Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Fiji Drua - Round 7

vCash
    Congrats to Fiji - they played the better rugby, although we only lost by a try and certainly the try in the 2nd half from the scrum penalty wasn't taken from behind the mark - it was taken from behind the Force's scrum!

I'd want to see the rolling maul at the end of the 1st half again, too, as it didn't look like Tessman went into touch before grounding it from my angle.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'd want to see the rolling maul at the end of the 1st half again, too, as it didn't look like Tessman went into touch before grounding it from my angle.
    From what I saw on TV he grounded it over the touch line, mistaking it for the try line! (But that may have been a weird replay camera angle...and all the replays in the first half had a very stuttering video).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I don’t think kicking is the right way to go when the opposition is playing 7s style rugby . They will attack from anywhere on the field . Phases and possession are the key . Great game with some great running by both teams. The scrum penalties may have earned a yellow on another day . Go Force !!

vCash
    A great game of rugby, but once again I feel that whenever the Force get to the point end of a comp, there are some dubious ref decisions start to appear. But the Drua were terrific, great skills. Still the Force let themselves down a lot with knockons and letting themselves get pushed off the ball. I thought the game plan was to retain ball possession and not kick away, a couple of kicks back to Fiji led to trouble. So where do we stand now on the ladder?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    A great game of rugby, but once again I feel that whenever the Force get to the point end of a comp, there are some dubious ref decisions start to appear. But the Drua were terrific, great skills. Still the Force let themselves down a lot with knockons and letting themselves get pushed off the ball. I thought the game plan was to retain ball possession and not kick away, a couple of kicks back to Fiji led to trouble. So where do we stand now on the ladder?
    3rd- possible but highly unlikely we'd drop to 4th. So we'll play QLD Country. To be honest, this is the best outcome for us- QLD Country are the weakest team in the finals. If we get really lucky, whoever comes 4th might knock off the Drua.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Without trying to put mockers on the Drua, Canberra can be a banana skin final for them, we still may end up with a home grand final.

On a side note, I have faith in our coaching staff. I thought we got some things wrong today, but we've been able to learn from our mistakes after losses for most of the year.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Absolutely gutted.. it was such a winnable game and really basic errors cost the team. The quicktap taken off the mark behind the scrum aside, the Force should have still been able to win that game. They got into reasonable field positions twice before throwing intercepts which eventually lead to tries. Not only that, when the Force finally managed to get the ball back, instead of running it, they decided (which is so unlike this team) to kick the ball back to Fiji, again and again, and instead of holding the ball they wasted valuable time trying to win it back. Really disappointing result, I think I always feel worse when I've been to the game live as opposed to watching it on TV, could not bring myself to post about the game until now.

It was a good spectacle though and overall a great game day experience.

So does anyone know if Fiji are hosting the semi final and if not where will this be?

vCash
    Looks like a Saturday semi for Fiji, so they'll be able to host it. Probably in Lautoka from the sounds of it, so they can take the grand final to the National Stadium in Suva. Should get a test match crowd for that.

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Wonder if RA will carry on with the NRC if Fiji win it....

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    It's better than us winning it

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    It's better than us winning it
    Always thought RA (BCD) or whatever plan for the Force NRC was a few fringe players from the Rabble and then becoming the whipping boys for the rest of the teams and a See we told you .....Tough Shit Guys/Girls ....Lets look forward to a Fiji Force final in a packed Stadium in Suva 👍

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Wonder if RA will carry on with the NRC if Fiji win it....
    They will probably cut one of the Australian sides, as cutting teams obviously makes the remaining teams stronger...😡

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Force was dead as soon as they started kicking Fiji the ball and daring them to run at the defence. Stupid game plan in SR, fatal in the NRC.

Good game though and Fiji deserved the win. Always looked the more potent team whenever they touched the ball.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Force was dead as soon as they started kicking Fiji the ball and daring them to run at the defence. Stupid game plan in SR, fatal in the NRC.

Good game though and Fiji deserved the win. Always looked the more potent team whenever they touched the ball.
    Force off to play Qld Country away I'm not sure on the venue. Canberra off to Fiji.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    If we can make the final, especially if it's in Fiji, it's a win-win even if we lose. We can still proclaim ourselves the best Australian team, it took a foreign team to beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    Always thought RA (BCD) or whatever plan for the Force NRC was a few fringe players from the Rabble and then becoming the whipping boys for the rest of the teams and a See we told you .....Tough Shit Guys/Girls ....Lets look forward to a Fiji Force final in a packed Stadium in Suva 👍
    How good would that be?! Wish it was on free-to-air. If we win the semi, would be great to see a media build-up for this event, because either way, if it's a grand final here, or away in a packed Suva, it's something Minderoo/RugbyWA/local media should get behind, as a vindication for Twiggy's New Force and also as a statement that the wrong team was cut.

The headline should read:
    A year after being cut,
    the Western Force are in the National Championship grand final!
    And in front of a packed house in Fiji!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    They will probably cut one of the Australian sides, as cutting teams obviously makes the remaining teams stronger...
    Cutting teams worked well for the NSW sides!

Last edited by chibi; 14-10-18 at 15:57.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast