.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Agree, perfectly sensible for any businessman who cared nothing about how the opportunity came about. But if you are saying that would also then require different administration, that is a pretty huge modifying proviso. As it stands, either Forrest will be a canny businessman, or he will stand on principle. Not sure there is any middle ground in the foreseeable future.
    No. I was referring to the current set ups of the East Coast teams. Not the competition itself. More that it could be in the form of the current individual Unions or other groups that look to take up the mantle. They would have to fit in with the adopted model.

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast