Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bledisloe 3 - 27 October 2018

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Pretty sure I'd support the team based in the area I lived - and probably buy a membership. Perhaps also a WA team if it existed. I wouldn't turn up pissed in a Rabble and/or Tahs/Broncos jersey and hurl abuse at the local team and supporters. I suppose that's only a small minority in the expat Rugby community but it is an obvious one at some games. In general the South African expat community are the opposite to that.
    I would jump on the bandwagon of the local side but wear my Force jersey if they ever came to town.

I understand the frustration toward certain Kiwis in the Force's original incarnation but these were the kiwis who moved here with the "im just here for the money then moving back" attitude (heehee all FIFOs famous last words). I hold no grudge for em sticking by their team/s. There is now the Kiwis who do call Perth home and their next generation growing up here.

If you went to games this year either exhibition or NRC you will see the Kiwis are here. Still AB supporters but who wouldnt be. Many I know have finally even brought jerseys/shirts etc but still have their teams. Like when we played the Crusaders i noticed a few colour changes from the week before and after. Good on em for being loyal and for supporting local.

Look forwards not backwards we will get there

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    In response to her bridges theory, we never walked away from rugby in WA, we just walked away from the ARU/RA, the Force crowds showed that this year being the highest attended matches in the country, it just shows that there is more support for rugby in this state than in any of the perceived heartlands or the new heartland they are trying to create where tickets have to be given away or heavily discount to generate even a mediocre crowd.
    If only I could upvote that more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    So that they can see ANY product. No Western Force, no professional or international rugby. We only have this Bled match as it was organised before The Treachery due to the Sydney stadiums rebuilding, and there will be nothing after it.
    That's a stark thing to realise, once I think about it. Especially considering we were to be cut from the NRC too.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    We have now seen what their non-attendance meant, it gave the cabal an opportunity for the knife in the back that we have all been waiting for since inception.
    Yep!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    And by the way -what a terrific game of rugby between ABs & Japan it was! NZ won 69-31, but jeez the Japanes played so well. And there were hardly any scrums! After the rubbish served up by the Wobs last week.....

vCash
    The cherry blossoms should do well at their home World Cup next year. Hope so anyway.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I would jump on the bandwagon of the local side but wear my Force jersey if they ever came to town.

I understand the frustration toward certain Kiwis in the Force's original incarnation but these were the kiwis who moved here with the "im just here for the money then moving back" attitude (heehee all FIFOs famous last words). I hold no grudge for em sticking by their team/s. There is now the Kiwis who do call Perth home and their next generation growing up here.

If you went to games this year either exhibition or NRC you will see the Kiwis are here. Still AB supporters but who wouldnt be. Many I know have finally even brought jerseys/shirts etc but still have their teams. Like when we played the Crusaders i noticed a few colour changes from the week before and after. Good on em for being loyal and for supporting local.

Look forwards not backwards we will get there
    And the next generation are quite often AB supporters as well. On the train back from the last test one man was telling all and sundry how his 10year old son, born here,was an AB supporter not Wallabies. Made me vomit a bit!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    And the next generation are quite often AB supporters as well. On the train back from the last test one man was telling all and sundry how his 10year old son, born here,was an AB supporter not Wallabies. Made me vomit a bit!
    Do you blame him?

What have the Wallabies done in the last 10 years but select the same players from the boys club & show an air of arrogance while they get beat by team from a tier or two below.

In comparison the AB's still have the pride & aura in their team that they always have and show a bloody good example to young lads out there.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Do you blame him?

What have the Wallabies done in the last 10 years but select the same players from the boys club & show an air of arrogance while they get beat by team from a tier or two below.

In comparison the AB's still have the pride & aura in their team that they always have and show a bloody good example to young lads out there.
    Correct, its a poor indictment when a few people generalise different nationalities

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Do you blame him? What have the Wallabies done in the last 10 years but select the same players from the boys club & show an air of arrogance while they get beat by team from a tier or two below. In comparison the AB's still have the pride & aura in their team that they always have and show a bloody good example to young lads out there.
    I used to say they were arrogant and disrespectful, but fuggit, they earned the right

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4