Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rebels insist they are under cap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Seeing as he did not play all the games sums up the standard of the rest of the players
    You're back mate?! Talk about a blast from the past!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Despite Pocock's performance, given the Wallabies recent performance, it's weight is not what it once was
    I guess that would be an argument in favour of not changing the name then....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Good to see that Tazz is back.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Cooper signs with Rebels for 2019

There probably is a lot of flexibility in the definition of what portion of each Australian SR player's salary has to be included in their team's salary cap calculation, and it looks like the sources of that salary can be jiggled to bring the total under the specified cap. For example, see the fifth paragraph in https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...0811eb99b6d522. It reminds me of Enron's accounting practices in 2001.

The ARU/RA's distribution of largesse to the Melbourne Rebels is all about raising the profile of the Rebels and attracting new sponsors, new members and new match-day attendees, which it is hoped will increase 2019 revenue for the Rebels.

But of course, there is no guarantee that having the Rebels get into the SR finals in 2019 will result in a meaningful increase in the Rebel's 2019 revenues - especially if the financial performance of the Melbourne Storm over the past 20 years is considered to be a representative example.

One interesting question doing the rounds: "For how long will the NSWRU and QRU put up with the Rebels receiving this degree of preferential treatment, at the cost of the Reds and Waratahs (and/or Brumbies) missing out on finals' places?"

Last edited by FingerTips; 24-10-18 at 09:01.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    One interesting question doing the rounds: "For how long will the NSWRU and QRU put up with the Rebels receiving this degree of preferential treatment, at the cost of the Reds and Waratahs (and/or Brumbies) missing out on finals' places?"
    Bloody good question. But having said that, probably as long as the NRL clubs have had to put up with the Melbourne Storm?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Bloody good question. But having said that, probably as long as the NRL clubs have had to put up with the Melbourne Storm?
    The key difference is that it was News Limited bailing the Storm out and with the Rabble it is the RA's that is supposed to be distributed across the game in Australia. As for sponsors what have they done to attract a major sponsor since RaboDirect pulled out?

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Just sent a couple of mates in Melbourne a message about Quade joining Rebels and they were not even aware that he had signed for them today.

They did know about Mumford getting busted doing lines of the talky chalky three years ago which broke today, but of course that is AFL news, not rugby news.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Just sent a couple of mates in Melbourne a message about Quade joining Rebels and they were not even aware that he had signed for them today.

They did know about Mumford getting busted doing lines of the talky chalky three years ago which broke today, but of course that is AFL news, not rugby news.
    Interesting that fishpaste has signed for one season and Rob Penney the NTT Shining Arcs coach asked for Quade or Khoder to contact him by pm on Twitter. You rarely see that occur on social media with an experienced player.

vCash
    They’re going to need to treble the facilities at AAMI Park to be able to cope with this squad of 100 next year.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I am sure they can get changed in Tim North's offices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post

... and losing out on attendances/ television fans/ sponsors whilst the Chairmans XV Rebels franchise accelerates towards another failed finals campaign. Go on keep following your dear leader Clyne, look where its lead you! I dare you!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    ... and losing out on attendances/ television fans/ sponsors whilst the Chairmans XV Rebels franchise accelerates towards another failed finals campaign. Go on keep following your dear leader Clyne, look where its lead you! I dare you!
    So lets imagine if the Force had won that court case and Clyne & co had to axe the Rebels. Would the Force now be getting all these RA paid/subsidized PONI players. Or would RugbyWA/Twiggy be expected to buy all their own players necessary to compete with NSW, Qld etc???
    And if RugbyWA/Twiggy went over the one dollar over ""salary cap"", would the Force be punished.?????????????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    So lets imagine if the Force had won that court case and Clyne & co had to axe the Rebels. Would the Force now be getting all these RA paid/subsidized PONI players. Or would RugbyWA/Twiggy be expected to buy all their own players necessary to compete with NSW, Qld etc???
    And if RugbyWA/Twiggy went over the one dollar over ""salary cap"", would the Force be punished.?????????????
    Ohh come on we all know the answer to that, we would have been neglected and received the smallest RA payment of all franchises (as per historical trends) , we would have eventually had a useless coach forced upon us as they eventually poach Wessels to assist Cheika's imploding ship, and then they would have tried to convince the others that instead of trying to eradicate us under the Assassination agreement, they were just trying to test the legalities of the agreements whilst desperately trying to convince the others to get on board(which to their horror they all keep well away from RA and any shoddy agreement not worth's its weight in shit). We would be playing in a stale competition with no future or foresight and with a lack of RA subsidies salary cap Enron accounting shenanigans we would be destined to use the dregs from around Australia whilst desperately trying to develop our own talent and keep up with the incredible pace of the kiwi sides..

But hey on a positive we would have easy beats the Sunwolves and Waratahs to play twice each a year !!

vCash
    Rebels have just signed Campbell Magnay. He's coming back from Japan so only half his salary has to fit under the cap. Doesn't change the fact they have to actually pay him and the other 57 players on their 36 player roster...without a major sponsor. Remember when Force lost Emirates, and the raft of Wallaby and high calibre players and coaches we could afford?

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I haven't commented on this for some time, and for a while it seemed that players were leaving and being replaced and possibly were able to stay under the cap - in 2016 and maybe even in 2017 but seriously, with 17 Wallabies (I think that's the count) it is simply not possible for them to be under their salary cap for 2018. The RA do make a contribution to Wallaby player payments, however, even a young Wallaby will be getting paid a decent salary , let's be honest. So there are two issues: salary cap and who is paying, since their financial sponsorship, membership and walkins is very light on. Why aren't eyebrows being raised by QLD, NSW and ACT?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast